Korff Found not Guilty of Attempted Aggravated Murder; Guilty of Attempted Assault

Mar 4, 2008 Full story: KAJO-AM Grants Pass 14

AT FOUR O'CLOCK THIS AFTERNOON, A JOSEPHINE COUNTY JURY REACHED A VERDICT IN THE CASE OF KURTIS KERN KORFF. via KAJO-AM Grants Pass

Full Story
Gualala

AOL

#1 Mar 5, 2008
This county needs to bring itself up to date with the rest of the world and stop wrongful police shootings. This shooting of Korff was not necessary and cost the county a substantial amount money that could have gone to other services. The District Attorney and the Judge in this case need to repremanded for their actions in this trial.
turpingj

Eugene, OR

#2 Mar 6, 2008
I sat through the entire trial and found it quite interesting when Deputy Jim Geiger did not care where his partner, Deputy Brad Johnson, was when he began a volley of six shots in the direction of not just Mr. Korff but in the direction of his partner. He testified that he did not know where Deputy Johnson was and that he did not care. Those were his words.

Deputy Johnson, on the other hand, testified that he took care not to take a shot when he thought it may hit his partner, Deputy Geiger.

Sounds like Deputy Geiger panicked and that Deputy Johnson kept in control. Who would you prefer as a partner out there? I know who I would not like to depend on to back me up if I were a Sheriff's deputy.
Go Away KKK

Grants Pass, OR

#3 Mar 8, 2008
Gualala wrote:
This county needs to bring itself up to date with the rest of the world and stop wrongful police shootings. This shooting of Korff was not necessary and cost the county a substantial amount money that could have gone to other services. The District Attorney and the Judge in this case need to repremanded for their actions in this trial.
A felon in possesion of a firearm?
Sounds like he was the one looking for trouble.
He found it.
Too bad the officer wasnít a better shot.
CJRedneck

Myrtle Creek, OR

#4 Mar 12, 2008
Go Away KKK wrote:
<quoted text>
A felon in possesion of a firearm?
Sounds like he was the one looking for trouble.
He found it.
Too bad the officer wasnít a better shot.
lmfao, Truly you are ignorant of the circumstances. Although there were firearms present... Korff was never in possession of a firearm.
The officer a better shot? Hell... he couldn't even get out of his own way! He shot in the direction of his partner w/o even knowing where his partner was, which is why his partner only fired once.
You seem to have picked a good handle for yourself... go away !
Down with Kal

Brno, Czech Republic

#5 Mar 13, 2008
Kurtis' brother has made this case the subject of several (truly terrible) columns for learners of English in the Czech Republic. See the top six stories at:
http://klikni.idnes.cz/clanky.asp...
Go Away KKK

Grants Pass, OR

#6 Mar 13, 2008
CJRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
lmfao, Truly you are ignorant of the circumstances. Although there were firearms present... Korff was never in possession of a firearm.
The officer a better shot? Hell... he couldn't even get out of his own way! He shot in the direction of his partner w/o even knowing where his partner was, which is why his partner only fired once.
[Chuckles. Sighs. Shakes head in a pitying manner.]

Sounds to like the only person who is going away is KKK.

Regarding the definition of "possession" (a word Iím *SURE* KKK is familiar with);
The word "possession" includes actual as well as constructive possession, and also sole as well as joint possession.
A person who has direct physical control of something on or around his person is in actual possession of it.
A person who is not in actual possession, but who has both the power and the intention to later take control over something either alone or together with someone else, is in constructive possession of it.
CJRedneck

United States

#7 Mar 21, 2008
[rolls eyes and laughs]
Well, you can read definitions... that's great! But, for you to assume to know another persons intentions makes your statement unworthy of presentation, maybe you should run for JoCo. Dist Attorney!
GeorgeCruzIsAPig

Grants Pass, OR

#8 Mar 25, 2008
CJRedneck wrote:
[rolls eyes and laughs]
Well, you can read definitions... that's great! But, for you to assume to know another persons intentions makes your statement unworthy of presentation, maybe you should run for JoCo. Dist Attorney!
{smirks}

Seems I'm in good company.

And, Thank You! I accept the nomination and will run on the White Trash Removal platform.
Go Away KKK

Grants Pass, OR

#9 Mar 25, 2008
CJRedneck wrote:
[rolls eyes and laughs]
{smirks}

Seems I'm in good company.

And, Thank You! I accept the nomination and will run on the White Trash Removal platform.
Robert Montgomery

Union City, CA

#10 Jun 8, 2008
The facts remains, Kurtis Korff was found Not Guilty and that's the end of it.
Hewillbeback

Levittown, PA

#11 Jun 22, 2008
Its like the OJ Trail all over.(just a different story) This guy has been in trouble with the law for years. I personally know both Kurtis and Deputy Geiger, and personally i am,"sick and tired" of people feeling sorry for these losers, and cry about how unfair they are treated, etc.. Just remember who we're calling when these losers are breaking into your home or what have it. Our sheriffs dept. are human too, and there lifes are just as important. Deputy Geiger in self defense did what anybody would of done after falling in mud and now headlights are coming right for him, with no intent of slowing down. Jim Geiger, I know what you Have done for us in the past and im glad your out there risking your life for ours.
CJRedneck

United States

#12 Jun 23, 2008
Your right about the OJ thing, only this time, OJ had a badge. Nobody gives a popcorn fart what you are tired of either.
balboski

Randle, WA

#13 Oct 23, 2011
CJRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The cop indeed hit Korff in the head with his shot the bullet exploded on his head I should kno I was in prison with him do your research first ass
Marlena Korff

Vancouver, WA

#14 Oct 21, 2013
I think it doesn't matter what any1 thinks at any point here and foreword .
Bottom line both him and the officer in ? Are alive and that's what matters.
So stop this back and forth bickering and do your own inventory instead of worrying about some1 else's .
I am separated but not divorced from him and never would I say he would intentionally
Try to kill another Human being.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josephine County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man pleads guilty in stabbing at Grants Pass bar Nov '14 truth seeker 1
'We believe these two were responsible for a lo... Jul '14 Tweakers Will Crash 2
Josephine County murderer Timothy Waddell found... (May '10) May '14 Anonymous 4
Jackson County, Oregon, Approves GMO Ban (May '14) May '14 Oregonbythesea 1
Life sentence for Grants Pass man for sex abuse (Jul '13) Sep '13 Johnny 9
Kitzhaber promotes county rescue plan, warns he... (Jun '13) Jun '13 illcommandante 1
Josephine County animal shelter faces closure (Apr '10) Jun '13 more 7
More from around the web