Rudeness of whoever answer the phone ...
Aggravated Citizen

Knoxville, TN

#21 Apr 13, 2010
I have a neighbor that allows their large dog to run lose in the neighborhood on an almost nightly basis. I have reported this to animal control numerous times as have several other residents, animal control has always been polite when I have spoken and they have been out to speak with the neighbor on several occasions; however after a few days the dog is out again. As the dog is out after KCAC is available there is now nothing being done about it. What options do I have, this dog destroys my flower beds, attempts to get at the fenced in dogs next door and turns over the trash in the area and strews it around. It is a real nuisance. If there is anyone that knows what else I can do please help.
Knox County Taxpayer

AOL

#22 Apr 26, 2010
Our animal control is the worst I dont know where they found them but it is a joke. I had a complaint and Ihad to talk to the superviser of animal control she was about as helpful as a rock she act like I was a bother to her in asking her to do her job.She did'nt know how to do her job she could'nt answer my questions or help me.
Tom

AOL

#23 Apr 26, 2010
They have people who work all afternoon and night that should come out and help you there not telling you that.
tax payer knox county

AOL

#24 Jun 14, 2010
I think they should replace the entire staff
at animal control.I don't know who hired these
people but none of them know how to do there job
nor do they care to.They ride around all day in
these very exspensive trucks and waste gas that
comes out of the tax payers pockets.They spend more time at restaurants. Why are they allowed to take a vehicle home with them its not like they will come out to do there job after hours anyway,they cant do it during normal
hours.Sice 2009 that department has went
downhill something terrible.The mayors office
could put a stop to alot of the negative attitudes
but just ignore it.
animal control

Knoxville, TN

#25 Jun 29, 2010
where do you people get off thinking you pay our salaries? we pay just as many taxes as you do!!! also no we dont take anonymouse calls just because over half of them are a prank and its also public record any time you make a call. some dumb inbred people think its funny to waste our time. if you would get your dogs spayed and neutered we would not have to deal with all these issues and so many innocent animals would not be euthanized. also about us bothering rescues. i can tell you they are not many legitimate rescues around here most of these "rescues" are nothing more than modern day hoarders and puppy mills.
lawrence

Campbellsville, KY

#26 Jul 9, 2010
wow can you believe someone working for animal control would write something like this.not to mention calling the public inbred,that person obviously has no concern for there job or the public.how could they know if the anonymous calls are pranks if they are not taking them.there are people that actually need help and they are just dismissed,or they are going to have to deal with what neighbors are going to do because there names are not kept private.the people that work there do pay taxes also but they are not the majority. without the (inbred)people they wouldn't have jobs because just the ones working in that department couldn't be enough to pay there own salaries.not to mention if animal control can admit there are a lot of rescues out there that are not legitimate why are they not doing more about them,instead of wasting there time posting things like they have.there may not be as many euthanized if they weren't so mean toward the rescues that are for real.they are so ridiculous
Marshine

Lenoir City, TN

#27 Jul 10, 2010
Omg I cant beleive a supervisor would post something like that. She sounds more inbred than the supervisor before her that slept at his desk all day! Way to go Marissa! I agree KCAC needs new officers, especially a more professional supervisor!
knox county resident

Lenoir City, TN

#28 Aug 13, 2010
Did you fail to realize that animal control officers are subject to the same "taxes" that you are entitled to pay?
tax payer knox county wrote:
I think they should replace the entire staff
at animal control.I don't know who hired these
people but none of them know how to do there job
nor do they care to.They ride around all day in
these very exspensive trucks and waste gas that
comes out of the tax payers pockets.They spend more time at restaurants. Why are they allowed to take a vehicle home with them its not like they will come out to do there job after hours anyway,they cant do it during normal
hours.Sice 2009 that department has went
downhill something terrible.The mayors office
could put a stop to alot of the negative attitudes
but just ignore it.
knox county resident

