Randy Thompson
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
madhatter

Palatine, IL

#1 Feb 5, 2009
The recent event in the prestonberg court has me floored, Randy has always been a people pleaser. Sure he has done what all they all do, but they have doing the voting system that way as far back as I can remember. But what this man has done for Knott county, has been more than most would have done while in the same office. If they are trying to change the system now, they should at least probate he case. Personally I think Randy and His family are good outstanding people.

Since: Feb 09

Palatine, IL

#2 Feb 5, 2009
The recent event in the prestonberg court has me floored, Randy has always been a people pleaser. Sure he has done what all they all do, but they have been doing the voting system that way as far back as I can remember. But what this man has done for Knott county, has been more than most would have done while in the same office. If they are trying to change the system now, they should at least probate he case. Personally I think Randy and His family are good outstanding people.

sorry omitted a word ,.. hehe
stuned and amazed

United States

#3 Feb 7, 2009
I agree. I think the only thing Randy Thompson did wrong was to win an election. It is pretty obvious that this is a politically motivated revenge thing. It is sad when people find that their vote counts for nothing and they are not allowed to keep the people in office that they elected. The election reform act was never intended to be used in this manner.
On Kentucky

AOL

#4 Feb 12, 2009
It is sorta funny that our senators can go without paying income tax and get by with it but you can't buy a vote. Does that seem normal?
kam

United States

#5 Feb 18, 2009
i think this is a horrible thing that has happened to knott county.. randy thompson has been the only judge to get things done for knott county... we can see major improvements to our county because of randy thompson... i
disappointed

Chesterfield, MO

#6 Mar 6, 2009
I think this is a horrible thing that the so called justice system is tryig to do to Randy because I remember as a child votes were bought with moonshine. What a cheep buy you say. The children had to see their dad come home drunk because someone bought his vote.You say blacktop cost a lot ask a child what that moonshine vote buy cost. So trashy loosers get off and set down and leave a good man alone. This has gone on for more years than we know.
stuned and amazed

United States

#7 Mar 12, 2009
I think you are right. This entire thing has been brought about by sore losers. It is really to bad that the people of Knott County are not allowed to keep the people that they vote into office. What is the use in having elections if this is allowed to continue?
disappointed wrote:
I think this is a horrible thing that the so called justice system is tryig to do to Randy because I remember as a child votes were bought with moonshine. What a cheep buy you say. The children had to see their dad come home drunk because someone bought his vote.You say blacktop cost a lot ask a child what that moonshine vote buy cost. So trashy loosers get off and set down and leave a good man alone. This has gone on for more years than we know.
Jim

United States

#8 Jun 12, 2009
You People are Sad, Dont do the CRIME if Ya Cant do the TIME!!

Since: Jun 09

Phelps, KY

#9 Jun 17, 2009
He is no better than Donnie newsome and deserves his ass put in jail too. Just because this is how it has always been done in Knott county doesnt make it right. But it seems people around here dont care about right and wrong as long as they can get favors from people. Shame on you all!!!!
lol

United States

#10 Jun 25, 2009
amber18 wrote:
He is no better than Donnie newsome and deserves his ass put in jail too. Just because this is how it has always been done in Knott county doesnt make it right. But it seems people around here dont care about right and wrong as long as they can get favors from people. Shame on you all!!!!
I agree 100%. Knott county is out of funds. They have to lay some county workers off because the money is going in someones pocket.
I hope they put all of the crooked SOB's in jail.
frustrated

United States

#12 Jul 23, 2009
first and foremost he needs to get the CITY WATER issue resolved for once an all... I'm tired of having no water just unexpectedly!!!
concerned person

East Bernstadt, KY

#13 Mar 16, 2010
It is a shame that Perkins Madden road on the side of Hindman doesn't have city water. Where are you county officials at?
Johnny Martin

Nashville, TN

#14 Apr 25, 2010
I wouldn't vote for Randy Thompson if he was the last person on earth.
Miller

Georgetown, KY

#15 May 10, 2010
You all are lucky to have someone like Randy Thompson as judge. Your county has someone that cares and is working to improve conditions, by increasing tourism and providing activities that bring your little towns into the view of others across the country. Change takes time... but he is getting it done. You will miss him if you vote him out... but if you do, I hope he moves to my county!
sugar

Clarksville, TN

#16 May 21, 2010
madhatter wrote:
The recent event in the prestonberg court has me floored, Randy has always been a people pleaser. Sure he has done what all they all do, but they have doing the voting system that way as far back as I can remember. But what this man has done for Knott county, has been more than most would have done while in the same office. If they are trying to change the system now, they should at least probate he case. Personally I think Randy and His family are good outstanding people.
randy thompson is a man who is trying to make a name for himself . he needs to leave knott co alone. people dont want knott co. to change thats why knott co is special it still has the old time way about it . it is beautiful but when we start putting the Mcdonalds and resturants and hotels on our mountains then we have taken away what people come to see, if people wanted to see the city they would stay in the city why try to put the city on the mountains to sell a hamburger for a dollar randy you need to back off and go to jail to pay your debt for selling votes and leave knott county alone
sugar

Clarksville, TN

#17 May 21, 2010
hey randy wont run water lines for the poor people of knott co but he will run a sewer line four miles through peoples yards so he can put mcdonalds on the mountain hey randy of you want to do something to help the people out then get out of Knott co, and leave us alone
Why

Kimper, KY

#18 Jun 2, 2010
Why is Randy not in jail? There must be a reason but I don't understand how Donnie Newsome had to go to jail and this Judge convicted and go on back to work as if nothing had happened. It's been how long since convicted? Donnie didn't get to hang on that long before going to jail did he?
Well

United States

#19 Aug 21, 2010
I don't see anything wrong with a McDonald's and at least one hotel. Geez, people need a place to stay when they visit.
Randy

Chesterfield, MO

#20 Sep 21, 2010
What is going on with him and prestonsburg court?
sugar

Clarksville, TN

#21 Sep 30, 2010
i thought if you commit a felony you cant run for goverment office . why isnt this man in jail like the others instead he is still in office .and running for another office also . duh whats wrong with the law people

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knott County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Britt at the Jamestown store???? Jun '16 Bhajaahahah 1
Girls working at Jamestown store Jun '16 Curios 1
Billy dobson (Feb '09) May '16 Srappy 3
Ritchie Music Thread May '16 Musikologist 1
News 28 years later, no one will say what happened t... (Jan '10) May '16 Heather 55
News Wife searching for missing husband (Feb '11) Apr '16 Pray 24
Knott County Music Thread (Aug '13) Apr '16 Musikologist 9
More from around the web