Earlville cop faces pot charge

Earlville cop faces pot charge

There are 3 comments on the The Times story from Feb 1, 2010, titled Earlville cop faces pot charge. In it, The Times reports that:

An Earlville police officer was arrested at 10:34 p.m. Friday and taken to the La Salle County Jail Saturday after drug agents said he sold marijuana from his police car.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times.

Rich Rogers

United States

#1 Feb 9, 2010
I remember when I was growing up and all we had was a night watchman, and virtually no drug proble. We still got messed up on "cheap wine". They hire cops and crime goes up. How many does this make that have been arrested and gone to jail in the last 30 years or so? In a town Earlville's size , if it only these two it still is way too many.
Skippy

United States

#2 Feb 11, 2010
Owen Finnegan didn't smoke pot and look what Earlvile did to him.
Earlvillian

Sugar Grove, IL

#3 Apr 27, 2012
Definitely not just these 2 Rich. One “left” here to go to Seneca and got into trouble (“allegedly” something to do with an underage girl), and another went from here to the county sheriff office and was fired for “allegedly” breaking into a chicken delivery truck (while on duty) that was stuck in a snow bank. We also had a chief that “allegedly” had rubber checks hanging in almost every business in town a few years back. I had to have the local automotive parts delivery men put the word out to all the mechanics in the area about him after seeing his car sitting at a shop in Somonauk. I stopped at the shop in Somonauk and asked the mechanic (a friend) if he knew who’s car he was working on? His response was “NO, WHY?”. I told him not to take anything but cash for the bill. I suggested he call another friend at a shop in Earlville that I knew had a rubber check on the board and ask him about the guy. The car ended up sitting at the shop in Somonauk for about six months. We also had one that was living in the old Nemer Kaleel house “allegedly” shoot out the picture window (from the inside) because he seen a shadowy figure in the front yard. This may have been the same one that was “allegedly” working security at Lake Holiday?“Allegedly” a lot of people were coming home from vacation to ransacked houses for a while…

Earlville didn’t do anything to Owen Finnegan, Owen Finnegan was his own worst enemy.

Too many stories, not enough time!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Salle County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 1,795 pounds of pot seized in La Salle (Apr '06) Nov '17 In ur azz 35
News 2000 Murder Case: Priebe poised for July 29 parole (Feb '08) Jul '17 Vinecki 45
police 09-13-14 (Sep '14) Sep '16 Spliv and blee 2
News Starved Rock Murders: Victim's relative speaks ... (Sep '08) May '15 BobP 11
News Woman sues La Salle County, claims she was ille... (Oct '13) Jan '14 Sentenced 99
News Used oil collection Saturday (Aug '13) Aug '13 Mike 1
News Lomeli gets 45 years for Hunter murder (Jul '13) Jul '13 tak 1
More from around the web