Former Jim Wells/Brooks County D.A. s...

Former Jim Wells/Brooks County D.A. sentenced to probation, some jail time

There are 163 comments on the Caller.com story from May 6, 2011, titled Former Jim Wells/Brooks County D.A. sentenced to probation, some jail time. In it, Caller.com reports that:

Photo by Caller-Times file Buy this photo>> Joe Frank Garza ALICE - Former 79th District Attorney Joe Frank Garza took a plea deal Friday for probation but still must serve jail time for illegally paying himself and his employees more than $2 million from his office's drug forfeiture fund.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Caller.com.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Anonymous

Corpus Christi, TX

#1 May 6, 2011
FUNNY HOW THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY ARMANDO BARERRA'S WIFE BEATING TAKING A SHOT GUN OUT ON HIS WIFE AND COMBATIVE AGAINST POLICE BROTHER CASE SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN DICTATED IN THIER FAVOR HMMM.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2 May 6, 2011
chilejalepeno wrote:
FUNNY HOW THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY ARMANDO BARERRA'S WIFE BEATING TAKING A SHOT GUN OUT ON HIS WIFE AND COMBATIVE AGAINST POLICE BROTHER CASE SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN DICTATED IN THIER FAVOR HMMM.
What does this have to do with Joe Frank getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar?:o
EarsNeyes

Tomball, TX

#3 May 6, 2011
This poor excuse for a public servant should get what he deserves and then some.Alice doesn't need their very own Ernie Madoff! It's inexcusable and embarrassing.. To the entire town.. It just proves what we already know that politicians Need 2 be watched very closely." GREED is the ROOT of all EVIL"
fyi

Corpus Christi, TX

#4 May 6, 2011
EarsNeyes wrote:
This poor excuse for a public servant should get what he deserves and then some.Alice doesn't need their very own Ernie Madoff! It's inexcusable and embarrassing.. To the entire town.. It just proves what we already know that politicians Need 2 be watched very closely." GREED is the ROOT of all EVIL"
Its Bernie Madoff! Get it straight!
EarsNeyes

United States

#5 May 7, 2011
Your right.. Thanks for correcting me! You get the picture..
paybackisabitch

Corpus Christi, TX

#6 May 7, 2011
What about the secretaries that he gave the money to?Do they just get off scott free?They had to have known what was going on;did they claim this money on their w-2 forms? It just doesn't seem right that they got away with it.How is it that because of his health he didn't think he should spend time in jail?I DON'T remember him asking people how their health was before sending them to jail or prison.
EnE

Pflugerville, TX

#7 May 7, 2011
Also he didn't seem to have any health problems when he was stealing money or spending it! They all need to pay because everyone new what they were doing the whole time. Gosh.. and none of them had the decency to report what was going on.. No guilt trips off any sort.. Some people have completely lost their moral compass! It makes me mad then sad..
EnE

Pflugerville, TX

#8 May 7, 2011
Just what ALICE needs.. More THEIFS.. Lol
Anonymous

Corpus Christi, TX

#9 May 7, 2011
paybackisabitch wrote:
What about the secretaries that he gave the money to?Do they just get off scott free?They had to have known what was going on;did they claim this money on their w-2 forms? It just doesn't seem right that they got away with it.How is it that because of his health he didn't think he should spend time in jail?I DON'T remember him asking people how their health was before sending them to jail or prison.
Well How come Tina Cantu who was a scretary for Joe Frank is now working for Armando Barerra?
Citizen

Dallas, TX

#10 May 7, 2011
What did I tell all of you in the other topic? That's what you get for re-electing these scumbags year after year. This is just proof! They should get rid of all that accepted the dirty money also for not saying anything! Clean House!!!!!
Citizen

Dallas, TX

#11 May 7, 2011
I also agree with Ene there should be no special treatment for that scumbag! They don't offer other criminals special treatment so why should he be treated any different?
Anonymous

Pharr, TX

#12 May 7, 2011
Citizen wrote:
I also agree with Ene there should be no special treatment for that scumbag! They don't offer other criminals special treatment so why should he be treated any different?
exactly but it dont help when you elect a scumbag into office and dont get rid of rex ramon
He made a mistake

Corpus Christi, TX

#13 May 7, 2011
He is a good person , he made a mistake and I'm sure each and everyone of u have made mistakes in yalls lifes. Leave this man alone he's the one that has to live with the mistake he made! Who are any of u to judge him only one can judge him and that is god, so just leave him alone!!
EDDIE

Corpus Christi, TX

#14 May 7, 2011
To Citizen, You are right we need to stop re-electing them and that goes for the city council and the school board. Just think if joe did that with money, the city council is doing with our land. Like all this people that buy houses from old people that are losing their homes because of taxes. The people that are in the city council are the ones with the information and they don't let the public know. They buy the land for pennies. Like Lemon,Elizondo,Johnson Now you tell me how Fucked Up is this town. This People Talk about all this gang,and how to get rid of them ,well there is know different.
help

United States

#15 May 7, 2011
agree
paybackisabitch wrote:
EnE

United States

#16 May 7, 2011
He made a mistake wrote:
He is a good person , he made a mistake and I'm sure each and everyone of u have made mistakes in yalls lifes. Leave this man alone he's the one that has to live with the mistake he made! Who are any of u to judge him only one can judge him and that is god, so just leave him alone!!
UP yours.. How could you tell the people to leave him alone! A good person doesn't steal over and over again! And yes I have made mistakes.. Really you think that stealing over a million dollars is a mistake or accident!! Babababullsh!t!! He choose to do it! You must be related or one of the guilty bimbos that still works in this town! Your so stupid u should really think about what your gonna say before you start typing. Sorry he your pal.. But the town of Alice wants to eat him alive.. Can't blame them.. CRIMINAL CRIMINAL ROVON..
wack

United States

#17 May 7, 2011
So what we are all underpiad- it was supplemental and he gave to everyone- tp punishment fit the crime.
He made a mistake

Corpus Christi, TX

#18 May 7, 2011
I'm not saying what he did isn't wrong dumb shit, I'm saying he made a mistake and everyone does . And no I did not work for him and I'm not a relative so shut the hell up! All I'm saying is "no one has the right to judge him" !
Anonymous

Corpus Christi, TX

#19 May 7, 2011
He made a mistake wrote:
I'm not saying what he did isn't wrong dumb shit, I'm saying he made a mistake and everyone does . And no I did not work for him and I'm not a relative so shut the hell up! All I'm saying is "no one has the right to judge him" !
they are probably Armando Barerra kiss ass's they dont see how armando's wife beating brother got cleared of all charges hmm something funny went on there i guess its ok to beat your wife and pull a gun out on her then
badgers6475

United States

#20 May 7, 2011
chilejalepeno wrote:
its quick to put the blame on mr.barrera but i think the wife is bi-polar ever think of that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jim Wells County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mathis Police Officer Accused of Indecency with... (Nov '14) Jan '17 fromwhatiheard 8
News Capital Murder arrest in Premont (Dec '13) Oct '16 ashamed 42
News Texas oil town considers plan for immigrant det... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Right Between The... 3
News Jim Wells Commissioners Vote No On Detention Ce... (Jun '16) Jun '16 tomin cali 1
News Authorities Investigating Attempted Murder Suic... (Aug '15) May '16 Alemine 8
News Free Family Health Fair Set for Alice (Apr '16) Apr '16 hello 1
News Jim Wells County Constable arrested for intoxic... (Dec '15) Jan '16 Mr Right 2
More from around the web