VA Trooper Killed in Traffic Crash

Virginia State Police are investigating a traffic crash in King George County that killed a state trooper and injured two others. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
crashcash

Stuarts Draft, VA

#1 Jun 25, 2011
that's sad.our prayers are with the family
local

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Jun 25, 2011
sad to hear, and i guess channel 19 are the ones notifying the family - they have his name and photo...
Hmmm

Fort Lee, VA

#3 Jun 25, 2011
local wrote:
sad to hear, and i guess channel 19 are the ones notifying the family - they have his name and photo...
His family has already been notified. Channel 29 just hasn't updated yet.
hhh

Aylett, VA

#4 Jun 25, 2011
RIP
Eville

Mineral, VA

#5 Jun 25, 2011
You have to be doing well over 100mph for a car to split in half!
Vic

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Jun 25, 2011
RIP trooper. Investigation will show if he had proper lights and sirens to warn others.

A few weeks ago I saw an Albemarle County police car on HWY29 well over 100 MPH using no lights and sirens. Rain had just started to fall and he was passing a truck at that speed. He was catching up to a speeder, about 3 miles up the road he had apprehended a Subaru. That officer is lucky to be alive, he was definitely determined to be first at the scene of the crash.
Connie Small

Keswick, VA

#7 Jun 25, 2011
This is awful to hear about. I send my prayers to the family of Trooper Bowmen and his family and his coworkers as they deal with such loss. God bless him for his service as a trooper and many thanks for all he has done in his work to keep the roads safe and the help he provided all of those he came in contact with.

God Bless Him and God Bless all our Troopers that are out there now putting their lives on the line for us and those who did this in the past. I don't know what makes them want to do this work but I am so thankful they do. But it is hard to have one harmed or killed in action while trying to protect us. We honor you Trooper Bowmen. God Bless you and your family.
jonas pepper

United States

#8 Jun 25, 2011
Vic wrote:
RIP trooper. Investigation will show if he had proper lights and sirens to warn others.
A few weeks ago I saw an Albemarle County police car on HWY29 well over 100 MPH using no lights and sirens. Rain had just started to fall and he was passing a truck at that speed. He was catching up to a speeder, about 3 miles up the road he had apprehended a Subaru. That officer is lucky to be alive, he was definitely determined to be first at the scene of the crash.
Ego tripping county police. the State Police are more professional than that but why do you bring this up here and not file a complaint?
Vic

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Jun 25, 2011
jonas pepper wrote:
<quoted text>
Ego tripping county police. the State Police are more professional than that but why do you bring this up here and not file a complaint?
I bring it up here because this was a tragic loss of life that was obviously caused by speed. Not just speed, but obscenely fast speed if you look at the car. It looks like a plane crash.
Ellen

AOL

#10 Jun 25, 2011
God Bless him and all law enforcement officers. He is now up there with some of the very best. What would we do without laws and those to enforce them. Some people should really think about the terror we would live without officers protecting us. Let's give them the respect they so deserve !
wife of county officer

Lynch Station, VA

#11 Jun 25, 2011
jonas pepper wrote:
<quoted text>
Ego tripping county police. the State Police are more professional than that but why do you bring this up here and not file a complaint?
It is really sad at a time of an officers death you chose to vent "your" trash. Next time you need that ego tripping officer please do not dial 911 they may go too fast to help you.
Getchu sum

AOL

#12 Jun 25, 2011
Another Chad Carr, but Chad was only in the issued car on a rainy day,NOT ON DUTY...IS ON THE WAY TO WORK "on duty"?
These YOUNG BOYZ need to stay in line not over them.
Both lives could have been saved with more training and less zealous.
Paul

Barnesville, OH

#13 Jun 26, 2011
People lighten up. This is a great loss for his family and the State of Virginia/. We have a serious shortage of Troopers and the young Trooper's death does not help the present situation. Instead of faulting him for speeding etc. Pray for his family. Show some compassion, it won't kill you... Pablo
anon

Fort Lee, VA

#14 Jun 26, 2011
He was responding to another officer who called for assistance. From the pictures it appears he was going much too fast, but he was in a hurry to get to the other officer and it was an emergency situation. He had lights and sirens on so why was the driver of the other car in the road and not pulled over? When you see lights and hear sirens people, get out of the way! It was reported that he was wearing his seatbelt but that didn't matter in this horrific crash. Makes me ill to look at the picture. Prayers to this yound mans loved ones.
the truth

