Intruders Fatally Shoot Man in Kenosha County

Oct 13, 2009 Full story: WMTV Madison 26

Sheriff's officials say intruders looking for drugs and cash fatally shot a man in his Kenosha County home early Tuesday.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
dumb

Mchenry, IL

#21 Jan 31, 2011
Im not just a random person who heard what happened. I also knew teddy, He acted like he was tough, and yes he did think he was a gangsta, almost all the little kids in salem did!!! Otherwise they wouldnt be running around throwin up signs, and claiming gd or whatever it is they thought they were.
And as far as blaming everything on society and our parents, thats no excuse! Every person is responsable for their own actions.
one of his real friends

Kenosha, WI

#23 May 9, 2011
I agree with you. Teddy was a very good person he had a good heart he wanted to be a friggin marine he was one of the people i could always go to but for some reason he couldnt get away from those people that were such a bad influence on him he is not a bad person he was drunk a grown man gave him a minor alcohol and then handed him a gun and had him go somewhere with him, teddy shoulda stayed in school if he had this never wouldve happen he was very very smart he still is he just ran with the wrong people and all you people that think you know what went on can shut up you dont know him like his true friends did so get over yourselves. he would never intentionally kill some one, he is a very protective person when he comes to people he cares about but he didnt go anywhere to kill anyone thats not how he is he might beat the crap out of someone but he wouldnt kill them, and for all you ignorant people who think you know better and judge someone that youve never met you can just buzz off and quit with your peanut gallery comments. and maybe if his mother had been there and actually gave a shit about what he did maybe he never would dropped out of school and moved from where he was if he had more structure this never wouldve happened. so for all you haters please do shut up because you dont know anything about him. kthx
Save Teddy B wrote:
First of all, "Dumb" is a perfect name for you cuz ur talkin about something you have no personal facts about; so nxt time someone hurts u or ur family and you don't do anything about it..it'll be YOUR fault. As one of teddy's close friends, he was a great guy with real potential..its our society who's to blame for the incident that occured. Teddy wasn't "gangster" til everyone started pullin out guns, doing bad drugs..and these were our PARENTS who taught us these things, its our peers, our elders fault for making us the way we are. Everyone involved knew what they were getting into, down to the wife who called 911; this all could have been avoided, but i know these people personally, and when you hurt family you know nothing good is going to come of it. The old man knew he was playing with fire and in the end everyone burned.
**For everyone who just read an article and think you have a plausable input on this; LOOK AGAIN and get some facts before you run your mouth.**
Ghvuvffhv

West Bend, WI

#24 Jun 14, 2011
These people are my family John, &his daughters they are not bad people, if anyone who has ever met him would know hes a big loving caring guy, he cares about his family and all ge was trying to do was protect his family. Yes he was in the wrong for letting the situation escalate to what it escalated to but to those that also dont know Rob was a family friend also who did many things in the wrong, some dealing with drugs and some with others, truth is he knew exactly what would come from the situation and he got more than he should have and ill admit murder is not the best way to go about things, but it escalated. And also Rob may have needed a cane to walk and was 50 but the man dealing drugs that can fend off groups of teens in drugdeals should be able to handle a group of young adults and adults, when they arent in their prime years. You can all point fingers and say what you want about either of the sides of the stories truth is they could care less, Leydels wife knew what was going on she lied to the cops about things and murder isnt right by any means but this story just goes to show that John and his family obviously had real true friends in his life, and Rob got what was gonna happen to him eventually for dealing drugs to teens. And for some of the other things that had been going on.
Caring parent

United States

#25 Jun 14, 2011
Teddy is a great kid, and his Mother did everything possible to keep him in school, even trying nite classes for him cause he hated school.He was so smart and it bored him.He worked hard in summers for family making something of himself and money thanks to his Mom's help. It was an accident with the death, but he should never have gone with.
This is bull crap

Waterford, WI

#26 Feb 24, 2012
Danny wrote:
John was doing what was right ,he was protecting his daughter.Mr.Leydel was thought to have provided some very bad drugs to John Navigato's daughter.Teddy Bieker was struck by Mr.Leydel with a cane that he used for walking thats when Teddy shot him.If someone provided drugs to my daughters I would do the same thing..We can't expect the police to stop the bad drugs from hitting the street..John you are my hero for taking care of your kids.
This is bull crap he was not doing what he thought was right!!!! All he did was hide behind his daughts and give them a bad rap!!! What kind of dad would do that? Im sure thats how those girls think. They both work hard and are good girls and robbin was like a uncle to them and never did them any wrong. I beleave this was not ment to be but it happened and it was not because of his girls.
jake

Spring Grove, IL

#28 Dec 20, 2012
i knew john navigato for a period of time when i was a kid about 20-22 yrs old. I truly addored the man for his warmth and companionship for me and my buddy tony who often accompanied me when i would visit him. He was always in a good mood and just a fun guy to be around, i'm sure you know the type. We lost contact for a couple years and when i heard about this crap i was sad about it cause i knew i'd probably never get to see him again. I think the laws in wisco are so ridiculous that its beyond the point of reason. John made a mistake goin over there. But john didn't kill anyone and neither did 2 of the other people that were there. one guy pulled the trigger. One guy shuold be charged with murder. Now the girls don't have a father anymore and i don't see it as justice served at all. I think that puttin john in jail doesn't solve anything. Its as sensless as the shooting itself. The state of wisconsin just ruined another mans life. Its not justice, its sensless. If it is the intent of the state of wisconsin to serve jutice then charge him with the crime HE is guilty of and NOTHING else. John's not a murderer. He didn't kill anyone. Yet he has to serve out his days for it? Cmon....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenosha County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News U.S. Senate candidate's son tells voters to sen... (Oct '12) Apr '14 KPD241 5
News Kenosha Authorities Makes Largest Heroin Bust I... (Jan '09) Nov '13 Jerry 13
News Kenosha County EMT faces reduced charges of sex... (May '13) May '13 zanmanvandam 1
News Zerban considering another run against Ryan in ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Haha 1
News Illinois, Wisconsin Extensions to host Horse He... (Mar '13) Mar '13 what 1
News Assault charges: Former Village President of Si... (Nov '09) Dec '12 Family member of ... 38
News Main Street work coming to Union Grove (Jun '08) Oct '12 healthANDfitness 2
More from around the web