Illegal Gambling Ring Broken In Johns...

Illegal Gambling Ring Broken In Johnston Co.

There are 2 comments on the NBC 17 story from Sep 11, 2007, titled Illegal Gambling Ring Broken In Johnston Co.. In it, NBC 17 reports that:

An illegal gambling ring has been broken in Johnston County. Discuss This Story In all, 71 people were charged with violating state gambling laws.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 17.

Raleigh, NC

#1 Mar 31, 2008
You know, why don't they just allow card rooms (gambling) in North Carolina? How does making card playing for money illegal really protect the citiczens of NC?

NC could be collecting tax revenues from these gambling establishments. Plus less people would be encouraged to leave the state to spend money on gambling trips OUTSIDE of the state. This includes money spent on gambling, dining, entertainment, lodging, etc. The money all trickles down to the local economies.

The religious right just don't get it. We are in the 21st century. Get with it!!

Richlands, NC

#2 Apr 16, 2008
Free country? I don't think so!

Why are there laws against gambling anyhow? They should have something better to do than steal everyone's freedom just because of their interpretation of their faith says that they shouldn't gamble. What about people who don't believe what they do?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnston County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man accused of raping a 16-year-old member of h... (Jun '09) May '15 Holywoman50 11
News 5 from Wake Co. charged in Clayton homicide (Sep '11) May '15 Jonathan 4
Raleigh activists calls for full accountability... (Dec '14) Dec '14 no justice 1
News Illegal alien charged with sexually assaulting ... (Oct '13) Dec '14 no justice 6
News Diego Reyes and Francisco Javier Zuniga (Aug '09) Nov '13 The King 18
News Clayton police arrest 5 in drug bust (Jun '07) Aug '13 No name 12
News First “legal” brewery opens in Johnst... (Apr '13) Apr '13 ddog 1
More from around the web