United States

#15 Jun 26, 2011
wife of county officer wrote:
<quoted text>
It is really sad at a time of an officers death you chose to vent "your" trash. Next time you need that ego tripping officer please do not dial 911 they may go too fast to help you.
i agree with u so much . its always the people that complain the most that also call the most .if law enforcement is so horrible then please dont call for anything and then they will be there to help true victims.
Eville

Shelburne Falls, MA

#16 Jun 26, 2011
Rob

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Jun 26, 2011
Pretty much all cops do is harrass taxpayers and give a little grief to the criminals with the occasional racial beatdown. They are always causing major accident in these types of needless high speed chases. They arrest the citizen filming them and then let the illegal mexicans go. They bust into the wrong peoples' houses over some marajuana. C-ville is loaded with real criminals, illegal guns, child abuse, etc., but you don't see them doing too much about it. They sit around and pull people over for going 62 in a 55 mph zone.

As for needing them, what a laugh. They're late if they ever come and they won't do anything worth a dam* when it comes to disturbing the peace issues. If my house gets robbed, I really don't need the police, and even if I wasn't prepared, they'd there after I was dead. When seconds count, the police are minutes away. It's just a fact.

These uneducated goons and thugs make way, way too much money for being overpaind metermaids. Lot's of people die everyday. What's so special about this guy that was probably the cause of his own death anyway and caused serious injury to the other party (whom I feel bad for). Why are their different standards for police murder? We're well on are way to a police state. With friends like the police, who needs enemies?
Rob

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Jun 26, 2011
Paul wrote:
People lighten up. This is a great loss for his family and the State of Virginia/. We have a serious shortage of Troopers and the young Trooper's death does not help the present situation. Instead of faulting him for speeding etc. Pray for his family. Show some compassion, it won't kill you... Pablo
Compassion won't kill you, but the police might in some needless high speed chase or busting into your house accidentally, etc.
Emergency Responder

Palmyra, VA

#19 Jun 26, 2011
anon wrote:
He had lights and sirens on so why was the driver of the other car in the road and not pulled over? When you see lights and hear sirens people, get out of the way! It was reported that he was wearing his seatbelt but that didn't matter in this horrific crash. Makes me ill to look at the picture. Prayers to this yound mans loved ones.
Because most drivers are clueless and crap themselves the momment they see an emergency vehicle behind them. I drive emergency vehicles for a living and people never cease to amaze me with when they do when we start approaching them. They dive for the ditch, speed up, try to outrun us, lock their brakes up, cut us off, come to a dead stop near the top of a hill, stop in a blind corner. Not too long ago I was driving a 50000 lbs fire truck, that doesn't stop on a dime, to a possible house fire. I was running lights and sirens. Approaching a driver from behind I know they saw me because they began to slow down to a stop in my lane. I turned my turn signal on to indicate I was going to pass and merge to the opposing lane and what do they do? Move into the lane I had just merged into with just a few truck lengths between us forcing me to quickly swerve back to the lane I was in. This is exactly when police officers and emergency responders deal with EVERY time they respond to a call. Why do you think they put those PSAs about yielding to emergency vehicles out on the radio? Now, this is NOT casting blame on the other driver in any way. These are what we deal with every day, however if he was indeed going as fast as it appears you can't expect people to react in time.
John B

Charlottesville, VA

#20 Jun 26, 2011
jonas pepper wrote:
<quoted text>
Ego tripping county police. the State Police are more professional than that but why do you bring this up here and not file a complaint?
Have fun filing a complaint against the police. You think they won't follow up on that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

King George County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing boy located and is safe (Oct '13) Oct '13 Hunter S 1
What's going on around town this weekend? The w... (Jun '13) Jul '13 guess 2
Balloon release will salute sacrifice (Dec '12) Dec '12 munum 30
Colonial Beach man arrested following shooting (Mar '12) Apr '12 SCS 4
Albemarle County to Appeal Denial of Earthquake... (Jan '12) Jan '12 heh 2
King George Internet (Oct '11) Oct '11 Curtis 1
Virginia Wilkins (Jun '11) Jun '11 Roxanne Smith 3

King George County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE