Kenosha Deputy Shot & Killed

May 17, 2007 Full story: WFRV-TV Green Bay 32

A deputy is shot and killed during a traffic stop and a suspect is in custody after an intense manhunt by land and air, a Kenosha County sheriff's official said Thursday. via WFRV-TV Green Bay

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
asprosthanatos

Chicago, IL

#1 May 17, 2007
Three counties in Wisconsin: Milwaukee, Racine, and Kenosha Counties: Will the time ever come when the people of Wisconsin, discover the total number of so-called "traffic" stops made in those three counties? "Law enforcement" gone wild is the only way to describe those three counties --24/7 "traffic" stops. Given the obscene number of traffic stops made in those three counties, a mathematician could probably produce data, showing the number of those idiots killed, is on the low side.
Det_Jones

Palatine, IL

#2 May 17, 2007
Here is a simple math formula for you. ONE is too many. I wonder how many people drive through those three counties and are never stopped. Sounds like you may not be one of them. At least I hope that is the reason, because otherwise your ignorance is even worse than I can imagine. It must be nice to say/type anything you want. I wonder who protects your right to do that?? Thats right, its the very officers you are complaining about.
Kenosha

Muskego, WI

#3 May 17, 2007
Det_Jones wrote:
Here is a simple math formula for you. ONE is too many. I wonder how many people drive through those three counties and are never stopped. Sounds like you may not be one of them. At least I hope that is the reason, because otherwise your ignorance is even worse than I can imagine. It must be nice to say/type anything you want. I wonder who protects your right to do that?? Thats right, its the very officers you are complaining about.
Hardly, while i have respect for most law enforcement officers, YOU DO NOT PROTECT OUR RIGHTS, that is what the Constitution does. The protect and serve part of police work died many many years ago. If officers protected our rights under the Constitution America would be a much better and safer place. Instead officers suspect everyone and use sneaky and intimidating tactics to get their results. I have never been arrested, i know many police officers and i trust none of them.

I am terribly sorry for the family who lost a loved one today. Our prayers are with you.
asprosthanatos

Chicago, IL

#4 May 17, 2007
Det_Jones wrote:
Here is a simple math formula for you. ONE is too many. I wonder how many people drive through those three counties and are never stopped. Sounds like you may not be one of them. At least I hope that is the reason, because otherwise your ignorance is even worse than I can imagine. It must be nice to say/type anything you want. I wonder who protects your right to do that?? Thats right, its the very officers you are complaining about.
Kenosha Wisconsin is a low population, relatively quiet area. You have a Sheriff killed upon making a traffic stop,(not "felony" stop). Why did that happen? It happened because the Kenosha Sheriff's department makes so many traffic stops, in this instance, it resulted in the deceased encountering, what was perhaps the only person of such deadly temperament for miles around. "Traffic" stops are policing itself in Milwaukee County, Racine County, and Kenosha County. Actually, it's rediculous and the number of stops made in those counties is absurd. It is more like police OPPRESSION, than protection. I heard, the State of Wisconsin is so overwhelmed with the outrageous number of various "law enforcement" agencies, it has become something of a political embarrassment, which requires remedy. Sounds like a "police state".
asprosthanatos

Chicago, IL

#5 May 17, 2007
Det_Jones wrote:
Here is a simple math formula for you. ONE is too many. I wonder how many people drive through those three counties and are never stopped. Sounds like you may not be one of them. At least I hope that is the reason, because otherwise your ignorance is even worse than I can imagine. It must be nice to say/type anything you want. I wonder who protects your right to do that?? Thats right, its the very officers you are complaining about.
Cops don't "protect" people. They arrive AFTER the fact of a crime, do investigations and make arrests. Cops "protect" themselves. In theory, law enforcement exists to "DETER" crime as opposed to actually "protecting" an individual from being victimized. Did you see all those cops in "swat" gear, who showed up at Virgina Tech? They showed up after 32 people were dead, to write reports and collect evidence. Obviously, those 32 people were not "protected" by the local cops.
orttimer

Portland, OR

#6 May 18, 2007
"You have a right to remain silent".

Exercise that right.
Kenosha

Muskego, WI

#7 May 18, 2007
Whether you agree with this young man/woman or not he/she has the right to express his opinion. Perhaps you could debate him/her on the subject if in fact you have ever been to Kenosha or its surrounding counties.

I have lived in Kenosha for my entire life and i have had one speeding ticket and have had very very few run ins with police. Kenosha is by no means a police state tho we do have an over abundance of police, you can drive by a dark parking lot at any time of night and see three or 4 of them just sitting there wasting MY money.

