Police officer rams runaway truck

Police officer rams runaway truck

There are 24 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Feb 6, 2007, titled Police officer rams runaway truck. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A Franklin police officer's quick thinking outside a gas station Saturday night may have prevented serious injuries and damage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pay Attention

Delaware, OH

#1 Feb 6, 2007
Good, quick thinking Sgt. Hoeing.

Bad news for Mr. Haddock's truck though.
Gimme A Break

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Feb 6, 2007
Thank you, Sgt. Hoeing, for averting a disaster. That could have ended tragically without your intervention.
Geometry expert

Bloomington, IN

#4 Feb 6, 2007
Good thinking on the part of the officer, but Paul you should review your geometry notes. If the car made a 360 degree turn, it would have been going in the same direction it was before. You should have said it made a sweeping 180 degree turn.
TVS

Waukegan, IL

#5 Feb 6, 2007
God bless Sgt. James Hoeing!
John Q Public

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Feb 6, 2007
It's nice to see a positive story like this printed! Way to go, Sgt. Hoeing! You certainly are a hero!
teacherman

Greenwood, IN

#9 Feb 6, 2007
I believe the signs say:

"Stop engine; No Smoking"

Too many people must not be able to read.
Disgruntled Engineer

United States

#10 Feb 6, 2007
This just goes to show that trucks and SUVs are only out to kill us. It's a good thing Batman was there.
Taxpayer

New Lenox, IL

#11 Feb 6, 2007
Let's hope that Mr. Haddock's insurance pays for the damage to the police car.
Old Dude

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Feb 6, 2007
Disgruntled Engineer wrote:
This just goes to show that trucks and SUVs are only out to kill us. It's a good thing Batman was there.
Come on Engineer, grow up and get your head out of the dark place.
Where are they

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Feb 6, 2007
Where are all the typical cop-hating "forum posters" when the police do such an excellent job?

I'm sure reading a story such as this one really pisses them off.

Great job, officer. Not just on this incident, but for what you do EVERY day.

Stay safe.
madre

Buffalo, NY

#15 Feb 6, 2007
a ghost driver!!!!!!!!!!
madre

Buffalo, NY

#14 Feb 6, 2007
A ghost driver
Tom

Monon, IN

#16 Feb 6, 2007
Had to be a Ford.
To Buffalo mom

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Feb 6, 2007
madre wrote:
A ghost driver
Why did you say it twice? It wasn't worth saying once. Stick with the Buffalo newspaper and leave us alone.
to geo expert

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Feb 6, 2007
Geo expert, check your own geometry. If the truck was facing the gas station (it backed out) and ended up headed back toward the same gas station, that's 360 degrees.
KillerOnTheLoose

Redwood City, CA

#19 Feb 6, 2007
Disgruntled Engineer wrote:
Me and my good ole SUV sailed right along in the snow today.... yahooooooooooooo while so many others putt putted along slipping and sliding!!

Way to go officer in stopping that killing machine, lets see the manufacturer weasel out of why this happned.
voom voom

United States

#20 Feb 6, 2007
batmannnnnnnnnnnn to saaaaaaaves ta'day! Good job poooo-leese man!
hmmm..would you have done it if it were YOUR own car? Ya.....you would have - I think!
Geometry expert

Bloomington, IN

#21 Feb 6, 2007
to geo expert wrote:
Geo expert, check your own geometry. If the truck was facing the gas station (it backed out) and ended up headed back toward the same gas station, that's 360 degrees.
If it headed out then turned around and came back, how is that 360 degrees? 360 degrees is a circle. If you turn completely around 360 degrees, you CAN'T change direction!

“Need a Tissue for Your Issue?”

Since: Jan 07

Chi-town South Sider

#22 Feb 6, 2007
Thank God nobody was hurt, and the property damage was kept at a minimum.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

South Bend, IN

#23 Feb 6, 2007
Leaving your car running like that ought to get you 30 days in the slammer. It's just stupid. The insurance company ought to make the guy pay for BOTH vehicles out of his own pocket.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: Man took pictures of nude boys (Jan '10) May '16 shelly 3
News Johnson County man arrested for child molestation (Dec '13) Jun '15 Captain Jailbait 10
News Animal incinerator building needs repairs (Jul '07) May '15 farmerjohn 2
News Speedrome memorabilia recalls golden era of Ind... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Mike Smith 1
News Girls Inc. programs help build girls' self-esteem (Dec '11) Apr '14 JPT 2
News GM Stamping plant recommended as new criminal j... (Mar '14) Mar '14 USS Liberty 1
weddings (Oct '13) Oct '13 ima hoosier 1
More from around the web