Woman Arrested For Allegedly Asking Service Dog to Leave Restaurant

Jan 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WXMI-TV Grand Rapids

The Kent County Sheriff's Department announced Friday afternoon that a former employee of Don Julio's restaurant was arrested on a charge stemming from a late 2011 incident in which a veteran's service dog was asked to leave the restaurant.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Carl

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2012

Judged:

Frank Eckl went way too far with this.
I can understand his complaint.
But he's pushed this way out of proportion.
He has succeeded in shutting down a resturaunt and put dozens of people out of work.
And now he wants people to go to jail over it.
There is such a thing as going too far.
He needs to get over it!
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

Sounds like this restaurant had quite a few more problems, other than handling this service dog incident, incorrectly.....how does a simple misdemeanor arrest, shut down this place?

Since: Nov 09

Battle Creek, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

He pushed it this far because the manager has said she would kick the dog out again if he shows up. Apparently she still doesn't understand the law and he is trying to help her understand that.
Carl

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

Judged:

tazmac01 wrote:
He pushed it this far because the manager has said she would kick the dog out again if he shows up. Apparently she still doesn't understand the law and he is trying to help her understand that.
Wrong!
All she did was ask if the dog could be moved to a different area.
Several customers had left the resturaunt, due to allergies etc. because of Mr. Eckl's insistance that the dog could run around at will in the establishment.
It's just too bad that Mr. Eckl had to take this issue to the extream, and put so many people out of work for his own twisted satisfaction.
He is one sad excuse of a vetran!

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

Judged:

Carl wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong!
Several customers had left the resturaunt, due to allergies etc. because of Mr. Eckl's insistance that the dog could run around at will in the establishment.
It's just too bad that Mr. Eckl had to take this issue to the extream, and put so many people out of work for his own twisted satisfaction.
Sorry, but you are wrong.
I order for the dog to be able to do what it's trained to do it must be in the direct presence of it's master.
The laws clearly state (read up on them) he has every right to have that dog with him at all times.
If a business refuses to participate and follow the laws written to protect and aid the handicapped they deserve to be shut down.
You are a traitor to this Country to say such a nasty thing about a Veteran, let alone one disabled serving this Country.
If you don't like the laws he fought to protect...LEAVE!!!!
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

Carl wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong!
Do you have access to more information, than is provided in the news story? In my wife's employ, she meets many with these service dogs, and the laws are pretty strict about their freedoms.....
to be announced

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

at least your wife works
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

Go Blue wrote:
Sounds like this restaurant had quite a few more problems, other than handling this service dog incident, incorrectly.....how does a simple misdemeanor arrest, shut down this place?
The place has been shut down for a couple of months already. Maybe because patrons expressed their displeasure with the handling of the situation with their feet?
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

Carl wrote:
Wrong!
According to an earlier news article, she asked that the dog remain in the lobby which means that the dog cannot fulfil the purpose for which the man had it. http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/kent_cou...
You wanna cry to someone about jobs lost? Smack that silly beyotch who didn't abide by the law and said she'd do it again if she had the chance.
OhOhObama

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

It's the public education system kicking in.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

Judged:

Well, i can only hope, we all learned an important lesson here.....lol.....
James

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but you are wrong.
I order for the dog to be able to do what it's trained to do it must be in the direct presence of it's master.
The laws clearly state (read up on them) he has every right to have that dog with him at all times.
If a business refuses to participate and follow the laws written to protect and aid the handicapped they deserve to be shut down.
You are a traitor to this Country to say such a nasty thing about a Veteran, let alone one disabled serving this Country.
Wiggley, this is perhaps a very rare occassion, but I have to agree with you on this. Well said!!!

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't fight to protect any laws in this country, he fought to for our constitutional right to cheap oil and looking at the price at the pump, he didn't do such a good job...no pancakes for him!

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't fight to protect any laws in this country, he fought to for our constitutional right to cheap oil and looking at the price at the pump, he didn't do such a good job...no pancakes for him!
You are entitled to your opinion regarding the reasons our gov't decided to send troops anywhere...I have mine also.
That, in no way takes away from that person's rights to have that dog at his side at all times...period.
Do you have something relevant to the conversation you wish to add or will you just continue to troll and try to stir the pot?

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
You are entitled to your opinion regarding the reasons our gov't decided to send troops anywhere...I have mine also.
That, in no way takes away from that person's rights to have that dog at his side at all times...period.
Do you have something relevant to the conversation you wish to add or will you just continue to troll and try to stir the pot?
Yeah, there's tons of people getting tips from lawyers about mirrors in bathrooms being a couple inches too high, so then the lawyer asks the handicapped to be a plaintiff and off they go to the courts for money even if the handicapped plaintiff never stepped foot in the joint, It's a neat way to make money thanks to ADA!

Got any good leads for my lawyer? This might be a neat way to cash in on non compliant businesses by getting out of court settlements, don't ya think?

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, there's tons of people getting tips from lawyers about mirrors in bathrooms being a couple inches too high, so then the lawyer asks the handicapped to be a plaintiff and off they go to the courts for money even if the handicapped plaintiff never stepped foot in the joint, It's a neat way to make money thanks to ADA!
Got any good leads for my lawyer? This might be a neat way to cash in on non compliant businesses by getting out of court settlements, don't ya think?
Those laws and requirements have been in place for years.
The case at hand was nothing about money...it was about basic rights for the handicapped.
Have your lawyer go to the DOJ for "leads"...

You've certainly confirmed your role as a troll...

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, the ADA is geared towards gaining compliance more than providing civil remedy (money) for individuals.
You'd be better to go beg for money on the corner...maybe you and your lawyer would do better there??

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, the ADA is geared towards gaining compliance more than providing civil remedy (money) for individuals.
Not true, people are suing businesses all the time because of ADA compliance. Hopefully, this will cause the weak economy to collapse per Obama's wish, so the that eventually it causes the mainstream to revolt and take out the weak and the commies all in one fell swoop.

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2012

Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Not true, people are suing businesses all the time because of ADA compliance. Hopefully, this will cause the weak economy to collapse per Obama's wish, so the that eventually it causes the mainstream to revolt and take out the weak and the commies all in one fell swoop.
The article said nothing about any lawsuit being filed. She is being charged with a misdemeanor. I have to agree thsat you are trolling, trying to stir up trouble.
Mark

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2012

Talk about turning a molehill into a mountain...sheesh. This is not worth a moment in court.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••