Intruders Fatally Shoot Man in Kenosh...

Intruders Fatally Shoot Man in Kenosha County

There are 26 comments on the WMTV Madison story from Oct 13, 2009, titled Intruders Fatally Shoot Man in Kenosha County. In it, WMTV Madison reports that:

Sheriff's officials say intruders looking for drugs and cash fatally shot a man in his Kenosha County home early Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WMTV Madison.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Danny

Twin Lakes, WI

#1 Oct 15, 2009
John was doing what was right ,he was protecting his daughter.Mr.Leydel was thought to have provided some very bad drugs to John Navigato's daughter.Teddy Bieker was struck by Mr.Leydel with a cane that he used for walking thats when Teddy shot him.If someone provided drugs to my daughters I would do the same thing..We can't expect the police to stop the bad drugs from hitting the street..John you are my hero for taking care of your kids.
Pinky

Kenosha, WI

#2 Oct 15, 2009
Murder is never the answer. These guys are criminals and the lowest form of life. Shoot a man becasue he hit you with his cane? You gotta be kidding me.
One old man with a cane VS 3 younger guys with shotguns?

Yeah, OK, your buddies are real heros allright....
Lindsey

El Paso, TX

#3 Oct 15, 2009
This is a terrible shame. I know the youngest defendent, he was a great kid, haven't seen him in a few years though apparently. It's such a shame. I wouldn't lump this kid in the group as the lowest life form however, news of this crime really saddened me. I do feel sorry for the widow and at the same time for the defendents who felt this was the only way to handle the situation.
Danny

Twin Lakes, WI

#4 Oct 16, 2009
So Pinky you would say its OK to sell bad drugs to a teenage girl? A old guy he was 50 years,He got what he deserved death for selling that crap to our kids.You just can't wait for the police to do there job sometimes things need to get handled by the locals.Hate it if you choose.
Max Lode

Muskego, WI

#5 Oct 16, 2009
Danny wrote:
So Pinky you would say its OK to sell bad drugs to a teenage girl? A old guy he was 50 years,He got what he deserved death for selling that crap to our kids.You just can't wait for the police to do there job sometimes things need to get handled by the locals.Hate it if you choose.
OK wiseguy, you're magically able to somehow tell that the suspect is the one telling the truth and and should be allowed to appoint himself, judge, jury and executioner?

What a dummy you are.
Red

Kenosha, WI

#6 Oct 16, 2009
Danny wrote:
No it's not OK to sell bad drugs....or good ones for that matter. I wonder how old the "kid" was your talking about.
The only good that comes of this is that these clowns will spend a good part of the rest of there lives in prison. Who will protect his "kid" now? What a bunch of idiots.
wargames-josua

Seattle, WA

#7 Oct 16, 2009
from what I heard, they tried to rob him, for drugs,and cash. He might have provided drugs, who knows, but 3 guys went in with the intent to rob him. Home invasion. You shoot someone, first thing you better think about is those cinder block walls. Because thats where your new home is for the rest of your life. If you shoot someone they better be holding a gun or knife at you. If not, its jail time for life.
wargames-josua

Seattle, WA

#8 Oct 16, 2009
sorry about the fast typing, name is: wargames-Joshua.
Searan

Montgomery, AL

#9 Oct 17, 2009
Danny, they are not heros. Not even close. Murderers and worthless criminals. If the child was brought up respectfully and with some sort of parenting, she wouldnt of turned to drugs to begin with.Place the blame where it belongs. Bad parenting,and terrible choices of individuals. He shouldnt be selling drugs. Not a reason to kill him. Lindsey, I think your mistaken. I would group him with the lowest life form. He is my own kid brother. I hope they rot.
Area Man

North Chicago, IL

#10 Oct 17, 2009
I'm hearing a bunch of excuses for bad behavior and poor choices. This is the kind of mess you end up with when you hang out with people like this and do their drugs. Its a dead end lifestyle, regardless of how nice a person is.

Lets all learn from this. Stay away from drugs and people who mess with drugs. Spend your money on getting an education instead of drugs. In the long run, it will be well worth it.
Searan

Montgomery, AL

#11 Oct 18, 2009
Area Man, I agree completly. Education is a better investment and by far more rewarding than a drug using life style.
Truebaby

Watertown, NY

#12 Oct 19, 2009
Its a damn shame that they were put into this situation. It used to be that justice was served, not publicity.

I used to roll with Teddy B back in salem. There were some desperate times. When my boy called me and told me teddy got locked up for shooting a guy, I didn't believe him. I wouldn't call him a lowest life form. I would say he made a mistake in proper escalation of force. Its unforunate. Teddy was really smart too.
Red

Kenosha, WI

#13 Oct 19, 2009
Not to smart...but he is a coward.....after all he shot an unarmed man.
He didn't go there alone to confront a man and settle the dispute man to man. He went with his buddies and shotguns, in the dark of the night. That my dear, is a COWARD.
Searan

Montgomery, AL

#14 Oct 21, 2009
First off, Teddy didnt go to confront him. John did, he went along for the ride, and yes he did shoot him. But He wasnt the one that wanted to confront him. As for being smart... He was, but total dumbass too. He rolled with lowlife druggies, worthless unproductive, uneducated fools.
Red

Kenosha, WI

#15 Oct 21, 2009
"Hey buddy, how about you and that shotgun over there come take a ride with me....I now it's late but I gotta go talk to a guy."

Maybe it went something like that?

Yeah..OK..so SMART Teddy just went along for the ride. I don't think a jury is going to buy that for a second. COWARDS, every last one of them.

