Teen charged, teen sought in teen sho...

Teen charged, teen sought in teen shooting

There are 14 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Oct 31, 2008, titled Teen charged, teen sought in teen shooting. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

One teen is in custody and another wanted for their roles in the shooting of another teen October 24 near E. Kentwood High School.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

teen

Riverside, CA

#1 Oct 31, 2008
so what i want to know is, were any TEENS involved in this? i couldn't tell from the headline.
sammy

Salt Lake City, UT

#2 Oct 31, 2008
punks
Ray J

Denver, CO

#4 Oct 31, 2008
mann.. another teen throwin his life away over some dumb gunplay... we need to get it together for real! That little incident was not necessary. Wake up People!!
concerned

Denver, CO

#5 Oct 31, 2008
As a resident of Kentwood, this is just disturbing.When I was in school, things were solved with a good old fashioned fist fight, then the 2 that fought usually ended up best friends. How did the world turn so cruel and violent? Now dotn get me wrong, I am not saying that fist fighting isn't violent at all, but come on people. If it gets much worse, people are going to be afraid to even go to school, oh wait, that's already happened.

Since: Feb 08

Fort Collins, CO

#6 Oct 31, 2008
four posts and no one has said it yet

"he was a good kid, just turning his life around, he did not ever do nothing wrong at all"

beat you liars to the punch
Whatever

United States

#7 Oct 31, 2008
No one said it because it wasn't worth saying! This started off as a sensible forum until you came in. Pay attention to the conversation. Stop the ignorance for once, the story is bad enough and then here you come. Grow up!
Joshua J wrote:
four posts and no one has said it yet
"he was a good kid, just turning his life around, he did not ever do nothing wrong at all"
beat you liars to the punch
name

Gallipolis, OH

#9 Nov 1, 2008
UMm ive seen both these kids around my house and i live across the street from East Kentwood!!!
Wellington

United States

#10 Nov 1, 2008
these black guys dont know how to solve anything the old fashion way with thier fist or brain.thier too stupid & weak so they gotta shoot people all tanked up on crack and pot!
Todd

Grandville, MI

#12 Nov 1, 2008
I'm shocked, SHOCKED to see it's black kids.
Wellington

United States

#13 Nov 1, 2008
They are influencing and currupting our White young men!
Wellington

United States

#14 Nov 1, 2008
i like some black people........Im voting for Obama too but . Classy black people noit this trash that is a majority of the youth. Im just saying what EVERYONE ELSE IS THINKING AND YOU KNOW IT
Rita

United States

#15 Nov 1, 2008
Wellington wrote:
these black guys dont know how to solve anything the old fashion way with thier fist or brain.thier too stupid & weak so they gotta shoot people all tanked up on crack and pot!
So tell me, was Troy Brake black? He killed the Zimmer's with a gun! How about Jeffrey VanVels? He killed a police officer with a gun! Hey, what about Marvin Snyder? He killed Susan Sheldon with a gun! I know, what about the Marshall brothers, were they black? Those idiots shot each other! hmmm, let's try one more Diane Diamante not black either? Wasn't a gun but she beat her 87 year old mother to death. Hmmmm, I guess blacks aren't the only one's to pick up a weapon and commit a heinous crime. Oh let me guess, these are totally different, they really didn't mean it, and you're sure they weren't tanked up on crack and pot! I used to be surprised at how many racist idiots still out there but now I just think you're all as pathetic as the blacks, whites, gangstas, and thugs committing these crimes!
Rita

United States

#16 Nov 1, 2008
Wellington wrote:
They are influencing and currupting our White young men!
No, they're not corrupting and influencing your "young white men"! If you raise your children with a solid foundation, good values, and morals then they won't be influenced in this manner. You see, I have 2 black sons, my husband and I have raised them with a very solid foundations. We raised them with a strong Christian beliefs, taught them the value of good grades and hard work. We raised them to respect others as well as themselves, to always believe in themselves, and to know they can reach all of their goals. We taught our kids they are leaders NOT followers. Now we have a straight A college student and one in middles school, whom already knows that he wants to be an animal scientist. Our kids don't wear their pants half way down their butts, they have never gotten into trouble and have no desire to be a part of the streets or participate in the thug life. It's not about someone else being a bad influence on your children, it's about YOU, the parent, spending less time spewing racist venom and more time instilling good values and morals in your children!
Falconm0m

Grand Rapids, MI

#17 Nov 3, 2008
AMEN, Rita!

People need to take responsibility for their actions. Parents need to raise their children and not make excuses for themselves or their kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kent County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fall foliage in West Michigan, color tours brou... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News 'Open carry' leader says convention authority f... (Apr '16) Apr '16 RushFan666 1
News Like father, like son: Gang violence sends man ... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Who 1
News Pine Rest psychologist arrested for child sex c... (Apr '08) Jul '15 Who 82
News 21-year-old pleads guilty to raping pregnant wo... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Beenyt 1
News Shaggy the Dog Finally Captured in Grand Rapids (Mar '15) Mar '15 Gville Jim 2
News Attorney's shortchanging of State Bar scuttles ... (Feb '15) Feb '15 duh 3