Dandridge launches new branding campa...

Dandridge launches new branding campaign to lure in more visitors

There are 27 comments on the WATE-TV Knoxville story from Dec 11, 2012, titled Dandridge launches new branding campaign to lure in more visitors. In it, WATE-TV Knoxville reports that:

Graduation rates in Knox County have increased dramatically. School officials say it has been a combination of things that have spurred the improvement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WATE-TV Knoxville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WOW

Morristown, TN

#21 Dec 22, 2012
they could build a boardwalk on the lake have some big name restaurants build there have a water skiing shop para sailing place etc. but the old farts would probably vote that down too god forbid we have something interesting and fun to do here, and it would be nice to have a real downtown with shops and real restaurants i guess no one has ever seen a real downtown area
dont shop local

Morristown, TN

#22 Dec 26, 2012
This is really bad. They paid how much for this and it took them a year to do it??? It always surprises me that people who are wanting us to shop at their local little shops that don't carry anything worth buying and are way overpriced, will easily spend thousands and thousands of dollars outside of the county on something like this that is so poorly done. I will make it an effort to stay away from Dandridge just for their stupidity.
Not

Morristown, TN

#24 Dec 29, 2012
The local shop owners had nothing to do with this.
Yes

Morristown, TN

#27 Dec 30, 2012
If they have so much money to spend outside of the county, I will do my shopping elsewhere too. There is no reason why this money could not have been kept here at home. I guarantee you someone making the decision knew someone that worked at this place. 60 grand could have been much better used right here in Dandridge or at least in Jefferson County. What a waste! Your telling me that nobody in the county could have come up with that?

“These are not sweet cheeks”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#28 Dec 30, 2012
Yes wrote:
If they have so much money to spend outside of the county, I will do my shopping elsewhere too. There is no reason why this money could not have been kept here at home. I guarantee you someone making the decision knew someone that worked at this place. 60 grand could have been much better used right here in Dandridge or at least in Jefferson County. What a waste! Your telling me that nobody in the county could have come up with that?
Well, "Eat-sleep-stay" was taken and "What happens in Dandridge, stays in Dandridge" might've raised an eyebrow or two. Should've made the slogan thingy a contest that included the children in schools.They say the derndest things and usually have original ideas. Don't give up on Dandridge. Keep spending your hard earned bucks here. We appreciate it.
dont shop local

Morristown, TN

#29 Dec 30, 2012
Nah, if they don't think its important to spend money locally, I won't either. Dandridge just made another ignorant decision. They must be getting their spending advice from the chamber of commerce. I'll waste my money out of the county like they do.
YUCK

Morristown, TN

#30 Jan 5, 2013
Yucky! Really yucky!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knox County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Democrats Tussle In Knox County (Nov '16) Jul 15 galler 4
News Rutledge Police looking for career criminal (May '13) Jul 15 Advents 47
News Knox Co. Sheriff approved for ICE partnership; ... Jun 30 Donald Trump The ... 2
looking for you 😢 (Dec '16) Jun '17 Friend 2
News State auditors question payments to Knox County... (Oct '07) Jun '17 J witt 38
News Owners of Knoxville Tire Shop ArrestedFriday, M... Jun '17 South Knox Hombre 7
News Knox Co. Sheriff defends proposed ICE partnersh... May '17 South Knox Hombre 4
More from around the web