Longtime Sissonville principal retires

Longtime Sissonville principal retires

There are 27 comments on the Charleston Daily Mail story from May 22, 2012, titled Longtime Sissonville principal retires. In it, Charleston Daily Mail reports that:

The e-mail address that you supply to use this service will only be used to send the requested article.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Daily Mail.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hes a liar

Charleston, WV

#21 Jun 3, 2012
Thankful wrote:
The negative remarks about Mr. McKinney are obviously from the people that had problems with their children (or problems with themselves). They're probably the ones that think their baby does no wrong. He did a great job. Not a one of you negative people could fill his shoes at any given time.
I personally know a student who went all thru school as an excellent student, when their senior year came around, this student got into some trouble. This great principal you speak of promised the kid if they finished the year in night school and didn't get in anymore trouble they could walk with their class. The student kept their end of the deal, finishing in night school and no more trouble...but the great principal didn't keep his end of the deal. He refused to let this kid walk with the class.
When the student's mother called this great principal, the coward hung up on her!!
Now, tell me where it is written that lying to kids is a good example?!?!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#22 Jun 3, 2012
Hes a liar wrote:
<quoted text>I personally know a student who went all thru school as an excellent student, when their senior year came around, this student got into some trouble. This great principal you speak of promised the kid if they finished the year in night school and didn't get in anymore trouble they could walk with their class. The student kept their end of the deal, finishing in night school and no more trouble...but the great principal didn't keep his end of the deal. He refused to let this kid walk with the class.
When the student's mother called this great principal, the coward hung up on her!!
you must be talking about my kid. My kid wasn't perfect but he did keep his end if the deal but the SOB didn't. And yes, the a$$ hung up on me not once but twice. Oh and yes, it would be hard to fill his shoes. NOT!

Location hidden

#23 Jun 3, 2012
Oh and by the way, he said there wasn't a drug problem at SHS even though my kid said pills were handed out on the ben franklin bus like it was candy.
concerned

Ardsley, NY

#24 Jun 3, 2012
Hes a liar wrote:
<quoted text>I personally know a student who went all thru school as an excellent student, when their senior year came around, this student got into some trouble. This great principal you speak of promised the kid if they finished the year in night school and didn't get in anymore trouble they could walk with their class. The student kept their end of the deal, finishing in night school and no more trouble...but the great principal didn't keep his end of the deal. He refused to let this kid walk with the class.
I know for a fact he let 3 of the night school kids walk with their class this year at graduation!!! Which he really should not have . If a kid can't behave and do what he/she is supposed to why should they have the privilege to walk at graduation.

Location hidden

#25 Jun 3, 2012
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>I know for a fact he let 3 of the night school kids walk with their class this year at graduation!!! Which he really should not have . If a kid can't behave and do what he/she is supposed to why should they have the privilege to walk at graduation.
i would've not cared one way or the other if my kid walked or not but don't flat out lie and tell me my kid can walk if he holds up his end of the deal then be a di** and say he can't a few days before?!
Hes a liar

Charleston, WV

#26 Jun 4, 2012
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
I know for a fact he let 3 of the night school kids walk with their class this year at graduation!!! Which he really should not have . If a kid can't behave and do what he/she is supposed to why should they have the privilege to walk at graduation.
I'm not saying what this kid did was right or that he shouldn't have been punished!!! What I said was, this kid was a great student until his senior year and had never been in any kind of trouble. And was always on the honor roll....in his senior year he got mixed up with the wrong crowd and got in trouble.... McKinney PROMISED him if he would finish the year in night school and stay out of trouble - WHICH HE DID - then he could walk with his class.
This wasn't about whether or not the kid was punished, because he was, he had to go to night school! My point is that McKinney LIED to him!! Tell me, what kind of example is that???
AEJ

Ardsley, NY

#27 Jun 7, 2012
This so called saint of a principle, told my cousin, who was battling leukemia and had been for years, that he didn't think she'd live long enough to see graduation day. He's a heartless SOB!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kanawha County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PPHS baseball team caught DUI Sun Mike 1
News Man Arrested After Allegedly Using Cattle Prod ... (Feb '11) Apr 1 dablues 5
News $10,000 Reward Offered For Info Leading To Arre... (Apr '14) Mar '17 One who knows 4
News Charleston lawyer charged with narcotics posses... (Sep '09) Mar '17 Nurse Durkin 6
What are the police paid for. (Sep '16) Mar '17 Gee 8
News Charleston Police Officer Placed On Adminstrati... (Sep '12) Mar '17 Taxpayer 48
News Police Say Home Where Neglect Arrests Made In D... (Jul '14) Feb '17 Knows first hand 9
More from around the web