Property tax concerns also are made clear

There are 4 comments on the Jan 25, 2007, The Indianapolis Star story titled Property tax concerns also are made clear. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Some people interjected questions about soaring property taxes at Saturday's town hall meeting at Johnson County Public Library in Franklin.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Dawn

Marysville, OH

#1 Jan 25, 2007
I don't understand why the school boards and transportation departments in this state do not group together to do something about the time zone or getting school start times moved back.
Mike

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Jan 25, 2007
Exempting the Eastern Time Zone portion of Indiana from DST will not solve the morning darkness for schoolchildren waiting for school buses in the dark. It is dark about 4 months of the school year on all year EST (no DST). There are two solutions, Central Time or start school later.

I would like to note that you do not hear about kids being run over by buses in Michigan, Kentucky, Ohio, or any other states that are on the western side of a time zone like Indiana is. They have late sunrises and sunsets just like we do.
wizardfitz

New Albany, IN

#4 Jan 26, 2007
taxes here in indiana are ridiculous. i paid 700 per yr in ny on a 289k house. here i'm paying 3200 on a 160k home. meanwhile all the businesses get tax abatements
hcir

Marengo, OH

#5 Feb 14, 2007
wizardfitz wrote:
taxes here in indiana are ridiculous. i paid 700 per yr in ny on a 289k house. here i'm paying 3200 on a 160k home. meanwhile all the businesses get tax abatements
Property owners on fixed incomes don't stand a chance with this administration.
Vote all them out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Speedrome memorabilia recalls golden era of Ind... Dec '14 Mike Smith 1
News Girls Inc. programs help build girls' self-esteem (Dec '11) Apr '14 JPT 2
News GM Stamping plant recommended as new criminal j... (Mar '14) Mar '14 USS Liberty 1
News Johnson County man arrested for child molestation (Dec '13) Dec '13 Ralph Bloomingdale 2
weddings (Oct '13) Oct '13 ima hoosier 1
News SWAT team makes arrest at Center Grove apartmen... (Oct '13) Oct '13 HoneyCreekResident 1
News Boy, 11, youngest facing murder charge in 90 years (Jul '11) Sep '13 ima hoosier 3
More from around the web