Groups ask for NC sheriff's ouster

Sep 19, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WCNC

Almost two dozen civil rights groups are asking for the resignation of a North Carolina sheriff who has come under fire for incendiary statements about Latinos.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15

“Home In Georgia Now”

Since: Jul 07

The "City of Gold" in Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

Judged:

I got a better idea. I want these groups to prove his statements untrue. Stand your ground Sheriff. You have a hell of a lot more on your side than against you.
101ABretired

Sanford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

Judged:

The Sheriff == a real American Patriot
Civil Rights for illegal aliens == traitors, and they should be investigated to where are they getting all that money from.
Come ON

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Judged:

The sheriff obviously had poor judgment in making those remarks. They were not appropriate. Neither the sheriff nor anyone else can categorize an entire race, illegal or not. Just because you're Latino doesn't mean you're trashy. If you think so, then you're kidding yourself. Whites, Blacks, Asians, Europeans can all be "trashy." We are all people and we're all different. It really is that simple. And when you negatively categorize people together then it makes you a bigot. Google it just in case you don't understand what it means. For all you guys that think he's right, I feel sorry for you and your lack of understanding of the world. Why are you so afraid of Mexicans? In fact, I'm sure you're also afraid of Jews, Catholics, Persians, and anyone else that's different from you. Maybe you guys can drop by the Mexican President's house and see if he's "trashy." It might be a good change of scenery.
Haha yeah they must also steal all their money from the white folk!

“Home In Georgia Now”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Judged:

I have no issue with any race. Only "ILLEGAL ALIENS" and their "ANCHOR BABIES". I want all "ILLEGAL ALIENS" gone from this country. I want their lives to be a living hell, wrought with fear with each breath they take. They do not deserve one moments peace and happiness here. Seems that the Latino/Mexican community were as happy as could be while NC was the mecca for "ILLEGAL ALIENS". Now that you have some Sheriff's with a backbone who are are taking part in the 287g program and rounding up these invaders they are whining like little school girls.

“Home In Georgia Now”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Judged:

Some more good reading about all these wonderful folks from "South of the Border".

http://www.house.gov/mccaul/pdf/Investigaions...
John

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

John In North Carolina wrote:
I got a better idea. I want these groups to prove his statements untrue. Stand your ground Sheriff. You have a hell of a lot more on your side than against you.
AMEN to that!!
Connie

Pittsboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

Judged:

In my opinion, someone is “pulling the wool over” the eyes of Johnston Co.
I live on the same road as steve bizzell and he did NOT protect and serve me.
A hunter put out scraps mixed w/ a deadly pesticide Counter. I became sick 3 times after dealing with animals dying in my garden and holding a dying pet full of the poison. I nearly died in the hospital and have my medical records to prove it!
. steve bizzell stated to my sister that he knew who was doing the poisoning, and in fact had known it FOR YEARS!
In the end all I got, when the cases were dropped, was ILD, dead pets and other animals , and a knowlege that was NO JUSTICE FOR ME AND NONE FOR THE DOZENS OF ANIMALS THAT WERE MURDERED. ALL UNDER THE WATCHFUL EYE OF THE sHERIFF!
The cases were closed and never resolved.
He will have to answer to a higher being, to explain the reason he allowed this serial animal killer to get away with murder of all those poor animals…… And knowing I was sick and sat back and did nothing….. Oh he did say quote “I made it hot and he got out of the kitchen” one of his great mediphors.
In my opinion, the hunters and farmers (who found dead animals on their land) and the farmer that sold the poison to begin with… wanted these cases to “go away” and they did.
Connie House-Harmon
bizzell Grove Church Road
the imposter

Conway, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

Judged:

Just say no to racism and xenophobia.

“Home In Georgia Now”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

Connie a law enforcement officer may say he/she "knows" or "thinks" he/she knows who is doing something, but unless he/she has the proof needed to bring charges, they are unable to do anything. I have worked many cases where my gut instinct told me who was responsible, but I had to have that proof to get the person brought up on charges. The sad part is even if you get the proof, you still have to get the District Attorney or Solicitor in some cases to bring the charges. I have seen that happen too. So there is the argument that even if the Sheriff in your case had proof, the case may have been shot down by someone higher up the chain. It sucks that you suffered as you did and animals died as the result of a sorry person using poison.

“Home In Georgia Now”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

Judged:

the imposter wrote:
Just say no to racism and xenophobia.
Just say YES to deportation of all "ILLEGAL ALIENS". No race, sex, age, national origin exempted.
Fred

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

John maybe you could come down here. Would you consider relocating? We need good men like you.
BlueNC

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

Judged:

Enforce and Fund the Laws,
Arrest and Deport them all,

Jail time for employers,
and lets put land mines on the borders.

Sheriff Bizzell for Governor (write-in). At long last, someone will speak the truth.
Connie

Pittsboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

Judged:

John In NC said "So there is the argument that even if the Sheriff in your case had proof, the case may have been shot down by someone higher up the chain"

I understand where you're coming from but don't sometimes you have to go by who had the means, opportunity, and motive?

There were dozens of animals that died.
6 different times poison was put out and killed animals AFTER the investigation began... In my case, if even there was A CHANCH that I was poisoned shouldn't it have investigated to the highest authority?
NCDA and sheriff only took 2 cases of animals that were poisoned, 2 dead Jack Russells, and carried it to the DA. They didn't even mention to him that I was sick. Of couse the DA refused. Does that sound like they were dedicated in solving these cases? They had overwhelming evident.

NCDA gave the suspect 4 days to burn what they thought was a pesticide burn pile before they collected a sample from the burn pile.(He started cleaning out his barn within minutes of NCDA"S Crabtree finding a poison site and started burning.) We were told they were waiting for it to "cool down." 4 DAYS AND NIGHTS??!!!

It burned DAY AND NIGHT SMOKING UP THE NEIGHBORHOOD!

NCDA and sheriff's officers had a farmer bury poisoned animals and 5 gallons of pesticide-laced scraps. What does that sound like to you?
----------
from Circumstantial’— the Scarlet C?
Direct or not, evidence is evidence
By Alex Johnson MSNBC

A good, strong circumstantial case is often better than an eyewitness account.”
Not only can circumstantial evidence be extraordinarily persuasive, but it can often be stronger than direct evidence — stronger than eyewitness testimony or even, sometimes, a confession.
Both direct evidence and circumstantial evidence are acceptable as a means of proof,“Neither is entitled to any greater weight than the other.”
“I am always astonished by the view that abounds in our society that circumstantial
evidence is somehow not good enough,” Garland said.“... Circumstantial evidence
is nothing more than what we live by on a daily basis as a matter of common sense.”

“Home In Georgia Now”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

Judged:

Fred wrote:
John maybe you could come down here. Would you consider relocating? We need good men like you.
Thanks Fred. I appreciate the offer. I was in NC for 16 months,November 06 to April 08. It was an eye opening experience for me. My wife hated it so much that after 10 days I moved her back to our home in Ga. Of course I made the mistake of moving close to Crabtree Mall area.

I was able to transfer to a plant in Ga but am still 300 miles from my family. I made some great friends in NC and keep in touch with them. I have never said anything bad about the legal citizens of NC, only the fact that NC has been a mecca for "ILLEGAL ALIENS" for years, the legislature is corrupt, the Governor is a sleazebag, the taxes are outrageous, there are fees out the wazoo for everything they can think of. The fuel tax is the highest in the SE and was just recently raised to the highest allowed by law. Thankfully there are some changes coming about by law enforcement in NC to rid NC of these "ILLEGAL ALIEN" invaders. NC is a beautiful state from the mountains in the Wast to the Outer Banks in the East.
Connie

Pittsboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

Judged:

John said "I want all "ILLEGAL ALIENS" gone from this country." I agree.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Johnston County Discussions

Search the Johnston County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Diego Reyes and Francisco Javier Zuniga (Aug '09) Nov '13 The King 18
Illegal alien charged with sexually assaulting ... (Oct '13) Nov '13 Searl magnetic 5
Clayton police arrest 5 in drug bust (Jun '07) Aug '13 No name 12
First “legal” brewery opens in Johnst... (Apr '13) Apr '13 ddog 1
Body found in car, days after it was towed (Apr '13) Apr '13 tesa 1
Police identify woman who died in Four Oaks bar... (Mar '13) Mar '13 old friend 3
Man accused of raping a 16-year-old member of h... (Jun '09) Dec '12 Mack 10
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••