Breast Cancer Awareness

Breast Cancer Awareness

There are 5 comments on the WCHS-TV Charleston story from Oct 10, 2012, titled Breast Cancer Awareness. In it, WCHS-TV Charleston reports that:

Kristin Keeling Videographer: John Tincher Web Producer: Jeff Morris Reported: Oct.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCHS-TV Charleston.

hle

Charleston, WV

#1 Oct 10, 2012
We're aware. Now what about other types of cancer?
Enough already

Martinsburg, WV

#2 Oct 10, 2012
Thank you hle! Thank you! I have been saying the same thing for some time now. Actually i am beginning to feel that a lot of the money being raised and so forth is being scammed from somewhere, but that's for another day.
phil galfond

Huntington, WV

#3 Oct 10, 2012
breast cancer is the perfect corporate charity. Watch the movie pink ribbon. A lot of the money goes to other things beside cancer research. like political campaigns and in the pockets of the ppl running it. Susan g koman ring any bells. I agree it's time to look at other cancer.
hle

Charleston, WV

#4 Oct 11, 2012
At the risk of being a little gross, I always wondered...colorectal cancer is serious and deadly. Why no brown ribbons? Anyway, I think Susan G. Komen started out as a good idea and they did a lot of good at first with breast cancer awareness, which WAS needed at that point. Breast cancer wasn't even discussed then. However, now they've gotten too big for their britches and their focus seemed to shift from breast cancer awareness to Susan G. Komen (the organization, not the person) awareness. They went around trying to "pink" everything! They have alienated many of their initial supporters, one of which was me. And yes Enough and Phil, I think when they reached that point corruption almost certainly became a part of the picture.
Renee

Mchenry, IL

#5 Oct 13, 2012
I agree that there is a lot of backing when it comes to breast cancer. I wish that other cancers could get more recognition. But now that I have found myself with breast cancer I love to see pink everywhere. Until it touches you or someone in your family you may not understand. And no surprise that women can build this kind of awareness!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kanawha County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police Say Home Where Neglect Arrests Made In D... (Jul '14) Feb 16 Knows first hand 9
News Jury sides with Subaru in product liability claim Feb 5 urr 1
News Charleston Police Officer Placed On Adminstrati... (Sep '12) Feb 5 Useful Idiot 50
White Trash Jan 28 cabin girl 2
Kanawha Electric Jan 21 Observer 1
News Olcott recalled in Ryan's latest book Dec '16 Tom Clark 13
News Charleston lawyer charged with narcotics posses... (Sep '09) Dec '16 Bobknob 4
More from around the web