Lenoir Co. unemployment drops by one-half percent

Oct 29, 2011 Full story: Kinston Free Press

The Lenoir County unemployment rate for September was half of a percentage point lower than the rate for August, but unemployment in Lenoir and surrounding counties remained above 10 percent or dangerously close to it last month, according to statistics released late last week by the N.C. Employment Security Commission.

Full Story
fzld

Charlotte, NC

#1 Nov 4, 2011
this and other similar reports the media spouts, along with analysts and politicians pushing an agenda, usually mean nothing. Consider, there could be a huge increase in the number of actual people unemployed and a huge decrease in the unemployment rate. how? if benefit terms expired. they drop off the rolls. it doesn't mean they are now employed. this also doesn't count the self-employed who are out of work, or the under-employed.
Common Sense

Barnesville, OH

#2 Nov 5, 2011
I think you are correct. I also think it's a reflection of people leaving the area to find opportunity. In my profession, I see a lot of people every day. More and more people are moving.
Really

Jupiter, FL

#3 Nov 5, 2011
You're posting to the wrong forum. This is not Lenoir County.
fzld

Charlotte, NC

#4 Nov 7, 2011
correct, but story the same.
Big Boy

Chesterfield, MO

#5 Nov 7, 2011
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!!! !!!! That's scary as hell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jones County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
man swallows cocaine Nov 1 Beaver Creek 2
tired of danny heath Nov 1 Jones Co Resident 2
Jones County couple accused of insurance fraud (Sep '13) Nov '13 jalene 11
mug shot of the balls,that was arrested for fr... (Sep '13) Sep '13 tristam 1
Two arrested, others sought in Pink Hill meth l... (Sep '13) Sep '13 jalene 1
New Beer Army Brewery On Tap For Trenton In Jon... (Nov '12) Nov '12 waterboy 1
Contractor From New Bern Accused Of Defrauding ... (Sep '12) Sep '12 LindaH 5

Jones County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE