Sheriffa s arrests led to no drug cas...

Sheriffa s arrests led to no drug cases in a 09

There are 36 comments on the TheTimesTribune.com story from Jan 25, 2010, titled Sheriffa s arrests led to no drug cases in a 09. In it, TheTimesTribune.com reports that:

"The problem is we've had no drug cases presented in 2009. I know they have made drug arrests.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TheTimesTribune.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Double OG

Winchester, KY

#21 Jan 29, 2010
I think he was being sarcastic...at least I hope so...sure not really that stupid?
honestly

Gorham, IL

#22 Jan 31, 2010
this small town is full of drugs and crime! common sense says that yes it was a probably an inside job but just like some drug dealers the economy is so bad that just may be a way for the dealers to make a living and no in no way do I deal but what I dont get I see people in court go to jail six months some times for one pill and the same day people making meth get off scott free (seemingly) drug court and the sad thing is I had a family member whom did or dosent sell pills but she did three pills to buy gas to take her two year old daughter to lexinton to a specalist and a dope head no matter where or from whom will get their fix she has at this time been incarerated for almost 3 months and cops, judges, lawyers all are drinking and doing the same thing but so quick to judge maybe not all but a great majority of them my solution to the problem if this or any town wants to get rid of the drug problem open the pharmacys up let peop;e go and buy all they want and the real dope heads would kill them selves off elminating the problem sheriff's got the stolen things which probably wont be found but hes an old man who probably has paid to get him a little from some of the towns dope hoars as do alot of other men I say let the sheriff stay in and dont judge him when most of the community and ones surrounding are doing the same some are just hiding it better than others
Easy Answer

Madisonville, KY

#23 Jan 31, 2010
Honestly,

1. We have no need for a county sheriff or city police. The state police could handle any issue more professionally. IMO hiring a few more well trained state troopers and administering law enforcement from a non-elected social service type office would serve the people much better.

The poor quality of employees constituting local law enforcement agencies in small communities is laughable. A good number of these untrained, unqualified cops do more harm than good. Many are actually not only uneducated, they are ignorant bullies.

It is truly amazing that we allow some of these guys to carry guns and represent the law. They are more feared more than most criminals.

Law enforcement is an extremely important function. Officers should be required to hold college degrees in law enforcement and to have graduated from the state police academy. THEY SHOULD ALSO BE PAID ACCORDINGLY.

2. The county sheriff should not be responsible for property taxes. How are accounting and law enforcement related? How can we actually expect a LAWMAN to be adept at ACCOUNTING?

The person responsible for tax administration/collection should be required to hold a BS in accounting and an MBA.

3. Legalization of drugs would greatly benefit our society. Think about it? The profit would go away. When the profit leaves, the criminals will leave. Yes, some addicts would die, but most are going to anyway.

Illegalization has not worked. Drugs are easily available every where. The huge proffit margins make drug dealing attractive to criminals.

Honestly,

Imagine the money our country would save in law enforcement, the court systems and correctional systems by implementing these three rather simple ideas.
Wow

Mayfield, KY

#24 Jan 31, 2010
Easy Answer wrote:
Honestly,
1. We have no need for a county sheriff or city police. The state police could handle any issue more professionally. IMO hiring a few more well trained state troopers and administering law enforcement from a non-elected social service type office would serve the people much better.
The poor quality of employees constituting local law enforcement agencies in small communities is laughable. A good number of these untrained, unqualified cops do more harm than good. Many are actually not only uneducated, they are ignorant bullies.
It is truly amazing that we allow some of these guys to carry guns and represent the law. They are more feared more than most criminals.
Law enforcement is an extremely important function. Officers should be required to hold college degrees in law enforcement and to have graduated from the state police academy. THEY SHOULD ALSO BE PAID ACCORDINGLY.
2. The county sheriff should not be responsible for property taxes. How are accounting and law enforcement related? How can we actually expect a LAWMAN to be adept at ACCOUNTING?
The person responsible for tax administration/collection should be required to hold a BS in accounting and an MBA.
3. Legalization of drugs would greatly benefit our society. Think about it? The profit would go away. When the profit leaves, the criminals will leave. Yes, some addicts would die, but most are going to anyway.
Illegalization has not worked. Drugs are easily available every where. The huge proffit margins make drug dealing attractive to criminals.
Honestly,
Imagine the money our country would save in law enforcement, the court systems and correctional systems by implementing these three rather simple ideas.
Everything you said sure is an easy answer, because there could not have been much thought put into it.
Easy Answer

