Speak out on Johnson County growth

Speak out on Johnson County growth

There are 8 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Oct 16, 2007, titled Speak out on Johnson County growth. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Johnson County residents will have an opportunity tonight to discuss growth and development issues during a public forum.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Being Watched

Greens Fork, IN

#3 Oct 16, 2007
If it is anything like avon then its going downhill. They call this progress. Heck I cant even get out of my driveway sometimes. The streets are full of cars/trucks. Crime has gone up. Taxes are out of sight.
Give me the good old days.
Nice Guy

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Oct 16, 2007
At the relatively slow growth rate that Johnson County has seen over the past several years, in comparison to Hamilton and Hendricks county, you'd think that the growth that does occur would be more responsible and managed than it has been. There is lots of blame to be passed around on this problem.
Indiana Native

Saint Ann, MO

#6 Oct 16, 2007
As a Johnson County native, I am sick and tired of every time you go past an area that only the week before was a farm field, house or other benign area, there is either a strip mall or a housing development under construction. Why do we need all this, especially the 4,000 + sq. ft. homes with the million dollar price tags? How much space does a family of three or four really need???(My family of five does perfectly well in 1800 sq. ft. and WE HAVE FURNITURE IN ALL OUR ROOMS!)
I pine for the days when I could run or bike the country roads without fear of losing my life to the hoards of people commuting to or from their domiciles.

Enough is ENOUGH!
GRANNY

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Oct 16, 2007
If Carmel can do it- by God we can too!!!
Formerly of Johnson Co

Elk Grove Village, IL

#8 Oct 16, 2007
Indiana Native wrote:
As a Johnson County native, I am sick and tired of every time you go past an area that only the week before was a farm field, house or other benign area, there is either a strip mall or a housing development under construction. Why do we need all this, especially the 4,000 + sq. ft. homes with the million dollar price tags? How much space does a family of three or four really need???(My family of five does perfectly well in 1800 sq. ft. and WE HAVE FURNITURE IN ALL OUR ROOMS!)
I pine for the days when I could run or bike the country roads without fear of losing my life to the hoards of people commuting to or from their domiciles.
Enough is ENOUGH!
I totally agree!
STOP IT

AOL

#9 Oct 16, 2007
We don't need any more.
joebob

Louisville, KY

#10 Oct 16, 2007
you are only complaining about the million+ homes because you can't afford one. If you could, you would be first in line.
Jeff

Westfield, IN

#11 Oct 16, 2007
joebob wrote:
you are only complaining about the million+ homes because you can't afford one. If you could, you would be first in line.
Not everybody is out to show off their money if they have it. Its called modesty. Youshould try it out. People would like you better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Johnson County man arrested for child molestation (Dec '13) Jun 21 Captain Jailbait 10
News Police: Man took pictures of nude boys (Jan '10) Jun 21 dr who 2
News Animal incinerator building needs repairs (Jul '07) May '15 farmerjohn 2
News Speedrome memorabilia recalls golden era of Ind... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Mike Smith 1
News Girls Inc. programs help build girls' self-esteem (Dec '11) Apr '14 JPT 2
News GM Stamping plant recommended as new criminal j... (Mar '14) Mar '14 USS Liberty 1
weddings (Oct '13) Oct '13 ima hoosier 1
More from around the web