Lisa Woo Resigns; Investigation Dropped

There are 17 comments on the Aug 3, 2010, WCHS story titled Lisa Woo Resigns; Investigation Dropped. In it, WCHS reports that:

The Kanawha County School board has accepted former Andrew Jackson principal, Lisa Woo's resignation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCHS.

none

Charleston, WV

#1 Aug 3, 2010
As usual, parents and others have missed the point. A good adminstrator and teacher for 34 years is gone. Due to her policies not coinciding with their child rearing techniques, she was railroaded out of county schools. The clock is ticking, people will be in with complaints the first day of school. Wonder who- if anyone -would make them happy??
WOO-TOXIC BOSS SYNDROME

Culloden, WV

#2 Aug 31, 2010
Eight dances on school time,$5.00 per student to attend. Why are dances being held on school time? Shouldnít students receive a ticket anytime money is collected? Where does the money go? How do we know how much was made? I know all students donít attend, but even if 100 students donít attend that still leaves over 500 students at five dollars a person. Students also had to pay to attend a faculty student ballgame again on school time and the cost was three dollars for admission to this event.
ē There are always donations being taken for various reasons and it is not for one day. This went on for nine weeks at a time. At lunch the students who donated were then able to go outside to eat and socialize with their friends. Students who did not donated had to sit by home base and often times have silent lunch. Many students can not afford to bring in donations every day and this borders on EXTORTION! When students did not bring in money, they were yelled at for not having a donation. Lunch D-Hall students have to go last for their lunch and many times there is nothing left on the salad bar. These students donít get the choices of everyone else regardless if they are free lunch or paid lunch. There was also a raffle where students who bought chances were allowed to go outside. But they had to buy one each day. This went on for over a week. A drawing was then held at the track meet. T-shirts were also sold on several occasions and students were told to bring in cash. Again all cash.ē Tickets are never given out at games or in random fashion. How is this accounted for? I would assume that gate receipts or tickets would match money taken in, and this would be reviewed by the county. My question is if tickets are not being given out at the games, how could they match up later in any accounting procedure? It would appear to be done after the fact because tickets are not given out at the time of payment. At the dances,$5.00 a student, how many actually attend? Some kids canít afford to attend, some kids go home early, so how much money is being taken in for these events? These are basic accounting procedures. I have worked in the concession stand and at the end of the evening, the money box was taken directly to Ms. Woo whom I assume solely counts the funds.
WOO-TOXIC BOSS SYNDROME

Culloden, WV

#3 Aug 31, 2010
SHE SHOULD OF BEEN PROSECUTED !! EVIDENTLY YOU HAV NOT HAD CHILDREN THERE AT THAT SCHOOL OR YOU WOULDN'T TAKE UP FOR HER !! NOW ANDREW JACKSON IS IN NEED OF $30,000 TO FIX THEIR FIELD, SCOREBOARD , BLEACHERS, ETC ETC .... AND MORE .!! HOPE LISA WOO ENJOYS HER HOME WITH ALL IT'S $$$$ UPDATES COMPLIMENTS OF ANDREW JACKSON. SHE WAS A BULLY ! At lunch the students who donated were then able to go outside to eat and socialize with their friends. Students who did not donated had to sit by home base and often times have silent lunch. Many students can not afford to bring in donations every day and this borders on EXTORTION! When students did not bring in money, they were yelled at for not having a donation.
cross lanes elementary

Culloden, WV

#4 Aug 31, 2010
KCS believes "Schools, parents and community must be partners in learning."

someone should tell this to v. brown

she lies and breaks confidence,

she bullies her staff in front of kids . someone remind us of the bullying laws in our state.

have no RESPECT for her .
McAllister

Saint Albans, WV

#5 Nov 1, 2010
Ms. Woo was gambling at the Dog Track on company time & using AJ's funds. That's why she is out. However, I do know that no one liked her 6 years ago when my son attended AJ, evidentally that did not change. She was not "railroaded" by the county school system. I say Good Riddens to you, Ms. Woo!!
Michele Griffin

Columbus, OH

#6 Nov 17, 2010
I was just looking for Ms Woo's name on Google when I found this. I was her student for three years back when she was an elementary school teacher. Then I did a semester of student teaching with her when I was in college at UC. I have to say, I have a hard time believing these charges. Yes, Ms Woo was a tough teacher. When I was in her class I HATED her. Funny how I sought her out when I was in college to learn again in her classroom. She forced me to push myself, when other teachers let me take the easy road. She had me reading great literature while the rest of the class read chapter books, because she knew I was capable of doing more. If she did what she's accused of, then she deserved discipline, but as a teacher, and later a principal, her job was not to make all the kids and parents like her. It was to make sure they learned, and that was a job she was always good at. I may no longer have children in the Kanawha County School system, but I am still sad to see her career end this way.
pam

Charleston, WV

#7 Nov 18, 2010
cross lanes elementary wrote:
KCS believes "Schools, parents and community must be partners in learning."
someone should tell this to v. brown
she lies and breaks confidence,
she bullies her staff in front of kids . someone remind us of the bullying laws in our state.
have no RESPECT for her .
Are you talking about Vanessa Brown? If so I agree. I didn't know what school she was principal at now. I dealt with her at another school.
ILE

Scott Depot, WV

#8 Dec 12, 2010
Can't stand her, never have. Rot in hell Bitch!! Hahahahaha !!! GOOOO HOME !!!
Barbara hyatt

Bowie, MD

#9 Jun 10, 2011
I hated this short old troll! She needs to be sent to jail. Mr Summerville, which was he assistant was also fired from KCS. He was involved in this mess. Ms Woo, held a donation to the Susan g. Comen foundation . And kept it for herself ! What a witch!
Soccrmom

Charleston, WV

#10 Jun 29, 2011
yep she is the same woman who gave a kid hell and the parent asked why and she had the police arrest him and he couldnt be on school property to defend his kids rights. i hope she rots.
CL Parent

Charleston, WV

#11 Jul 26, 2011
pam wrote:
<quoted text> Are you talking about Vanessa Brown? If so I agree. I didn't know what school she was principal at now. I dealt with her at another school.
Unfortunately she is the principal at my son's school. She exhibits daily the same characteristics that she punishes children for. She is a heartless bully and has no business disciplining anyones child. How can you punish children when the expectations are not modeled?
excuss me 2

Delaware, OH

#12 Apr 2, 2012
CL Parent wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately she is the principal at my son's school. She exhibits daily the same characteristics that she punishes children for. She is a heartless bully and has no business disciplining anyones child. How can you punish children when the expectations are not modeled?
I liked her I was her student the first year she tought AJ yes she was rough but for a good reason if u would treat her with respect she would do the same I'd have to say she was the best principal I had through school
get your facts straight

United States

#13 Jul 20, 2012
Barbara hyatt wrote:
I hated this short old troll! She needs to be sent to jail. Mr Summerville, which was he assistant was also fired from KCS. He was involved in this mess. Ms Woo, held a donation to the Susan g. Comen foundation . And kept it for herself ! What a witch!
Mr Summerville did not get fired he is the principal at Ann Bailey Elementary and has been for 2 years and is doing a wonderful job.
whackkydoo