The next ride Teddy gets to go on is going to be to the big house.
Wargames-Joshua

Terre Haute, IN

#16 Oct 21, 2009
what he should have done, was have 2 german shepards. Because the dogs know when someone is out there. I have 2 shepards and live in the woods. I just let Thunder and Lightning out and follow them whith the AR15. Bad day for them.
READ IT

Ladysmith, WI

#17 Apr 18, 2010
(I mean no disrespect to any which party involved) Look people I know John Navigato, known the guy my whole life. John's Daughters mean the world to him. Johns like an uncle to me. I've heard alot of different sides of the story so far, some from family, and some from friends, and some from the news. What it comes down to are the facts which are as follows: According to Kenoshanews2.com , According to the criminal complaint, Navigato was watching football and drinking beer at his home in the 22200 block of 121st Street with Bieker, Beeter and Suchecki when they decided to confront Leydel about selling drugs; Navigato was upset because his daughters had contact with the drugs he believed Leydel sold.Beeter reportedly offered to drive Navigato to Leydel’s home. Bieker and Suchecki volunteered to go along. Bieker allegedly shot Leydel. John may have given Beeter, Suchecki, and Bieker the guns but if ya think about it in the news reports it does mention that drugs were involved and i know if I were ever to put myself in a dumb postion as that I sure wouldn't want to bring a knife to a gun fight, wouldn't ya agree? Then we get to the actual house invasion, Whatever Mr. Leydel had done to spook Mr. Bieker is the reason Mr. Leydel had gotten shot. I'll admit there that was a mistake on John's part he should have not brought any weapons and and could have gone smoother. Mr. Bierker is only 19, He was probably jumpier then a gun shy dog. Mr. Leydel probably did attempt to attack Bierker because Leydel was suspected to have sold drugs to John's daughters, so I doubt that was his first time dealing drugs. Then even after Leydel had been shot, John had done really not to much of anything except maybe tip one to many before the whole adventure had started out. There making John out like he is a ring leader. John made no demands, and even when two others were pointing their weapons at Mrs. Leydel, John had his weapon pointed straight up at the the ceiling. So you have Suchecki holding a shotgun on Mrs. Leydel along with Bieker, Along side that Bieker is the one who got trigger happy, then ya got Beeter the driver basically, and John who just really wanted to go over and confront Mr. leydel. Like I said earlier it would be like taking a knife to a gun fight if you weren't sure just how paranoid the guy is that your going to confront.
THE TRUTH

Cantonment, FL

#18 May 24, 2010
The group ran into this mans house and killed him, you cannot justify that. Everyone involved in the incident was a drug user and had sold drugs. This is no vigilante justice. Just criminals killing criminals. What upsets the public is that such a thing would escalate to where this happened in the peaceful county. If someone sold my children drugs i would look at myself for being a bad parent. Whomever shot the man was not doing it in any form of self-defense, especially after they went to the mans house to do harm to him. On top of that "Danny" look at your criminal record because it exists and is pretty violent. Public dont let this mans pleas cover what really happened here. A life was WASTED because of others errors in thinking and they deserve to be punished for it.
Danny wrote:
John was doing what was right ,he was protecting his daughter.Mr.Leydel was thought to have provided some very bad drugs to John Navigato's daughter.Teddy Bieker was struck by Mr.Leydel with a cane that he used for walking thats when Teddy shot him.If someone provided drugs to my daughters I would do the same thing..We can't expect the police to stop the bad drugs from hitting the street..John you are my hero for taking care of your kids.
dumb

Round Lake, IL

#19 Jan 3, 2011
They wanted to rob the old man, the 4 men involved knew exactly what they were doing. They wanted the mans drugs and money. Otherwise they wouldnt have brought guns just to confront him. And, If you know your kid got drugs from him, then call the cops. Ignorance like this is ruining the world.. And as for the youngest one involved, he knew what he was doing. weather he planned on pulling the trigger or not! Teddy thought he was bad, thought he was a gangsta. Well.. now he's a murderer! Its no ones fault but their own, and I hope all 4 of them get what they deserve, Death in prison!!!
Save Teddy B

Elk Grove Village, IL

#20 Jan 25, 2011
First of all, "Dumb" is a perfect name for you cuz ur talkin about something you have no personal facts about; so nxt time someone hurts u or ur family and you don't do anything about it..it'll be YOUR fault. As one of teddy's close friends, he was a great guy with real potential..its our society who's to blame for the incident that occured. Teddy wasn't "gangster" til everyone started pullin out guns, doing bad drugs..and these were our PARENTS who taught us these things, its our peers, our elders fault for making us the way we are. Everyone involved knew what they were getting into, down to the wife who called 911; this all could have been avoided, but i know these people personally, and when you hurt family you know nothing good is going to come of it. The old man knew he was playing with fire and in the end everyone burned.
**For everyone who just read an article and think you have a plausable input on this; LOOK AGAIN and get some facts before you run your mouth.**

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenosha County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Assailants in Lake Shangri-la shooting incident... Apr '15 Armed Citizen 1
News U.S. Senate candidate's son tells voters to sen... (Oct '12) Apr '14 KPD241 5
News Kenosha Authorities Makes Largest Heroin Bust I... (Jan '09) Nov '13 Jerry 13
News Kenosha County EMT faces reduced charges of sex... (May '13) May '13 zanmanvandam 1
News Zerban considering another run against Ryan in ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Haha 1
News Illinois, Wisconsin Extensions to host Horse He... (Mar '13) Mar '13 what 1
News Assault charges: Former Village President of Si... (Nov '09) Dec '12 Family member of ... 38
More from around the web