Rudeness of whoever answer the phone at Knox County Animal Control?

Posted in the Knox County Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 61 Comments Last updated Jan 1, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Citizen of Knox County

Lenoir City, TN

#1 Jul 8, 2006
I tried calling Knox County Animal Control yesterday. I believe I woke "officer" Cole from his nap. He was grumper and ruder than an old bear.
Since we the taxpayers and citzens of Knox County hire them, where do they get off with being so rude to us? Do they answer to anybody, or just do whatever they please?
I hope the state shakes Knox County up good, tring to get them to do anything is like pulling teeth. I am embrassed to live in Knox County.
Observer

Lenoir City, TN

#2 Jul 8, 2006
If they answered calls, they might have to do some work. Knox County is famous for having lazy people in these jobs, they like it until they have to actually do something.
Greeneville -Tn

Jericho, NY

#3 Dec 10, 2006
The one in Greeneville/Greene County is the same way. Rude and hateful.
Victim

Nolensville, TN

#4 May 21, 2007
Watch out for their animal control officers. I had a real ordeal that involved the police and an out of control animal control officer who must have thought she was a policeman. We ended up in court and I lost $700!!!! She ha a private chat w/DA before we went before judge then came out an told a huge lie that I coul do nothing about.
bill ledbetter

Nashville, TN

#5 May 24, 2007
After my neighborhood watch president reported a disturbing barking dog on my behalf,on the following day seeing a animal control truck cruizing my area.I stepped out to direct the officer to the residence,where the disturbance was originating from,She immeditaly pulled her vehical away as I approched her.
Who do these people think they are?She pulled down the street,far enough to get out of my reach.Rude,is the word,and we pay their salaries.They have gotten away with with this rudeness fo so long ,that it`s a way of everyday treatment to the public.
A good housecleaning should be in order for these people.
Officer Cole

AOL

#6 May 30, 2007
I was just wondering if the nice person that thought I was so rude would be happy to call back with the complaint or were they an individual that was not going to give their name and by the way The complaint, you failed to state all the information ie could/did we help you or was it a service that was impossible to reach

ACO Cole
Attorney

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Jun 21, 2007
If anyone here would like to sue Officer Cole please don't hesitate to contact an attorney. They will be happy to file a harrasment lawsuit for you. Animal Control is not required to ask your name or phone number to act on any complaints, and they are certanly no required to be rude neither on the phone or online. Feel free to forward his response on this board to his superiors and to the newspapers. That should be enough to get him/her fired on the spot.
Citizen2

Knoxville, TN

#8 Jun 28, 2007
Itís nice to see the attorneys reply but obviously does not know Knox County government. The laziness and rudeness runs wildly through out the entire government. I have witnessed at the City/County building workers reading books, talking on the phone, watching TV and they get aggravated at you for disturbing them.
Knox County Tax-payer

Miami, FL

#9 Jun 28, 2007
Citizen2 wrote:
Itís nice to see the attorneys reply but obviously does not know Knox County government. The laziness and rudeness runs wildly through out the entire government. I have witnessed at the City/County building workers reading books, talking on the phone, watching TV and they get aggravated at you for disturbing them.
I can see where it would be hard for anyone else to see how poorly our government is run. It's like they make the rules up as they go along.
breeze

United States

#10 Jul 24, 2007
I called animal control for a feral cat, was told I would have to bring it in myself, they were too busy to pick up. As with most government officials, they forget who pays their salaries and think they do not have to be helpful or even polite to the public. It starts at the top.
M L B

Maryville, TN

#11 Jul 26, 2007
breeze wrote:
I called animal control for a feral cat, was told I would have to bring it in myself, they were too busy to pick up. As with most government officials, they forget who pays their salaries and think they do not have to be helpful or even polite to the public. It starts at the top.
It does start at the top and the citizens and the animals pay while our tax dollars are wasted on trips and expensive liquor and meals for them.
tax payer

