The Commerce Connector: What they're saying

A round up of early reviews on the governor's plan to build an Indianapolis beltway toll road through the counties east and south of Indy: House Speaker Brian Bosma: 'intriguing solution' Outgoing House Speaker ... Full Story
John Michael Elias

United States

#1 Nov 9, 2006
IMPEACH DANIELS!!!

Why does he think Hoosiers will embrace East Coast values like toll roads?
Kelly

Cleveland, OH

#2 Nov 9, 2006
Hate it!!! We moved to Pendleton to get away from all of this and now they are bringing it right to us!!
Ron

New Albany, IN

#3 Nov 9, 2006
I'm sure Mitch will be a big butt about the whole thing and push it through before the new year. Afterall, he is known for selling off Indiana rather then taking responsibility for anything. Privitize, privitize....I think that's all we have learned from Mitch being our govenor, I just can't wait until we unseat him!!
Bob

United States

#4 Nov 9, 2006
Maybe people should really study in-depth and understand the Pro's & Con's to the concept before they start firing off such strong negative opinions. Mr. Elias, please show more restraint than firing off with irresponsible statements like "Impeach Daniels". Since when did merely proposing a idea become an impeachable offense in America? I'll be performing extensive study before I form any strong opinions.
dave from gary

Davenport, IA

#5 Nov 9, 2006
What a terrible idea. The farmlands in central Indiana is where Daniels' supposed ethanol action plan will come from.
Now he wants to plow through it for another road?
Daniels is awful - he's whoring out the state for the almighty dollar.
Wendy Paige

Shelbyville, IN

#6 Nov 9, 2006
I just moved from Marion County to get away from the craziness of 465. Please do not eat up any more farmland and come disturb those of us who like the rural setting.
Prop48Killer

New Albany, IN

#7 Nov 10, 2006
Narrow minded poop.
Steven Schindler PE

United States

#8 Nov 16, 2006
I guess you stupid, backwards Hoosiers prefer driving on overloaded two-lane deathtraps like State Route 9 between Pendleton and Greenfield.
And you wonder why Indiana is losing jobs? Indiana's highway system is the worst in the midwest by far.
Since Indianapolis does not have enough freeways, I-465 is overloaded since there are no other routes available (unless you want to drive on two-lane highways or sit at traffic signals all the time).
GO MITCH!!!!
The reason for the bypass

AOL

#9 Nov 16, 2006
george clupper

Auburn Hills, MI

#10 Dec 8, 2006
What a stupid idea to build a road like that. What's more we need to get rid of Mitch impeach,impeach,impeach ,for being a trator to state employees also.
Darren

Phoenix, AZ

#11 Feb 2, 2007
Wendy Paige wrote:
I just moved from Marion County to get away from the craziness of 465. Please do not eat up any more farmland and come disturb those of us who like the rural setting.
It's the 21st Century. Get used to the developement. You live near a large city, so get used to it.
Darren

Phoenix, AZ

#12 Feb 2, 2007
When are you backwards, anti-Commerce Connector and Illiana opposers going to get the clue?

We live in the 21st Centry and it is a time for devlopement. There's TOO much traffic on 465 and 69 and Indy is big enough to need another beltway. Even slighty-smaller San Antonio has two beltways, so why not Indy? I've been thinking of something like this for ages. I think it's great and is long overdue. It will also help create funds to build I-69 to Evansville. That should have happended decades ago. Plus it will help elleviate congestion on I-94 in NW IN.

People are sick of congestion. The trafic's getting worse. Why is it so hard for people to understand that?Why is it that so many people are adamant about driving on two-lane state highways with stoplights rather than taking an interstate. It's faster and more direct. Plus it will create devlopement even further out so the outer areas from Indy can expand. It's called growth and developement. I want Indy to grow more anyways. Although not everyone would agree with me.
Darren

Phoenix, AZ

#13 Feb 2, 2007
Bob wrote:
Maybe people should really study in-depth and understand the Pro's & Con's to the concept before they start firing off such strong negative opinions. Mr. Elias, please show more restraint than firing off with irresponsible statements like "Impeach Daniels". Since when did merely proposing a idea become an impeachable offense in America? I'll be performing extensive study before I form any strong opinions.
I agree. Thank you. People need to examine the pros and cons. I personaly favor it, but not everyone would agree with me.
Darren

Phoenix, AZ

#14 Feb 2, 2007
Steven Schindler PE wrote:
I guess you stupid, backwards Hoosiers prefer driving on overloaded two-lane deathtraps like State Route 9 between Pendleton and Greenfield.
And you wonder why Indiana is losing jobs? Indiana's highway system is the worst in the midwest by far.
Since Indianapolis does not have enough freeways, I-465 is overloaded since there are no other routes available (unless you want to drive on two-lane highways or sit at traffic signals all the time).
GO MITCH!!!!
Yes, go Mitch. If IN truly calls itself the "Crossroads of America", then it should back it up with action. But Indiana is not backwards, ok. Stop stereotyping. AZ is really backwards, if you think Indiana. And IN is not the worst in the Midwest either. Try going to Michigan. I lived there for 8 years and you cant get around anywhere. If you want to build a badly-needed freeway exit, they scream. Trust me, MI and AZ is bad and Indiana not so much. I'd pick Indiana any day over those states. They are as anti-development and backwards as you get.
Darren

Phoenix, AZ

#15 Feb 2, 2007
John Michael Elias wrote:
IMPEACH DANIELS!!!
I say, lets impeach you!
Question Authority

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Feb 4, 2007
Instead of Moving Forward, Order Lawmakers Order More Studies.

The Studies Are Complete, Lets See Some Action.

Indianapolis MultiModal Transportation Plan.
http://www.indympo.org/NR/rdonlyres/eetg3nnjm...

Indianapolis Mass Transit Studies
http://imaps.indygov.org/ed_portal/template.a...
jose

Newington, CT

#17 Feb 20, 2007
John Michael Elias wrote:
IMPEACH DANIELS!!!
Daniels comes from a small little town called Monongahela, Pa. There was a new highway jammed down the throats of the people there, that was suppose to bring commerce. It never did!! Perhaps he should study that.
JEF

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Feb 21, 2007
If this "Commerce Connector" is so needed and will be such a great thing, why is it only going around the north east, east, south and south west side of Indianapolis? Why was the “Commerce Connector" not proposed as a complete loop around Indianapolis? Could it be because Mitch and his wealthy supporters wanted it in someone else’s backyard, but not their own?
Herb D

United States

#19 Mar 5, 2007
Darren wrote:
When are you backwards, anti-Commerce Connector and Illiana opposers going to get the clue?
If this were your land they were trying to take and destroy then you might have a different opinion about this whole thing.
Timjam

Cincinnati, OH

#20 Mar 5, 2007
I twont make a difference, they ahve been talking up the I69 thing for more than 20 years and still havent built it, they spent a hell of a lot of money on it already though!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Girls Inc. programs help build girls' self-esteem (Dec '11) Apr '14 JPT 2
GM Stamping plant recommended as new criminal j... (Mar '14) Mar '14 USS Liberty 1
Johnson County man arrested for child molestation (Dec '13) Dec '13 Ralph Bloomingdale 2
weddings (Oct '13) Oct '13 ima hoosier 1
SWAT team makes arrest at Center Grove apartmen... (Oct '13) Oct '13 HoneyCreekResident 1
Boy, 11, youngest facing murder charge in 90 years (Jul '11) Sep '13 ima hoosier 3
Police: Woman shot hole in neighbor's ceiling i... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Ralph 4
More from around the web