AOL

#14 Mar 3, 2013
WOO-TOXIC BOSS SYNDROME wrote:
Eight dances on school time,$5.00 per student to attend. Why are dances being held on school time? Shouldnít students receive a ticket anytime money is collected? Where does the money go? How do we know how much was made? I know all students donít attend, but even if 100 students donít attend that still leaves over 500 students at five dollars a person. Students also had to pay to attend a faculty student ballgame again on school time and the cost was three dollars for admission to this event.
ē There are always donations being taken for various reasons and it is not for one day. This went on for nine weeks at a time. At lunch the students who donated were then able to go outside to eat and socialize with their friends. Students who did not donated had to sit by home base and often times have silent lunch. Many students can not afford to bring in donations every day and this borders on EXTORTION! When students did not bring in money, they were yelled at for not having a donation. Lunch D-Hall students have to go last for their lunch and many times there is nothing left on the salad bar. These students donít get the choices of everyone else regardless if they are free lunch or paid lunch. There was also a raffle where students who bought chances were allowed to go outside. But they had to buy one each day. This went on for over a week. A drawing was then held at the track meet. T-shirts were also sold on several occasions and students were told to bring in cash. Again all cash.ē Tickets are never given out at games or in random fashion. How is this accounted for? I would assume that gate receipts or tickets would match money taken in, and this would be reviewed by the county. My question is if tickets are not being given out at the games, how could they match up later in any accounting procedure? It would appear to be done after the fact because tickets are not given out at the time of payment. At the dances,$5.00 a student, how many actually attend? Some kids canít afford to attend, some kids go home early, so how much money is being taken in for these events? These are basic accounting procedures. I have worked in the concession stand and at the end of the evening, the money box was taken directly to Ms. Woo whom I assume solely counts the funds.
OMG - you need a life!!!!!
Ms. Woo is well liked where I come from. She has been a wonderful Administrator and Teacher who just happens to know her business. Sounds lilke you have a personal ax to grind. Probably cause your lil brat got his/her ass smacked, or should have. lol
dont start

Hurricane, WV

#15 Mar 3, 2013
She was crazy...she came screaming out of her office at me that I needed to go back to class and change my shirt!!! I was 21 at the time and 8 months pregnant!!!
seriously

Charleston, WV

#16 Jul 3, 2013
As a parent that has kids in the Cross Lanes area, I have to say that I am completely irrirated with CLES & AJMS! The administration @ both schools are incompetent! Teachers keep leaving CLES, why? I have seen 3 principals @ the school, until the current one came, Ms. Vanessa Brown, no teacher left. Now, they are all leaving. She is staffing the school with her "friends" and from personal experience, she is a bully.
As for AJMS, Ms. Rhonda Donahoe hasn't a clue what she what she is doing...@ all! Ms. Epling should NOT be a vice principal @ all. I wish Ron Duering and the rest of the Kanawha County BOE would do sone investigating and truly clean house!
Parent

Scott Depot, WV

#17 Aug 8, 2013
V. Brown is an evil bitch. My daughter started Kindergarten at CLES a few years ago. It was 96+ degrees on the first day of school and at the end of the day the kids are brought outside to wait for their parents to pick them up in the "pick up line" which is basically the equivalent to shoving the kids in the first car that comes up to claim them (she even let a kid go with a parent who had no custody/visitation of their child- and the child was missing for several hours). Anyway, back to my story, it was 96+ outside and the kids are brought outside to stand for a good long while in the heat while the teachers are parading around under their umbrellas. I walked across the street to get my child because she suffers from heart problems that are brought on by intense heat. When I go to get my child, she says "Oh no, parents have to wait over there until the parent line is over" And I said "Bullshit, my daughter is over there and she is overheating, you will let me over there now". By now, my daughter is crying because she sees me, she's tired and hot and sick and they aren't letting me over there to her. So my husband busts through, gets my daughter, but not before some asshole comes and puts his hands all over my husband. Long story short, cops were called, we told the principal off and the next day, we transferred her to another school nearby and it has been pleasant ever since. Teachers are leaving CLES and it is a shame because it used to be a nice school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kanawha County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Charleston Sends Warning For Uncut Lawns (May '13) Apr 12 Delta 22
Investigators search for missing St. Albans woman Mar '15 fish-hound 3
News CPD Prostitution Sting Nets Five Arrests (Jun '14) Mar '15 Tom Clark 19
News Nine arrested in stolen ATV plot (Sep '12) Mar '15 Wow 310
News Clendenin Man Arrested After Alleged Bath Salt ... (Mar '11) Mar '15 princess2015 4
News Kindergarten Student Found Alone After Getting ... (Aug '14) Feb '15 Mom 3
News Busy Kanawha County public defender's office ha... Feb '15 veteran 1
More from around the web