Veterans official questions extended flag lowering for slain Fond du Lac cop

Full story: TwinCities.com 7
An area veterans official has questioned the governor's declaration that flags fly half-staff for almost a week to honor a slain police officer, noting fallen Armed Forces members receive only a day of such recognition. Full Story
What the

Hartford, CT

#1 Mar 24, 2011
Jim remember this is a cop and is above protocol.
Enough

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Mar 24, 2011
What the wrote:
Jim remember this is a cop and is above protocol.
This is a dead Police Officer who died protecting people. No more or less the hero than the soldiers. Please don't showcase you ignorance and cynicism.
Quinn

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Mar 24, 2011
Being that this man was a public employee, I'm suprised Walker didn't make his family pay for the flags to be lowered.
Annie

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Mar 24, 2011
Really? I'm fairly certain that no one would notice if it was lowered for longer than "protocol." Please figure out a better way to use your time.
What the

Hartford, CT

#5 Mar 24, 2011
Enough wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a dead Police Officer who died protecting people. No more or less the hero than the soldiers. Please don't showcase you ignorance and cynicism.
Exactly NO MORE than the soldiers. Your bacon is showing.
BigD

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Mar 24, 2011
This Gausmann character sounds like a complete moron. Obviously looking for any excuse he can find to vent against the governor. Sad case.
joe

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Mar 24, 2011
its sconnies, they do funny stuff over there...lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Crosse County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge rules property was adversely possessed (Aug '06) Jul '14 Patricia is all h... 13
Koula back In La Crosse County Courtroom Today (Apr '14) Apr '14 hami 1
Fact or Fiction: Debunking flu vaccine myths (Nov '13) Dec '13 Vaccines RUIN lives 16
Sparta woman remains in critical condition (Apr '12) Apr '12 shasta parker 1
Woman charged with felony for belt spanking (Feb '10) Aug '11 Marcus 3
Democrats gain one seat in Wisconsin Assembly d... (May '11) Jul '11 rider 37
Chicken ordinance referred 60 days (Apr '11) Jun '11 Amanda two 2
More from around the web