Skate Park Stirs Controversy

Jul 13, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTVQ Lexington

“We had several public meetings to discuss the the location of a possible skate park”

Plans for a skate park are causing a stir in Jessamine county. The city received money to build a skate park but some say the proposed location is no good. via WTVQ Lexington

Comments
21 - 31 of 31 Comments Last updated Nov 14, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bobs rapeist

Versailles, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2008

BOB wrote:
Lori is obviously one of the idiots that dumps her kids where she can and picks them up way late after dark like a lot of momma's at the Nicholasville Skate Park....Its open now and there have been a break in assosiated with the park...graffitti....the amount of durgs hast went up ten times and lets not forget the 24 year old pedophiles and drug dealers that now hang out with her kids. Not that she gives a crap....she now has free babysitting!
There used to be one call to 911 for Mingo lake per month but now the skate park is open there has been 22 calls in two weeks..Figure it out you idiots!
screw bob and anyone that agrees
USA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2008

casey combs wrote:
hurry up and build that skatepark cuz i need a place to skate!!!

you need to worry about grammer

Since: Apr 07

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2008

If parents stayed at the park with their children it would help. Otherwise it is just like turning them out on the streets. No activity replaces parents. Kids may like to act all grown up, but it means something in their hearts when their parents are around, whether they watch them skate or just take a book to read. Just be there.
Wiley

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

Funny stuff about the Nicholasville skate paRK!

http://jhn.truth.googlepages.com/

I almost p-d my pants on the first page!...Jeeze one of those commisioners po'ed somebody!

Since: Apr 07

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2008

proud mom wrote:
my son skates there and has gotten really good because of it. He is now competing. I think the park helped get alot of kids off the streets and is a wonderful thing. Where I am origianlly from the kids had to sign in, sign a waiver and there was supervision. It was a good idea. If parents dont want to have to sit with their kids to keep them safe, why not get together and rotate supervision dates. Or pay to skate and hire a security officer. I am willing to pay for that or to sit and watch.
I totally agree. Why don't you talk to County Judge Ex Neal Cassity and organize it.
marcus age 13

Pensacola, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2008

i think they should build more skateparks cause people want to skate more!i think it is unfair that people get to rollerblade and bike but no skateboards thats the most unfairthing ever
Lgk

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2008

That park was bad before they built the ramps. When i was in high school thats where you either met your drug dealer, went to get drunk, had sex, and fought. Now go ahead and take the park away and you'll still have problems. The lake street side has alot of problems any way. There are a few known dealers in those homes. I know this also i'm a social worker and i've made many trips to that area to different homes.
Omg

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2008

Judged:

I know that park has always been skanky. In the early nineties i remember around the track they had exersize stations. They had signs that told you what to do and what body parts it worked. Then they put in the townhomes. I know some of them stayed nice but trash moved in others. Thats any rental properties. By 98 or 99 that place was ate up with punks. I know not all teens are punks.
Anonymous

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2009

I don't understand why everyone acts like skateparks are the only source of crime. Anything where young people are unsupervised is a risk. It's not even the kids that do everything, criminals will be criminals through any means/outlet and any kind of growth attracts crime . You should blame the creeps before the skatepark it's just a heap of concrete anyway.

BTW: I'm rooting for the mommy as well, it's nice to hear that optimistic support when %80 of the world is against anything youthful. If there are ever ripstick parks, people will say those attract drugs as well.
Dan

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

Lori wrote:
I am a mom of two skaters. It's rediculous that you argue over locations. Just build the darn thing. Everyone acts like these kids have a critical contagious disease or something. Attitudes will change in a snap when this becomes an Olympic event. You all complain that these kids are trouble makers or worse. I say that is slander and maybe you should try it..you may like it!!! Now build the darn park already!!!!!~
I'm a BMX biker, and why do all skaters and bikers get this. It seems like every time somebody wants to build a skatepark people have to be flippin' critics about it. Come on, my goodness gracious!
Dan

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

marcus age 13 wrote:
i think they should build more skateparks cause people want to skate more!i think it is unfair that people get to rollerblade and bike but no skateboards thats the most unfairthing ever
I used to skateboard, but never got good at it, and it also goes towards anyone using bikes, blades, or boards in the skateparks. So I agree with you that there are biases and you ain't alone.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jessamine County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
doug mulcahy (Apr '11) Jul 29 know him 4
State revokes license for World Class Auto (Jan '10) Jul 28 Lexington and Sur... 65
Jessamine County Drug Roundup Results In More A... (Dec '10) Jul 28 the facts 14
Sue Salyer Grinder Ct. Slumlord Jul '14 Single mom 2
Panther Population in Jessamine Co (Sep '12) Jun '14 Sue Reed 4
School bus Drivers? Jun '14 Bobby 1
Jessamine emergency medical services director t... May '14 John 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Jessamine County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••