Lenoir City, TN

#29 Aug 13, 2010
Wow. You actually believe that person may work for animal control? I could put my name as president of the united states, would you believe that? On the matter of anonymous calls. If you are serious enough to want to get something done about a matter then you will leave them your information. What happens if you called in a complaint on an address and when the officer was responding the address wasnt properly marked? Or how about you called about an abandoned animal and whe the officer responded he didn't see any animal on the property? Wouldn't you want that officer to contact you to make sure they had the information you gave them correct? Knox county animal control officers can not do anything about rescues that are out of county, which a majority of them are.
lawrence wrote:
wow can you believe someone working for animal control would write something like this.not to mention calling the public inbred,that person obviously has no concern for there job or the public.how could they know if the anonymous calls are pranks if they are not taking them.there are people that actually need help and they are just dismissed,or they are going to have to deal with what neighbors are going to do because there names are not kept private.the people that work there do pay taxes also but they are not the majority. without the (inbred)people they wouldn't have jobs because just the ones working in that department couldn't be enough to pay there own salaries.not to mention if animal control can admit there are a lot of rescues out there that are not legitimate why are they not doing more about them,instead of wasting there time posting things like they have.there may not be as many euthanized if they weren't so mean toward the rescues that are for real.they are so ridiculous
knox county resident

Lenoir City, TN

#30 Aug 13, 2010
Prior to August 2010 animal control officers were on an emergency on-call basis from 4pm to 8am. What part of
EMERGENCY consists them coming to your home at 1am because you saw a raccoon in a tree on your property? They responded to calls in the nature of:animals hit by cars, animals severly injured (a missing toenail isn't life threatning)
Tom wrote:
They have people who work all afternoon and night that should come out and help you there not telling you that.
knox county resident

Lenoir City, TN

#31 Aug 13, 2010
Wow! Good job attorney. All the way from Los Angeles,CA. Thats what like 3500 miles from Knoxville,TN? Well maybe you should do some research into "Knox County" laws, because they are very different from Los Angeles,CA. Asking a complaintants information is a requirement for many "services" involving government agencies. This allows them to make sure they are recieving accurate information. For if they do not recieve all information necessary to complete a complaint then how are they to contact anyone to get the rest of the info needed? Thank you for your input anyway Los Angeles,CA
Attorney wrote:
If anyone here would like to sue Officer Cole please don't hesitate to contact an attorney. They will be happy to file a harrasment lawsuit for you. Animal Control is not required to ask your name or phone number to act on any complaints, and they are certanly no required to be rude neither on the phone or online. Feel free to forward his response on this board to his superiors and to the newspapers. That should be enough to get him/her fired on the spot.
knox county citizen

Franklin, TN

#32 Aug 15, 2010
WOW!! sounds like a knox county animal control officer wrote the posts from knox county resident from lenoir city they know to much about the job. it is interesting how they can find so much time to sit on the Internet and make excuses for why they do not perform there job duties.they can try to defend the department all they want but it is obvious they are a joke. if you would read the previous post it stated that the employees do pay there taxes also but they does not give you the right to down the public.and the hand full of officers there cannot pay for there salaries and those vehicles alone.knox county animal control is there to keep the public and the animals safe. whether or not someone leaves a name or they don't the animals are the ones having to suffer from all this bickering.so if you have some scared little old lady that does know what she is talking about it is just to bad for her and the animal she is looking out for.this is just pure laziness on there part. an when you speak of not finding animals on a property you have to actually get out of the truck and look for them just driving down the road is not going to do it, the animal cannot run out and tell you it is there.the officers need to get out there and do the jobs they are paid to do,so what if you run into a few complaints that are not for real if you really care about the animals (which is why you should be there in the first place) then it shouldn't be such a big deal.
Marshine

Lenoir City, TN

#33 Aug 19, 2010
Its funny how the poster named "Animal Control" suddenly changed their name to "Knox County resident" from Lenoir City AFTER the head honcho at Young Williams received these posts in his email. Kinda makes ya think, huh? Bottom line is get off your fat butts, and yes the majority of these officers are obese and thats why they do not get out of their trucks, and do your jobs. Its not about the people its about the animals!
your buddy

