Former Jim Wells/Brooks County D.A. s...

Former Jim Wells/Brooks County D.A. sentenced to probation, some jail time

There are 163 comments on the Caller.com story from May 6, 2011, titled Former Jim Wells/Brooks County D.A. sentenced to probation, some jail time. In it, Caller.com reports that:

Photo by Caller-Times file Buy this photo>> Joe Frank Garza ALICE - Former 79th District Attorney Joe Frank Garza took a plea deal Friday for probation but still must serve jail time for illegally paying himself and his employees more than $2 million from his office's drug forfeiture fund.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Caller.com.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Yolanda

Beeville, TX

#162 Jan 21, 2012
Do you know what the word MAMALON is ? I believe that elected official that have a pot belly are MAMALONES. Maman y dan Tope.
Que Que

Corpus Christi, TX

#163 Jan 27, 2012
Alice resident wrote:
Guess cuz Mickey was not charged with any crime, the other ladies either, they testifed against him to the grand jury so they would not be charged. Man what a shame all that $, just so these 4 people to do whatever they wanted to with. I guess Mickey did learn very well from JFG,he musthave adviced the gals ,GO GAMBLING when the going gets tough girls. You'll love it! Maybe they'll bring him some of their winning n they'll all live happly ever after. RATS !
Don't worry, its not over. They're now going after the former sheriff of Brroks county. Before you know it, JW county will audited too!
Kwik 4dr

United States

#164 Jan 28, 2012
Alice resident wrote:
Because he will notb in jail that long. It would probably take to long to find a place to send him to, plus the cost.
Ignorant rant! He did ALL SIX MONTHS locked up in our county jail. Now don't you sound IGNORANT!'Alice resident' roman?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jim Wells County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mathis Police Officer Accused of Indecency with... (Nov '14) Jul '17 DDT 9
News Capital Murder arrest in Premont (Dec '13) Oct '16 ashamed 42
News Texas oil town considers plan for immigrant det... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Right Between The... 3
News Jim Wells Commissioners Vote No On Detention Ce... (Jun '16) Jun '16 tomin cali 1
News Authorities Investigating Attempted Murder Suic... (Aug '15) May '16 Alemine 8
News Free Family Health Fair Set for Alice (Apr '16) Apr '16 hello 1
News Jim Wells County Constable arrested for intoxic... (Dec '15) Jan '16 Mr Right 2
More from around the web