Lake rescue: Rescuer looking to be re...

Lake rescue: Rescuer looking to be rescued from his medical bills

There are 12 comments on the Fox6 story from Aug 25, 2010, titled Lake rescue: Rescuer looking to be rescued from his medical bills. In it, Fox6 reports that:

When Trever Hall jumped into Kenosha's Silver Lake to rescue 14-year-old Aaron Puente, he didn't expect to be drowning himself, in debt from medical bills.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox6.

swimmer

Brookfield, WI

#1 Aug 25, 2010
maybe they will stay in the swimm area next time. The women said she is signing him up for free health insurance, and that the bill is being held until then, so tax payers can pay it, can you say fraud..........
Dave

Roscoe, IL

#2 Aug 25, 2010
I would think the parents of the 14 year old victim would have gained the most, hence the most likely to want to pay the bill. With enough publicity though, I am confidant the hospital will eventually "write it off"
pam

Milwaukee, WI

#4 Aug 26, 2010
Shame on Aurora! charging a hero... Aurora will squeeze every penny they can they will get there money one way or another if someone donates or Aurora will try to come out as a hero after media coverage and say bills forgiven SHAME ON AURORA!
Cindy

Milwaukee, WI

#5 Aug 26, 2010
"Aurora says they are working with Hall to find a fair and equitable solution."
So....why judge them until an agreement is reached? The medical facility did their job, he needs to pay for it.$2k is HARDLY a HUGE medical bill. So pay it $5 a week. Geez people. You aren't a hero if you can't handle ALL of the responsibilities of your actions. Whiners...everyone is "entitled"...and can act as they wish with no consequence. Sickening. It's $2k people!!! Not $1 million!
dddd

Rochester, WI

#6 Aug 26, 2010
hey, "swimmer" hope that you are never in need. People do get down on their luck. You don't know the circumstances. Lots of people don't have insurance. if he is entitled to have title 19 so be it. You have no right to judge and accuse him of being fraudulent.
if you ever go swimming yourself and wander out of the designated area, pray that someone is there to save your azz.
OMG I can't believe how insensitive some people are!!!!!
Sin D

United States

#7 Aug 26, 2010
Yes, because whenever you see somebody whose life is in danger, the first thing you should do is ask yourself "If I save that person, could it possibly cause me to go to the hospital? And if so, can I afford the bill? Hmmmm. Thinking...thinking...thinking ..."

That's surely the dumbest thing I'll read today, Cindy. Take a little "personal responsibility" for putting yourself in this guy's shoes. How long would you stand around pondering all the possible consequences while watching somebody drown? Dolt!
Debra

Kingsland, GA

#8 Aug 26, 2010
If this young man would have rescued one of my kids I would help him any way I could. Let's hope Aurora splits the bill and yes, I agree, pay 'em $5.00 per week. His parents should be very proud of him and thank God he was okay, too.
Neece

United States

#9 Aug 26, 2010
Trever, don't you worry! You did a very noble thing and God is watching. Have faith and God will take care of everything! There are too many people that just sit on the sidelines and watch. What you did took a great amount of courage! You're an angel to that Aaron and now you know there are angels on earth...sometimes they are just regular people! God will reward you for your strength and courage, just have faith!
Neece

United States

#10 Aug 26, 2010
dddd wrote:
hey, "swimmer" hope that you are never in need. People do get down on their luck. You don't know the circumstances. Lots of people don't have insurance. if he is entitled to have title 19 so be it. You have no right to judge and accuse him of being fraudulent.
if you ever go swimming yourself and wander out of the designated area, pray that someone is there to save your ****.
OMG I can't believe how insensitive some people are!!!!!
Wow! Cindy, you are a peice of work! Pray you are never in position where you need assistance from a regular person. Why would they try to help if they know later on down the road it will cost them. You must be a very unhappy person to be so cynical!
shelly6037

Jackson, WI

#11 Aug 26, 2010
So this kid should of let this 14 yr. old drown. COME ON REALLY!!!
Thats a good thing to teach people! Just turn your back and walk away?
Thank GOD for this kid. He saved a life and a family that would of been going through heartake for a VERY long time if there child would of died. What is this world coming to???
shelly6037

Jackson, WI

#12 Aug 26, 2010
Neece wrote:
Trever, don't you worry! You did a very noble thing and God is watching. Have faith and God will take care of everything! There are too many people that just sit on the sidelines and watch. What you did took a great amount of courage! You're an angel to that Aaron and now you know there are angels on earth...sometimes they are just regular people! God will reward you for your strength and courage, just have faith!
I AGREE 100%(Neece)
Teacher

Sussex, WI

#13 Aug 26, 2010
Cindy wrote:
"Aurora says they are working with Hall to find a fair and equitable solution."
So....why judge them until an agreement is reached? The medical facility did their job, he needs to pay for it.$2k is HARDLY a HUGE medical bill. So pay it $5 a week. Geez people. You aren't a hero if you can't handle ALL of the responsibilities of your actions. Whiners...everyone is "entitled"...and can act as they wish with no consequence. Sickening. It's $2k people!!! Not $1 million!
Glad you have a extra 2K lying around...Insensitive b i t ch

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenosha County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wisconsin Village Ex-President Gets 12 Years Fo... (Sep '11) 21 hr Crazy Uncle 2
Rose Ann Kranski Obituary Dec 4 Kranski Obit 1
News Assault charges: Former Village President of Si... (Nov '09) Aug '17 going to heaven 39
Kenosha County Arrest Records and Criminal Mu... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Riley 2
News Assailants in Lake Shangri-la shooting incident... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Armed Citizen 1
News U.S. Senate candidate's son tells voters to sen... (Oct '12) Apr '14 KPD241 5
News Kenosha Authorities Makes Largest Heroin Bust I... (Jan '09) Nov '13 Jerry 13
More from around the web