Lets stop putting police on a pedestal and remember they are only people, people who are paid by US, they are public servants, they should always remember this. I feel no officer should be allowed to wear a badge unless they memorize the MAIN LAW OF THE LAND, THE CONSTITUTION. Like i said i trust no officers and only have respect for them because we are forced to.
Aruba

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#8 May 18, 2007
If what I hear is correct (he was an illegal Mexican who was recently released from jail) that puts another twist of this. I wonder why he was arrested in the first place and if he was illegal why he was not deported. He would then have been far away from Kenosha.
Kenosha

Muskego, WI

#9 May 18, 2007
I am sure everyone outside Kenosha will get the info at a much faster rate than we will here in Kenosha. Any updates from you all would be fantastic, we have one rag of a newspaper and no news channel of our own.
It seems as of late that illegals are above the law, not just here but everywhere across the USA. If this would have happened in Mexico the white person who shot a Mexican would be shot on site.
Past Resisdent

Bloomington, IN

#10 May 18, 2007
In 2005 Violent Crime went up in Kenosha by 25 %. That was atributed namely to the influx of illegal immigrants to the community and the rise of unemployment. Those who think Kenosha is a quiet community have never driven east of 39th Ave. East Kenosha is comprised of a bunch of lazy unemployed parolees and unwed mothers with children from mulitiple dads. Unfortunatley those children grow up to be just like their parents. The local liberal politicians accomidate them when they should be driving them back to the ghetos of Chicago. The reason Kenosha cops sit in groups has more to do with staying available for inevitable east side calls. The cops in Kenosha get paid very little compared to Illinois and have 5 times the risk factor and constant negative liberal media exposore.
orttimer

Portland, OR

#11 May 18, 2007
If you live in such an "Oppressive Police State" why would you continue to do so? GO, find a new world and live happily everafter.

If not, just about every Agency in this Nation is hiring, if you can do a better job, please apply, your community needs you out there and not behind a keyboard.

Good law or bad law, the LAW IS THE LAW, Felony or not, too bad.

Career criminals polluting our society have no place.
Aruba

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#12 May 19, 2007
I have visited Kenosha many times and the guy from Chicago has a major problem probably a heavy foot. I have always found that people who like to speed always think the cops are picking on them. There is nothing wrong with the police in the Kenosha area. So he should stay in Illinois which I think is funny because I always felt that Illinois has a more aggressive police force on their major highways.
True American

Darien, WI

#13 May 19, 2007
Kenosha wrote:
Whether you agree with this young man/woman or not he/she has the right to express his opinion. Perhaps you could debate him/her on the subject if in fact you have ever been to Kenosha or its surrounding counties.
I have lived in Kenosha for my entire life and i have had one speeding ticket and have had very very few run ins with police. Kenosha is by no means a police state tho we do have an over abundance of police, you can drive by a dark parking lot at any time of night and see three or 4 of them just sitting there wasting MY money.
Lets stop putting police on a pedestal and remember they are only people, people who are paid by US, they are public servants, they should always remember this. I feel no officer should be allowed to wear a badge unless they memorize the MAIN LAW OF THE LAND, THE CONSTITUTION. Like i said i trust no officers and only have respect for them because we are forced to.
Let me take a shot in the dark, you are a Democrat. Liberalism is a mental disorder. It makes me sick to read the garbage that you are printing, especially after a local law enforcement officer was shot and killed so close to your home. Doesn't that frighten you? Doesn't that upset you that a subject, with multiple identities, is driving around in the county that you live in with a loaded weapon and shooting at police officers? You may not like the police, for whatever reason, but when you need them you will be happy as hell that they WILL be there to help you. You're right, you do have the right to express your comments and your ideas. But why don't you express opinions for what the real problem is. The reason that officers make traffic stops is to "look" for the bad guys/girls. It is not to harass people or "single them out" as people like yourself would say.
deputys wife

