Knox man gets 40 years for selling cocaine

Sep 6, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TheTimesTribune.com

By Samantha Swindler / Managing Editor A 21-year-old man found guilty of drug trafficking received the maximum 40-year recommended sentence from a Knox County jury this week.

Comments
1 - 20 of 65 Comments Last updated Aug 7, 2010
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
asldkfj

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2008

Judged:

Free Coty Spenceeeeeeeeee..They cant hold ya forever!
74 bravo

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2008

I know coty well... and he can hold his own. I'm just worried he'll catch another charge.
TRUTH

Crestwood, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2008

Judged:

We all know Charlie green is a racist prick and congress said them selves that the reson crack cocain charges are so harsh is because it mainly targets Blacks I bet if a white person got caught they would give him a $100 dollars huh Ryan Foley to rat somebody out what happened to the justice system I say boycott Charlie green and get somebody who will be fair and not a racist because his computer got jaked and leaked info of his little hoes.
Justice for all

Crestwood, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2008

If I can remember right Ben Strong got busted for selling and for doing cocaine so many times that Cody would be consider a saint but he didn't get 40yrs. I'm not knocking Ben because I haven't herd about him in awhile so I guess that means people can change so I guess my point is if you black in a racist town your gonna suffer. You don't even get 40 years for killing someone with a gun, with a vehicle while under the influence. I mean someone needs to call the NAACP and come fix this problem this 21 yr old kid doesn't need to be the example I'm not saying what he did is right but people just hope your child doesn't make this mistake because the sentencing is edged in stone and I bet there gonna have to punish these little rich punks to the same time and I think all these oxy sellers should get 40yrs as well there's no difference in crack and oxy's look at that peace kid he robbed his father, his fathers hair shop, and a drug store a least cody wasn't robbing people but the difference is that the peace kid was willing to tell on other people so he could continue his string of crime and drug abuse which unite supports by paying him and ryn foley a $100 dollars I hope that those jury members and charlie green along with the judge sleep well at night.
bitme

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2008

Judged:

There is no justice for all Charlie Green wouldn't procute brandon Bingham for murdering Carl Burnett the case never went to trial. and Brandon Bingham never spent one night in jail for Murder. Carl was Murder on His own property.Yes that Your Knox COunty Justice. Danny Evvans is a dirty bastard.He lied to this family one lie right after another. What went with that great detctive Ky fuston.Two weeks after this case was cover up. Ky was shipped out of knox county.And I was told that ky isn't allowed in kNox county anymore.
Jerry

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2008

Hooray, i'm glad he's off the streets. Hopefully they will keep him forever.
Good Friends

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2008

Look, I was in jail with coty in '06 and he'll be alright. He can hold his own, but I wouldn't be suprised if within the first few years he catches another charge for assulting a guard or some other trumped up charge! And don't speak too quick about 'Ben Strong', he's in jail and has been for a while. I was also in jail with him in '07 and he had a good little piece of time left. So, just because you don't hear from somebody for a while dosen't mean there doing good or bad. I will agree with the fact that Ben got away with alot more crime than Coty did. Alot of that is not only because he's white, but it was who his daddy is. Jerry took all he could take and finnaly pulled the plug and Ben went away. Maybe we should get the NAACP down here, or better even...Brian Williams from Dateline NBC!!! The world may have been exposed to the underbelly of society with the internet, but that's nothing compared to an MSNBC documentary on how backward and racist our government and policing offices have gotten around here.

-And that's all I got to say about that.
- Forest Gump
deportivo

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2008

he tried to challenge the charges and failed. If he'd plea bargained he'd gotten off much better. relax, he'll be out in 5-10 anyway.
420 smoker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2008

coty was a punk somtimes but that was bullsht what Ryan Foley did.

Since: Sep 08

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2008

i cant wait to see ryan foley

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2008

Ben Strong has spent some time in jail. I haven't heard much from him lately, so maybe he's back in. It's both cheaper for his dad and he knows he's safer in jail than out.
delilia

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2008

Why dont you get a clue "Justice for all?" If you're going to comment on certain individuals, at least get your facts straight. Perhaps you should take you a trip up to the courthouse and look at the public files before you speak. Then maybe you'd notice that you haven't heard about Ben because he's been in jail for over a year.....NOT due to cocaine charges by the way. You'd also quit crying "racist" stuff b/c you'd see that anyone that has done these crimes gets the same punishment as they deserve. The only difference is that when a white person gets caught we don't blame it on race or sex.
Justice for all wrote:
If I can remember right Ben Strong got busted for selling and for doing cocaine so many times that Cody would be consider a saint but he didn't get 40yrs. I'm not knocking Ben because I haven't herd about him in awhile so I guess that means people can change so I guess my point is if you black in a racist town your gonna suffer. You don't even get 40 years for killing someone with a gun, with a vehicle while under the influence. I mean someone needs to call the NAACP and come fix this problem this 21 yr old kid doesn't need to be the example I'm not saying what he did is right but people just hope your child doesn't make this mistake because the sentencing is edged in stone and I bet there gonna have to punish these little rich punks to the same time and I think all these oxy sellers should get 40yrs as well there's no difference in crack and oxy's look at that peace kid he robbed his father, his fathers hair shop, and a drug store a least cody wasn't robbing people but the difference is that the peace kid was willing to tell on other people so he could continue his string of crime and drug abuse which unite supports by paying him and ryn foley a $100 dollars I hope that those jury members and charlie green along with the judge sleep well at night.
deportivo

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2008

Ben was stealing, lying and cheating and it caught up with him. But drugs were the cause of it. Jerry gave him no guidance when he was growing up. the kid could be on top of the world right now.
princess

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2008

are you kidding ben had all the chances in the world not his fathers falt him and his sister turned out the way they did
wondering

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2008

Whose his sister? Jennifer Strong?
princess wrote:
are you kidding ben had all the chances in the world not his fathers falt him and his sister turned out the way they did
unreal

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2008

OH I didn't realize that you knew his dad so well as to know all about his parenting skills. He seems to have raised lots of other kids if I remember correctly and most of them turned out just fine. PERHAPS Ben's problem started when he was a kid and our town junkies started giving him cocaine to snort up his nose at the age of 14. Apparently you are too big of an idiot to realize that a drug addict affects an entire family and I don't think it's fair for you to put blame on any certain person unless you know all the facts. However, since you seem to be parent of the year, why dont you give us all some tips???
princess wrote:
know it

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2008

Ben Strong is still in jail, he goes up for parole again this month ..... this will be his third time trying to get parole....
just me

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2008

TRUTH wrote:
We all know Charlie green is a racist prick and congress said them selves that the reson crack cocain charges are so harsh is because it mainly targets Blacks I bet if a white person got caught they would give him a $100 dollars huh Ryan Foley to rat somebody out what happened to the justice system I say boycott Charlie green and get somebody who will be fair and not a racist because his computer got jaked and leaked info of his little hoes.
LOL an "OPEN" coke dealer gets busted, so of course, lets throw the race card lol never fails

Topeka, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2008

wondering wrote:
Whose his sister? Jennifer Strong?
<quoted text>
Yes, Jennifer is his sister, but she's all right . She lives in Lexington. The one we are talking about is the oldest, Shawna.

Topeka, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2008

unreal wrote:
OH I didn't realize that you knew his dad so well as to know all about his parenting skills. He seems to have raised lots of other kids if I remember correctly and most of them turned out just fine. PERHAPS Ben's problem started when he was a kid and our town junkies started giving him cocaine to snort up his nose at the age of 14. Apparently you are too big of an idiot to realize that a drug addict affects an entire family and I don't think it's fair for you to put blame on any certain person unless you know all the facts. However, since you seem to be parent of the year, why dont you give us all some tips???
<quoted text>
He made a very nice living so that his three kids would have a nice house, good clothes, and plenty of toys, but he wasn't what you would call a pleasant, loving father. Not abusive, just indifferent. He assumed they would make good grades, assumed they would do their homework, assumed they would go to college, assumed they would become productive adults. I don't think he gave them an idea how to do those things and the consequnces if those things didn't get done. Oh, he'd yell at them. Him and Shawna would have knock-down-drag-outs. To be fair, he would take Ben golfing, but most of the time Ben hung-out with Shawna. And Shawna's abrasive personality was not the stuff that would keep good kids in her circle of friends. Jerry never seemed to care, or showed it in a different way. I never could figure him out.
Jennifer and her mother got out when they could, but Ben and Shawna could never see beyond the next five minutes. Bennie and Jennifer were close, unfortunately for Ben and Shawna, they weren't close to anybody. I doubt that has changed. It's sad. I've tried to learn what not to do from Jerry. My little boy and I real close. and we'll always be that way.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Knox County Discussions

Search the Knox County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
stinking creek (Dec '10) Jul 1 former creeker 4
need to no Jun '14 hi johnny 1
is there school in knox co tomorrow? (May '10) May '14 wonder woman 3
sylvia narc garland (Dec '13) Apr '14 Sylvia 6
Daniel Hatter (Dec '13) Apr '14 Curious 4
Barbourville man arrested on drug charges; seve... Apr '14 Nosey 4
Eleven Arrested In Drug Round-Up, More Arrests ... (Aug '08) Mar '14 Friend 70
•••
•••