GR Police Officer Justified in Shooti...

GR Police Officer Justified in Shooting, Killing

There are 13 comments on the WTKG-AM Grand Rapids story from Apr 13, 2010, titled GR Police Officer Justified in Shooting, Killing. In it, WTKG-AM Grand Rapids reports that:

Kent County's Prosecutor says the Grand Rapids police officer was acting properly when he shot and killed a man last month.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTKG-AM Grand Rapids.

listentothetruth

Arvada, CO

#1 Apr 20, 2010
of corse, murder is always okay as long as they have a badge

Since: Sep 08

Muskegon

#2 Apr 20, 2010
listentothetruth wrote:
Why have the investigations, then? You have an overly cynical view of this, at best.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3 Apr 20, 2010
Does anyone have a link to specific findings of the investigation? I'm interested in seeing where the officer's bullets entered the suspects body.

In the short video that was made public the suspect was running away from the police officer.
The suspect was out of camera range when he was shot but it was only a moment later. I want to know if the suspect was shot in the back.

Does anyone have any info on this?

Muskegon

#4 Apr 20, 2010
Arctic49519 wrote:
Does anyone have a link to specific findings of the investigation? I'm interested in seeing where the officer's bullets entered the suspects body.
In the short video that was made public the suspect was running away from the police officer.
The suspect was out of camera range when he was shot but it was only a moment later. I want to know if the suspect was shot in the back.
From the article that was linked, and the details that are in there, there's no way they found the officer justified unless he was shot in the front. Did you read the linked article?
lmao

Marietta, OH

#5 Apr 20, 2010
radell wrote:
<quoted text>From the article that was linked, and the details that are in there, there's no way they found the officer justified unless he was shot in the front. Did you read the linked article?
Read? You want him to read? What are you thinking, he can't make up rumor and innuendo if he reads the facts.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#6 Apr 20, 2010
radell wrote:
<quoted text>From the article that was linked, and the details that are in there, there's no way they found the officer justified unless he was shot in the front. Did you read the linked article?
The whole point is that it doesn't say where the guy was shot, and it seems a little bit strange that it doesn't.

Muskegon

#7 Apr 20, 2010
Arctic49519 wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole point is that it doesn't say where the guy was shot, and it seems a little bit strange that it doesn't.
It describes in detail that the person was facing the officer and wouldn't drop a weapon. If the forensic evidence hadn't borne that out, the cop wouldn't have been cleared. Unless there really is a conspiracy at work here.
Dan Bana

Deerfield, IL

#8 Apr 20, 2010
Arctic49519 wrote:
Here is the best I could come up with. The WOOD story has a link to the Prosecutor's press release. I did not see any specifics on where Hood was shot. Under the circumstances I am not sure it makes any difference.
Dan Bana

Deerfield, IL

#9 Apr 20, 2010
Thewayiseeit

Cheboygan, MI

#10 Apr 20, 2010
Since the fool is dead (you must be a fool to point a gun at a cop) its likely the shots were to the head or chest. If I was the cop, there would've been a total of 17 holes in the head and chest unless he was lying on the ground first. If they're standing, you keep shooting.

Lesson: DO NOT run from a cop. DO NOT point a gun at a cop.
Thewayiseeit

Cheboygan, MI

#11 Apr 20, 2010
Five shots fired, one hit in the abdomen. Officer needs some range time!
gregd548

Holland, MI

#12 Apr 24, 2010
listentothetruth wrote:
The number of shots fired always irks me... you read where the PD fired 19 shots at a guy, and hit him 4 times. Or fired 30 and hit him 2 times. Have no issue with them shooting the perps, but wish to hell they'd learn to shoot better. My wife can shoot better that that!
say what

Denver, CO

#13 Apr 25, 2010
radell wrote:
Not to mention the guys girlfriend, who seems to have witnessed the entire incident, would have been all over the news talking about how the cop shot her poor boyfriend in the back while he was running away instead of standing there pointing a gun at an officer while the officer tells him (5 times, no less) to drop the weapon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kent County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fall foliage in West Michigan, color tours brou... Oct '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News 'Open carry' leader says convention authority f... (Apr '16) Apr '16 RushFan666 1
News Like father, like son: Gang violence sends man ... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Who 1
News Pine Rest psychologist arrested for child sex c... (Apr '08) Jul '15 Who 82
News 21-year-old pleads guilty to raping pregnant wo... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Beenyt 1
News Shaggy the Dog Finally Captured in Grand Rapids (Mar '15) Mar '15 Gville Jim 2
News Attorney's shortchanging of State Bar scuttles ... (Feb '15) Feb '15 duh 3
More from around the web