United States

#14 May 19, 2007
Kenosha wrote:
Whether you agree with this young man/woman or not he/she has the right to express his opinion. Perhaps you could debate him/her on the subject if in fact you have ever been to Kenosha or its surrounding counties.
I have lived in Kenosha for my entire life and i have had one speeding ticket and have had very very few run ins with police. Kenosha is by no means a police state tho we do have an over abundance of police, you can drive by a dark parking lot at any time of night and see three or 4 of them just sitting there wasting MY money.
Lets stop putting police on a pedestal and remember they are only people, people who are paid by US, they are public servants, they should always remember this. I feel no officer should be allowed to wear a badge unless they memorize the MAIN LAW OF THE LAND, THE CONSTITUTION. Like i said i trust no officers and only have respect for them because we are forced to.
if all of you people feel that the police here are extreme stay out of the state they are doing their job and lord knows its not for the money. everyone complains and yet these officers are pretty much at everyones beck and call and often help people who are totally ungratefull. remember that next time you need rescue officers are often first to arrive to make the secene safe they have to run toward gun fire not away so think of that next time you disregaurd the laws and get pulled over they are getting paid to do those things
Kenosha

Muskego, WI

#15 May 19, 2007
Did i say something about extreme cops? Me move out of the state i grew up in for having an opinion? You move lady, your Nazi style ideals have no place here. They maybe be doing their jobs but they are paid by me and you and everyone else, they should be the ones to remember that. Please tell me where i spoke of this extreme police thingy.
Kenosha

Muskego, WI

#16 May 19, 2007
True American wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me take a shot in the dark, you are a Democrat. Liberalism is a mental disorder. It makes me sick to read the garbage that you are printing, especially after a local law enforcement officer was shot and killed so close to your home. Doesn't that frighten you? Doesn't that upset you that a subject, with multiple identities, is driving around in the county that you live in with a loaded weapon and shooting at police officers? You may not like the police, for whatever reason, but when you need them you will be happy as hell that they WILL be there to help you. You're right, you do have the right to express your comments and your ideas. But why don't you express opinions for what the real problem is. The reason that officers make traffic stops is to "look" for the bad guys/girls. It is not to harass people or "single them out" as people like yourself would say.
Democrat, liberalism? get a grip i spoke the truth you dont like it. You know what would make me feel safe? If i were allowed to carry a weapon and you and your mother and you brother and my brother and on and on. We put our faith in a people we dont know and never met, why? our individual security is up to us, it should not be put in the hands of anyone else, it gives them power over us. I would like to know where your hostility is coming from, my comment was not rude in any way shape or form, just because i am not a scared halfwit and feel i can protect myself better than the "reactionary" police force you get upset with me? You are the one who seems to have the problem, police make so many stops because they make money, the more stops the more money granted from the states and feds..

Of course it upsets me, that doesnt change my opinion tho, my main point is the police to not uphold the laws of out Constitution as dp jones had stated, i know 5 officers and none of them could even tell me three of our rights granted under the Bill Of Rights.

Please read all the posts before you make an arse out of yourself.
True American

Darien, WI

#17 May 20, 2007
Kenosha wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrat, liberalism? get a grip i spoke the truth you dont like it. You know what would make me feel safe? If i were allowed to carry a weapon and you and your mother and you brother and my brother and on and on. We put our faith in a people we dont know and never met, why? our individual security is up to us, it should not be put in the hands of anyone else, it gives them power over us. I would like to know where your hostility is coming from, my comment was not rude in any way shape or form, just because i am not a scared halfwit and feel i can protect myself better than the "reactionary" police force you get upset with me? You are the one who seems to have the problem, police make so many stops because they make money, the more stops the more money granted from the states and feds..
Of course it upsets me, that doesnt change my opinion tho, my main point is the police to not uphold the laws of out Constitution as dp jones had stated, i know 5 officers and none of them could even tell me three of our rights granted under the Bill Of Rights.
Please read all the posts before you make an arse out of yourself.
Who needs to get a grip!? I simply stated that if there were no police, there would be chaos. Agreed? Now, you want everyone to carry a handgun, why? If this is such a safe and peaceful world that you live in, why do you need a handgun. I know it doesn't matter what I say, because your brain is obviously affected by the medication that you are on. Also, if you are so brave and not a "halfwit", why don't you take the other writers advice and join the Kenosha County or City department and do the community justice. I just think that it is poor on your part that you write all this garbage about the police and that they are "all" bad. But you tell the wife and 7 year old child of the fallen deputy that your prayers are with them. That's crap! Your words kind of lost their meaning when you called her husband a uneducated parking lot watcher.
Kenosha

Muskego, WI

#18 May 20, 2007
First off genius, you started out by insulting me. What kind of response do you expect? I feel for the family for their loss as i would if they were ANYONE, not just an officer but anyone. People continually put our government officials on a different level as the rest of us instead of treating them as people. Does it make the 9'oclock news when the average person is shot and killed? Rarely..

Medication? i am not one of the moronic masses of sheeple who feel the need to run to pharmaceuticals every time something doesnt go my way.