AOL

#12 Aug 4, 2007
Everyone pays taxes, including the officers that work for knox county animal control. they pay there salaries just as much as we do. I have had to call animal control to my house they were very courteous, and very helpful with my situation.All of the posts i have read are all about the people, there are not any about the animals and they are really the ones thats having to suffer because of the people.no one is thinking of them but those officers. And if the public doesn't hear what they want to then they complain about the county. everyone has rules they have to follows,and if the animal needs help leaving your name should not even be an issue. the bottom line is no one takes into the consideration the risk that come with that job or the low pay. Not to mention I have seen how rude the people are to those officers.
Just another citizen

Nolensville, TN

#13 Sep 18, 2007
I have spoken myself to the Knox Co Animal control office. Knox Co Animal Control does NOT take annyonomus complaints according to them. First I was told to speak to the people owning the barking dog myself. This is not a option, due to reputation they have within the community regarding retribution, when this was told to animal control officer, I was assured that "people are nice and say ..If only I had known" (I guess they themselves must be selectivly deaf) Well, these people "know" because others in community have complained,it stops for a few days, then starts again. When complaining about barking dogs during the night and what can be done about it, I was told nothing. There are no nightime officers and as I was told, they (animal control) must hear the barking themselves for 10 minutes, audio recordings, etc were not valid. Knox Co has a unique setup regarding noise with animals, the Law Enforcement refers you to Animal Control and animal control doesn't man its office to deal with these issues at night. I thought there was something called "hours of peace" where no loud music, construction, animal noise etc was allowed. What a shame,the person who must endure all this is my mother who is disabled and has the barking dog issue with her neighbor, she must sleep with earplugs. I guess that is humerous and may be the icon of the daily joke with animal control..you know...how many earplugs does it take to drown out a large barking dog on a clear night?
attorneytobe

Hollywood, FL

#14 Oct 5, 2007
Just another citizen, I sympathize with you and your poor disable mother. I am including a link that may help you. You might want to join this group they have a lot of good advice. http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/barkingd...

One of the things discussed at Knox County One Question was What's The purpose of Knox County Animal Control? Although KCAC will not accept videos or audio as proof when they can't or won't answer complaints a attorney will. Just be sure to have time and dates on your videos.

The reason Knox County is in the trouble we are in now is not following law or our county charter. As we have seen in the last week, sometimes they have to be taken to court just to show them they are elected and not above the law.
kathy

Atlanta, GA

#15 May 13, 2008
how do I find information on a dog picked up from my home? need to know it condition, since it a stray that bite me. any suggestion?
Kim

United States

#16 May 18, 2008
kathy wrote:
how do I find information on a dog picked up from my home? need to know it condition, since it a stray that bite me. any suggestion?
I would call whatever agency that pickup the dog. Good luck to you!
sam

Clifton Park, NY

#17 Nov 6, 2009
Try call Animal control 311 they may can help with calls www.animalcontrol311.webs.com
Tim

Knoxville, TN

#18 Feb 9, 2010
Officer Maxwell is just as bad.
Becca

Hermitage, TN

#19 Feb 18, 2010
Tim wrote:
Officer Maxwell is just as bad.
Maybe you should elaborate? Maybe you're just mad b/c you got a ticket?
Tim

Knoxville, TN

#20 Feb 18, 2010
Becca wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should elaborate? Maybe you're just mad b/c you got a ticket?
A ticket? no

I called Animal controll about some barking dogs. He basically acted like I was a huge pain in his rear and that he had better things to do. It was no help and basically wasted my time. Then my HOA office manager spoke with him and got the same treatment. He told her I was a liar. He is lucky I don't sue him for slander. He was a pathetic excuse for a human being.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knox County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Results: Big night for the GOP in Knox County Aug 18 Zeppelin 1
Clinton officer, charged with DUI in 2009, rehired (Jul '13) Aug 10 Other Side 13
police harassment Aug 10 Kenny 2
Grand jury charges Knoxville lawyer C. Edward D... (Apr '12) Aug 8 arlene feaster 3
Plastic Surgery Jul '14 Hilltop Queen 2
Parents protest expanded school walk zone in Oa... Jul '14 ToDD DoNaldson 1
What age did you lose your virginity Jul '14 harry 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Knox County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••