Knoxville, TN

#34 Sep 15, 2010
animal control wrote:
where do you people get off thinking you pay our salaries? we pay just as many taxes as you do!!! also no we dont take anonymouse calls just because over half of them are a prank and its also public record any time you make a call. some dumb inbred people think its funny to waste our time. if you would get your dogs spayed and neutered we would not have to deal with all these issues and so many innocent animals would not be euthanized. also about us bothering rescues. i can tell you they are not many legitimate rescues around here most of these "rescues" are nothing more than modern day hoarders and puppy mills.
Nice post Officer Ellison!
jayden

Franklin, TN

#35 Sep 15, 2010
Don't know that Officer Ellison has modern day hoarders in there vocabulary.Could they have possibly had help from Officer Bostick and Byrne because everyone knows those two have to much time on there hands considering they don't go out and work.
zayza21

Knoxville, TN

#36 Oct 7, 2010
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
A ticket? no
I called Animal controll about some barking dogs. He basically acted like I was a huge pain in his rear and that he had better things to do. It was no help and basically wasted my time. Then my HOA office manager spoke with him and got the same treatment. He told her I was a liar. He is lucky I don't sue him for slander. He was a pathetic excuse for a human being.
Officer Maxwell has finally been fired!! Hope he doesn't land another taxpayer-funded job!
needtoknow

Nashville, TN

#37 Oct 9, 2010
What happened to that useless director (Dave Head)? I am assuming after he caused the county millions in the Lowe suit they canned his sorry butt.
It is what it is

Knoxville, TN

#38 Oct 30, 2010
zayza21 wrote:
<quoted text>
Officer Maxwell has finally been fired!! Hope he doesn't land another taxpayer-funded job!
I know that maxwell is suing the county for retaliation and privately suing marissa bostick avery for wrongfull termination. I hear that he stood up to marissa bostick avery and frankie byrne for them doing things at animal control that are going to land marissa and frankie in jail. sounds like more slander from the knox county animal control admin.... I would like to know when marissa will be found out as the cheat that she is and frankie byrne isn't far behind her. I would say that they should be getting the EEOC papers soon! the county did maxwell wrong and fired him with no cause,,,,from what I know, he was the best officer they had and will ever have!!
It is what it is

Knoxville, TN

#39 Nov 1, 2010
Does anyone else know officer maxwell with knox county? he responded to calls without being rude or lacking knowledge of the laws. it would be a shame if knox county got rid of an officer like him. this marissa lady and frankie, they have been easy to see what they are about due to being at the city county building all the time. officer maxwell and another ranking officer at the county were talking on the phone at the road and i over heard him tell the lieutenant that he was being harassed by marissa and frankie and that he needed his help. if your posts are true, then i know that the county is needing to be restructured without the people that would not help this young officer who went above what i wanted him to do and secured the animals around my area. OFFICER MAXWELL, IF YOU ARE READING THIS, YOU DID YOUR JOB WHERE THEY DID NOT!! I HOPE YOU DO SUE THE COUNTY AND THAT YOU GET TO WALK THESE TWO PEOPLE WHOM DIDI NOTHING TO HELP YOU OUT THE DOOR!! GOOD LUCK!!!!! anyone else want to stand up for this young man who has been done wrong by the county?
county resident

Franklin, TN

#40 Dec 31, 2010
the useless director dave head isn't the only
one that caused the county millions in the Lowe
suite.the first officer to respond to the situtation is as much to blame if not more than
the director.but for some odd reason she got to
keep her job.(officer byrne)that should make the
public feel real safe in the future knowing someone
like that is still working there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knox County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
couple featured on WATE? 12 hr orsonwells 1
News Democrats Tussle In Knox County (Nov '16) Jul '17 galler 4
News Rutledge Police looking for career criminal (May '13) Jul '17 Advents 47
News Knox Co. Sheriff approved for ICE partnership; ... Jun '17 Donald Trump The ... 2
looking for you 😢 (Dec '16) Jun '17 Friend 2
News State auditors question payments to Knox County... (Oct '07) Jun '17 J witt 38
News Owners of Knoxville Tire Shop ArrestedFriday, M... Jun '17 South Knox Hombre 7
More from around the web