Why do i want everyone to carry a handgun? BECAUSE IT IS OUR RIGHT, read through the Constitution and Bill or Rights, does the right to bear arms sound familiar? If you were a "True American" you would know that.

It is wonderful how you can put words out there that i never wrote, please show me where i called all cops bad and called them uneducated parking lot watchers, seems to me you are the unstable one here.

If you cant produce the posts in which i made these statements then i suggest is time for you to grab another xanax and curl up on the couch with your cats.
True American

Darien, WI

#19 May 20, 2007
Kenosha wrote:
First off genius, you started out by insulting me. What kind of response do you expect? I feel for the family for their loss as i would if they were ANYONE, not just an officer but anyone. People continually put our government officials on a different level as the rest of us instead of treating them as people. Does it make the 9'oclock news when the average person is shot and killed? Rarely..
Medication? i am not one of the moronic masses of sheeple who feel the need to run to pharmaceuticals every time something doesnt go my way.
Why do i want everyone to carry a handgun? BECAUSE IT IS OUR RIGHT, read through the Constitution and Bill or Rights, does the right to bear arms sound familiar? If you were a "True American" you would know that.
It is wonderful how you can put words out there that i never wrote, please show me where i called all cops bad and called them uneducated parking lot watchers, seems to me you are the unstable one here.
If you cant produce the posts in which i made these statements then i suggest is time for you to grab another xanax and curl up on the couch with your cats.
Did you not say that all the cops you know don't know the Constitution and/or the Bill of Rights? And did you not say that on any given night you drive past a parking lot and there are 4 cops wasting your money? Review your posts before you make an arse out of yourself. Regarding having weapons, I have guns myself. But they stay at home where they are locked up. When I travel for my hunting trips, they are not loaded and are carried in the trunk of my vehicle in their cases. I don't put one under my drivers seat which sounds like what you are all for. I strongly believe that it is our right to have firearms, but it sounds as though you are talking about carrying concealed weapons. Correct me if I am wrong on this.
I can tell that nothing that I or anyone else says to you is going to change your mind. I'm sure that the Kenosha County Sheriffs Dept. or the City of Kenosha PD have ride along programs. Why don't you sign up and go out on some ride alongs during the 2nd and/or 3rd shift hours. See for yourself how officers are talked too, treated, and the risks that they take on a daily basis. They deal with problems that you never hear about on the news or read in the papers. Everything that you talk about is second hand knowledge coming from either the media or some politician. Go out on these ride alongs and put yourself in the officers shoes and then post something that others besides yourself will agree on.
Kenosha

Muskego, WI

#20 May 20, 2007
Yes i said they do not know the Bill of rights, that doesnt make them uneducated parking lot attendants, you are very clever at twisting words.
I have been on ride alongs, i have family who was a judge in this town for many many years. I also know a couple state troopers as well as a couple of the county sheriffs. I understand the system and i know how corrupt it is.
You are a sorry individual i must say. First you try to break me down by saying i have a mental disorder when you are clearly the one with the disorder, then you twist my words to make your point while clearing loosing the original meaning, then you tell me to post something others will agree on? do you know what freedom of speech means? I have the right to say what i FEEL as long as it is not slanderous, whether you agree or not.
I am absolutely talking about carrying concealed weapons, why should i put my protection in the hands of someone who will arrive after the fact. Does that sound normal? are officers the only people being shot and killed by criminals?
I have been a hunter all of my life and i have FAR more training with weapons than most officers ever receive. It is not only our right to protect ourselves but it is out duty. Please go learn about your rights then come back and talk to me.
Ever hear of self preservation? it is the first law of nature, and it has been taken away from us all. It is a proven fact that states with concealed carry laws have less crime. Even after Wisconsin citizens voted for the law again this year Gov Doyle shot it down, democracy at its finest...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenosha County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
U.S. Senate candidate's son tells voters to sen... (Oct '12) Apr '14 KPD241 5
Kenosha Authorities Makes Largest Heroin Bust I... (Jan '09) Nov '13 Jerry 13
Kenosha County EMT faces reduced charges of sex... (May '13) May '13 zanmanvandam 1
Zerban considering another run against Ryan in ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Haha 1
Illinois, Wisconsin Extensions to host Horse He... (Mar '13) Mar '13 what 1
Intruders Fatally Shoot Man in Kenosha County (Oct '09) Dec '12 jake 26
Assault charges: Former Village President of Si... (Nov '09) Dec '12 Family member of ... 38

Kenosha County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE