Two killed in Johnson Co. accident

Two killed in Johnson Co. accident

There are 156 comments on the WISH-TV 8 Indiana News story from Feb 29, 2008, titled Two killed in Johnson Co. accident. In it, WISH-TV 8 Indiana News reports that:

An accident has claimed the lives of two people in Johnson County. Deputy Chief Doug Cox told 24-Hour News 8 a car crashed into a tree near 6445 North 75 West.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISH-TV 8 Indiana News.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
AngelaDinWhitela nd

United States

#1 Feb 29, 2008
I am terribly sorry for the loss of these children. County Road 75W has always been a road for fast traveling cars. Hopefully, this will be a very hard lesson learned for future teens traveling this road. My prayers are with the family and friends of the two teens killed in this accident.
Holly Stalets

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Feb 29, 2008
Good bless the two lives that were taken to early and their families...
Prayers to the families

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Feb 29, 2008
This is such a tragic situation. Young children need to be mindful of the fact that their life can be altered (or ended) in a matter of seconds from one poor choice. It is so hard to press upon the mind of our young one’s that they too are mortal. Prayers go out to the families that have been affected by this awful tragedy.
Whiteland Graduate

Muncie, IN

#4 Feb 29, 2008
I graduated from Whiteland in '07 and about two years before, we lost Kelly McPeak in a similar accident. My younger sister knows the boys who passed away and I wanted to express my sympathy to their families.
You guys are in my prayers.
Kevin

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Feb 29, 2008
I feel that teenagers should have certain restrictions when it comes to driving until they are the age of 18. I know myself, when I got my license years and years ago, I was on probation for 90 days and could not travel with any passengers unless they were my parents. The law should restrict the driving of any teenagers under 18 yrs old to not travel with fellow teenagers. I feel it causes too much of a distraction. I know it did for myself. Between loud music, laughing and conversation that can cause many distractions, and now cell phones, the dangers are just too high for these young inexperienced drivers.

It's a shame, and I feel for their families. But there should be some kind of probationary laws that are more strict for this type of thing.

“Nosey just like you”

Since: Feb 08

where I lay my head

#6 Feb 29, 2008
Kevin wrote:
I feel that teenagers should have certain restrictions when it comes to driving until they are the age of 18. I know myself, when I got my license years and years ago, I was on probation for 90 days and could not travel with any passengers unless they were my parents. The law should restrict the driving of any teenagers under 18 yrs old to not travel with fellow teenagers. I feel it causes too much of a distraction. I know it did for myself. Between loud music, laughing and conversation that can cause many distractions, and now cell phones, the dangers are just too high for these young inexperienced drivers.
It's a shame, and I feel for their families. But there should be some kind of probationary laws that are more strict for this type of thing.
They do have a probationary period as to when they can travel with other teens and persons in their vehicles and I believe it is also 90 days.

Tragic for all involved.
RIP

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Feb 29, 2008
Rest in peace boys, we'll all miss you
courtney

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Feb 29, 2008
my brother and i went there, horrible
Jim

Loves Park, IL

#9 Feb 29, 2008
It's really sad to realize that another student was killed almost in the same spot 4 years ago. This place is not far from my home and I personally have a son that will be getting his license this year and pray to god that I don't have this type of call for him. I don't know who is responsible for this road but someone should either put up a stop sign at the 1 road or something to slow people down, this is a straight stretch for over a mile and just too easy for a kid or anyone else to go real fast on.
Valerie

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#10 Feb 29, 2008
Has anyone heard how the other boy is doing?
Hkcoffman

AOL

#11 Feb 29, 2008
My prayers are with the families. My own son goes to Whiteland High School and will be getting is license in a year. This makes it harder for me to let him grow up or get into a car with his friends. It is tragic that this had to happen to these young men.
Whiteland

Florence, KY

#12 Feb 29, 2008
Valerie wrote:
Has anyone heard how the other boy is doing?
He is still in surgery at this point no word yet. Our prayers are with all of the families. God Bless
Judy Carroll

Duncan, OK

#13 Feb 29, 2008
Would the loss been less if these students were "unpopular"? It seems when we read of things like this, students are described as popular.
info

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#14 Feb 29, 2008
Whiteland wrote:
<quoted text>He is still in surgery at this point no word yet. Our prayers are with all of the families. God Bless
I just pulled this comment from the Indy Star. Can anyone confirm?

whiteland_studen t
Franklin, IN Reply »
|Report Abuse |#32 14 min ago
A rumor has been spreading that the one student who lived, has just died in the hospital.
Is this true?
brutus42

Ft Mitchell, KY

#15 Feb 29, 2008
Jim wrote:
It's really sad to realize that another student was killed almost in the same spot 4 years ago. This place is not far from my home and I personally have a son that will be getting his license this year and pray to god that I don't have this type of call for him. I don't know who is responsible for this road but someone should either put up a stop sign at the 1 road or something to slow people down, this is a straight stretch for over a mile and just too easy for a kid or anyone else to go real fast on.
Jim, I don't think this is the same area, if you are referring to Kelly McPeak he was killed near the new Intermediate school, the accident today was on the west side of 31. Investigators are still on the scene at this time. I am a coach @ WCHS and my daughter is a 98 grad, and we will be praying for all 3 of these families as well as the students and faculty as they deal with this tragedy.
A young Pastor

Mooresville, IN

#16 Feb 29, 2008
Sometimes things like this happen and we don't know why.....One thing is for sure, they will be missed dearly and thought of often. But in the end we still have hope in our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. My heart aches for the families in this time of need.Rest easy boys, your in the hands of a merciful God. ----In my prayers, with Christ love.
Observing

Fishers, IN

#17 Feb 29, 2008
Hmm looks like from the wheels and what's left of the side fender that this may have been a sports car. Camaro maybe? teenager + fnacy sporty car + Inexperience + other teenagers as distraction + icy conditions = Well what in the heck do you expect? I'm just surprised we haven't seen more of this.
WOLFSHAUS

Marion, OH

#18 Feb 29, 2008
My son is friends with these boys, he is in the same grade and he gets his license in 2 months. we can all pray that the lessons we teach our children will be well received but it is up to them to make the right choices...my heart goes out to all of our kids in this school and to all families....may God keep them during this very difficult time....
wrlocke

United States

#19 Feb 29, 2008
Why is it, that after an accident, those involved are always thought of as quote: "The students were outstanding young people. They were involved in extra-curriculars. It is a familiarity that comes from a principal of knowing the names and having interactions with them. Our staff will be greatly affected by them because of the impact that they had in classes with them. The initial reaction shows that they're very popular. Unfortunately, it's going to be a very difficult time for us," Tom Galovic, Whiteland Community H.S. principal.

I would first want to know why "The male sophomores, all 16 years old, were driving on County Road 75W". And how/when how the driver "lost control and slammed into a tree".

There may be a 'lesson learned' here, if the facts were presented to the student body, about responsibility.
Johnson County Mom

Nashville, IN

#20 Feb 29, 2008
Judy Carroll wrote:
Would the loss been less if these students were "unpopular"? It seems when we read of things like this, students are described as popular.
I'm sure it's a terribly difficult situation whether kids are popular or not, we shouldn't dwell on those words and make it about that. It's a terrible tragedy and loss for not only that school, but for our community. Let's use our energy to pray for the families and for the community parents and officials to help educate all drivers how serious of a responsibility driving is and reinforce the speed limits on our roads.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: Man took pictures of nude boys (Jan '10) May '16 shelly 2
News Johnson County man arrested for child molestation (Dec '13) Jun '15 Captain Jailbait 9
News Animal incinerator building needs repairs (Jul '07) May '15 farmerjohn 2
News Speedrome memorabilia recalls golden era of Ind... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Mike Smith 1
News Girls Inc. programs help build girls' self-esteem (Dec '11) Apr '14 JPT 2
News GM Stamping plant recommended as new criminal j... (Mar '14) Mar '14 USS Liberty 1
weddings (Oct '13) Oct '13 ima hoosier 1
More from around the web