Kemper power project revived

Full story: The Clarion-Ledger

A member of the state Public Service Commission says he welcomes Mississippi Power's request for another chance to argue for building a clean-coal power plant in Kemper County.
Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated May 11, 2010
Jennifer

Alexandria, VA

#1 May 11, 2010
Will the public be allowed to attend this presentation? Will minutes of this meeting be available for public review? Will there be an opportunity for public comment? What is the point of the PSC making a decision if it is always open for reconsideration? I would hope that the Public Service Commission would consider the horrendous BP Oil Spill, and the associated costs for the State of Mississippi in their "reconsideration". I am sure that BP had convinced everyone that all possible safety measures would be in place and that such a disasterous spill was virtually impossible. Now we learn that none of these safety measures were legitimately in place, and things do, and did go WRONG!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kemper County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kemper County power plant overruns drag down So... May '14 jen pletcher 1
One of Kemper County's Finest Dies Apr '14 Bill 1
Judge to look again at releasing Kemper records Apr '14 jen pletcher 1
Bring on the billions: enhanced oil recovery di... Mar '14 jen pletcher 1
Mississippi Power Tries to Keep Public, Sierra ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 jen pletcher 1
POINT-COUNTERPOINT: Agreement on a big current ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 jen pletcher 1
Opposition to Kemper Plant Grows: Lawmakers Fil... (Jan '14) Jan '14 To Tell the Truth 3
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Kemper County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••