Madisonville, KY

#25 Jan 31, 2010
Wow, Do you have any better ideas? The current management of these issues certainly does not work?
Wow

Mayfield, KY

#26 Jan 31, 2010
Easy Answer wrote:
Wow, Do you have any better ideas? The current management of these issues certainly does not work?
First off, the Constitution, state and federal laws exist for a reason and in those law mandates the need and responsibilities for a sheriff in each jurisdiction. The same applies for state police, city police, or whatever else. Each have different responsibilities, one of which for the sheriff is the collection of taxes. You try to state that neither should there be a sheriff nor should the sheriff take care of taxes, and again it sounds easy, but it is also without consideration of 200+ years of law. But your argument that drugs should be legal is simply ridiculous - not because they shouldn't be if people knew how to use the drugs wisely, but because most people are so ignorant or have such little will power that if drugs were legal they would surely hurt themselves or others. Its basically the same reasoning that applies when you keep guns away from children - sometimes you have to enact control because the people cannot control themselves. So the real easy answer is simply that there is no solution, because in this situation you cannot fix anything you mention without having a devastating side effect.

So again, everything you said sounds fine and dandy if life was a coloring book and we could simply scribble out something new, but in the real world it would never work. I know you wanted to come across as intelligible and thoughtful, but being either actually requires thought and knowledge of what you are talking about. It is apparent that you don't much about law, which is fine because most people don't, so you need to research law first before trying to solve a law related issue.
come on now

Spartanburg, SC

#27 Feb 1, 2010
Tell you the bast thing is to lock up AL them drug dealers then according to all you dumb shits we would need no law..Oh wait he Wilson murder and all those home invasions they would stop because you locked up all the drug dealers righ..And then no cops because a large % is druggies and Lawyers yep druggies
Xment

Winchester, KY

#28 Feb 1, 2010
Actually decriminalization of drugs is a great idea. Eliminates drug dealers and drug crimes.

Wow...look at the crime rate in Amsterdam and tell me decriminalization doesn't work.
come on now

Spartanburg, SC

#29 Feb 1, 2010
I agree 100%
ms_ b-havin

United States

#30 Feb 1, 2010
no drug convictions = a vote for Hodge
I wonder, what % of voters in Whitley Co. are on pills or selling them, or breaking the law in some other way. [email protected] OF ALOT. jmo
blablabla

Mayfield, KY

#31 Feb 1, 2010
ms_ b-havin wrote:
no drug convictions = a vote for Hodge
I wonder, what % of voters in Whitley Co. are on pills or selling them, or breaking the law in some other way. [email protected] OF ALOT. jmo
Most are convicted felons that can't vote too! So just how many votes is he gonna get???????
Wow

Mayfield, KY

#32 Feb 1, 2010
Xment wrote:
Actually decriminalization of drugs is a great idea. Eliminates drug dealers and drug crimes.
Wow...look at the crime rate in Amsterdam and tell me decriminalization doesn't work.
Perhaps you can share a link that has Amsterdam's crime rate so I can look at it.
come on now

Spartanburg, SC

#33 Feb 1, 2010
The drug related crime rate is almost nonexistent but the other crime rate is very
Add in

Winchester, KY

#34 Feb 2, 2010
183 murders in the Netherlands last year. 12658 in U.S.

44,000 assaults in Netherlands 2,238,480 in the U.S.

23,000 rapes or .1 per 1000 people in Netherlands. 89,110 in U.S. Or .3 per 1,000 people.

U.S. Is first in all three categories per capita. Something isn't working.
money talks

Gorham, IL

#35 Feb 2, 2010
Double OG wrote:
Give him the benefit of the doubt? Are you serious? In this town where meth and OC runs rampant and that corrupt coward doesn't have a single indictment? You are a f*cking idiot.
I can't believe he is running for reelection.
you know this bunch is on the take when a bootleger and a pill pusher can operate wide open with in a mile of a deputy's home.
stroker

Dyer, TN

#36 Feb 2, 2010
you don't think the maryjane being sold at county
garage could be some missing evidence?
coincidence? i think not

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knox County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Knox county teacher arrested Feb 26 Panthers 1
Handsome blonde in Jeep Feb 25 White 4 runner 1
News Corbin woman charged with murder - Feb 25 JAMES ROBERTS 3
News B'ville man found dead in jail cell (Aug '10) Feb '17 Kodak 67
Bell county Sherriff Feb '17 Taxpayer 2
Drugs Feb '17 littleman or redd 2
Kayjay Music Thread Jan '17 Musikologist 1
More from around the web