Two killed in Johnson Co. accident

Full story: WISH-TV 8 Indiana News

An accident has claimed the lives of two people in Johnson County. Deputy Chief Doug Cox told 24-Hour News 8 a car crashed into a tree near 6445 North 75 West.
Comments
141 - 155 of 155 Comments Last updated Mar 11, 2008
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
whiteland student

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2008

you know when people get on here and leave comments like they know whats going on in whiteland,when they dont.and people who do get on here it makes you look really dumb.two of the boys died only two amir the third is in methidist and is still alive.dont say he is dead.however said he is dead was wrong.
and also it wouldnt be that much diffrent if they werent popular because they still had friends and family who cared about them.both the boys had a sister and a brother each.and think of there parents...
and they are viewed as god students that were in extra cericular attivities because they were cody was in the FFA they all had a love for cars and if your kids truely knew them they would know that.
Whieland Sophmore

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2008

Yes in away this should be viewed in an educational aspect but that doesn't make it easier. These were are classmates people we have been going to school with 4 almost 5 years or more. It doesn't matter if they were popular are not thier still 2 students our class will never graduate with 2 friends we will never share prom with.Most importantly 2 sons who's parents will never have the chance to see thier sons go off to college or get jobs. My heart and prayers go out to thier family's all 3 because don't forget the our 3rd Warrior hasn't recovered fully yet. Our whole school is mourning the lose of our fallen Warriors not for their popularity.For the fact that we see Cody and Justin most, everyday and they have now been taken away in a blink of an eye and none of us got to say goodbye.They will be missed very much.
indiana

New Palestine, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2008

My thoughts and prayers go out to all 3 families.
I think the people that leave there messages on here should be respectful to all 3 families. I did not know any of these young men or their families but it is a tragic loss. I have a 17 yr old son and he drives also. I worry about him every day. I just want to say to all the familes and the friends of these young men i will have you all in my prayers. To Amir's family i hope your son pulls through. God bless each and everyone of these families.
Sorry for you loss

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2008

Just wanted to say that my family and I are very sorry for your loss.
Rip and Stay Strong

Clarksville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2008

I am a high school student in Bloomington but have a few good friends in Whiteland. I have met Amir once and even though I don't know him....I still feel for him and his family. May Cody and Justin rest in peace. May Amir, his family, and the rest of Whiteland stay strong, you will get through this. God Bless.
Missing Him

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

I'm the cousin of one of the boys who was killed in this accident. He was a very responsible, loved boy, and I'm going to miss him terribly.. He wasn't just my cousin, he was one of my best friends.. I love you honey.. I'll see you again soon.
Ellie Johnson

Mount Victory, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

WE Will all miss Justin Minton and Cody Stephenson. We all loved them. It was to go to school with evey onr cring and talking about the crash! All my prays out to them!
Get real

Chrisman, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

Sounds like the poor kid that lived will be in more trouble. Poor kid and his parents...can you say SUE? Hundred bucks says the parents of the kids that got killed already have lawyers.
greenwood mom

Greenwood, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

Does anyone know when the funeral is for Justin?
greenwood mom

Greenwood, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

I have heard that the teens of today, think that the probationary time is "lame" and "no one follows it" .....well...I think as parents we need to figure out how to make them follow it.

The recent events clearly show that the "thrills" of a fast car, verses folling the rules - out way the actual thought process of teens understanding the consequences of their actions. If they are allowed to drive then they should be accountable.

Studies have shown that this realizing that actions can create consequences starts at about 18..yet we think we should let our children drive at 15..and give them carte blance..well as sad as it is..the consequences are brutally laid out before us.

That young man had no business have those two young men with him in the car.

It is a very sad day indeed.

“Nosey just like you”

Since: Feb 08

where I lay my head

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2008

greenwood mom wrote:
I have heard that the teens of today, think that the probationary time is "lame" and "no one follows it" .....well...I think as parents we need to figure out how to make them follow it.
The recent events clearly show that the "thrills" of a fast car, verses folling the rules - out way the actual thought process of teens understanding the consequences of their actions. If they are allowed to drive then they should be accountable.
Studies have shown that this realizing that actions can create consequences starts at about 18..yet we think we should let our children drive at 15..and give them carte blance..well as sad as it is..the consequences are brutally laid out before us.
That young man had no business have those two young men with him in the car.
It is a very sad day indeed.
If I recall correctly the young man was old enough to have the classmates in his car.

Blaming this driver for the passengers being in the car is wrong, unless he was in his porbationary period. I'm curious if the parents knew these teens were in the car.

The driver must accept blame for his irratic driving (if this was the cause) and thus he must accept the reality he caused the death of his classmates.

What state allows a child to drive at 15, unless you are referring to the permit stage where one may drive with a licensed adult in the passenger seat.
Tyler

Greenwood, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2008

PSALMS 23:4 said this, Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me.
These kids payed the ultimate price
R.I.P my brothers
Courtney r tony C

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

god bless & r.i.p. ik wat its like loosin someone
rachael

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2008

i cry everytime i c the news reports bc they were close to me nd they will never b forgotten
rachael

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2008

greenwood mom wrote:
Does anyone know when the funeral is for Justin?
yeah i went to it it was last wed

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Johnson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Girls Inc. programs help build girls' self-esteem (Dec '11) Apr '14 JPT 2
GM Stamping plant recommended as new criminal j... Mar '14 USS Liberty 1
Johnson County man arrested for child molestation (Dec '13) Dec '13 Ralph Bloomingdale 2
weddings (Oct '13) Oct '13 ima hoosier 1
SWAT team makes arrest at Center Grove apartmen... (Oct '13) Oct '13 HoneyCreekResident 1
Boy, 11, youngest facing murder charge in 90 years (Jul '11) Sep '13 ima hoosier 3
Police: Woman shot hole in neighbor's ceiling i... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Ralph 4

Search the Johnson County Forum:
•••