Warrant uncovers possible dogfighting...

Warrant uncovers possible dogfighting in Jessamine County, authorities say

There are 30 comments on the Lexington Herald-Leader story from Sep 30, 2010, titled Warrant uncovers possible dogfighting in Jessamine County, authorities say. In it, Lexington Herald-Leader reports that:

Dogfighting may have occurred at a Jessamine County home where several animals in poor health were discovered, officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lexington Herald-Leader.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Pelosi down; Obama to Go!”

Since: Mar 10

Ashland

#1 Sep 30, 2010
Did they catch Marty? Or is he still on the run?
abc

Lexington, KY

#2 Sep 30, 2010
Still running
lulu

El Paso, TX

#3 Sep 30, 2010
Was that the dog fighter on Edgewood? I didn't know his name, just they had a ton of pit bulls, and the ones that didn't fight good they would poison with cyanide.
RichieRoxi

Boca Raton, FL

#4 Sep 30, 2010
lulu wrote:
Was that the dog fighter on Edgewood? I didn't know his name, just they had a ton of pit bulls, and the ones that didn't fight good they would poison with cyanide.
Cyanide???? ETF?
Cdubb from Lextown

Louisville, KY

#5 Sep 30, 2010
thats crazy...
get your info rite

Nicholasville, KY

#6 Sep 30, 2010
frist of all you all dont know shit because when marty good those dogs they were already scared up Marty would never fight any kind of animal he got the dogs away from that kind of crul shit he breeds them for there blood line there show dogs marty loves animals so get ur shit stright before you go talkin bout shit u kno nothing about.....
lulu lol

Nicholasville, KY

#7 Sep 30, 2010
there was never any dogs posioned with what ever u said that was use thats crossin the line
lulu

El Paso, TX

#8 Sep 30, 2010
Yes there were, our neighbor saved one. He was skin and bones, his fur was brittle and extremely short. He had the dog tested and they confirmed he'd been poisoned with cyanide. Our neighbor went back to ask, and they said yeah they did it, the dog wasn't worth feeding or keeping around, and they do it to all the dogs that don't fight good. The guy's on Edgewood. Like I said, I don't know his name, but I do know they bred whites.
lulu

El Paso, TX

#9 Sep 30, 2010
*That was when we were still in Nicholasville (we've moved to Texas). That dog, he was so messed up, too. He had to be on a muzzle because he was vicious, he couldn't be trusted around small animals, small dogs, children. He once chased another neighbor of ours who took off running because all he saw was a white pit bull charging at him, and he had a little boy who JUST went back in the apartment. Later on, he was running loose around the neighborhood, and we were driving home one night and caught him stalking a lady walking her baby in a stroller. The last I heard, he mauled some lady's little dog and had to be destroyed. But there is definitely a dog fighter there, and they do poison their dogs. I also know they go down to Florida to sell the white puppies to fighters down there for a ton of money. I wonder if that's the guy they "uncovered". I sure hope so. No dog deserves to go through that.

Ashland

#10 Oct 1, 2010
get your info rite wrote:
frist of all you all dont know shit because when marty good those dogs they were already scared up Marty would never fight any kind of animal he got the dogs away from that kind of crul shit he breeds them for there blood line there show dogs marty loves animals so get ur shit stright before you go talkin bout shit u kno nothing about.....
I agree. Marty and I have bred dogs between each other for years, and they were premium bloodline Staffordshire Terriers, saved from the Pit. He must have caught wind of the raid and skipped Town.Unfortunately, that allows the Police to pose him as a Dog Abuser. It sounds like to me that the scumbags that are always leaching off him did not keep faith with Weasel and stay to take care of his dogs.
mike

AOL

#11 Oct 1, 2010
in time he will be forgiven and the whole thing forgotten. example look at michael vick! every sunday now they will talk about how he is such a great ball player. have they forgotten about the dog fighting ring? have they forgotten all the dogs that lost there lives that he was responcible for? i hope someone takes both his knees out during the game so it will be public! so noone will forget!
LOL

Dayton, OH

#12 Oct 1, 2010
All these people taking up for Marty is funny. Him and Beth both have been fighting dogs for years. They sell so much dope out of there its unreal. I heard few months back he was cooking meth. The both are thieves they come to your home and see what they can take. When they catch him it will be great for Nicholasville. Only thing is Beth needs to go to. Look at how those kids lived.
ha ha

Gordon, GA

#13 Oct 1, 2010
We found one of their toddlers in the middle of kissing ridge road last winter about a forth of a mile from their teailer with nothing but a diaper on and it in the twenties. When they catch him he will be gone for a long time. Not because of the dogs so much, but because of the robberies. He's on probation and has 17 years still on the shelf. I look for him not to make it to the jail.

Ashland

#14 Oct 1, 2010
ha ha wrote:
We found one of their toddlers in the middle of kissing ridge road last winter about a forth of a mile from their teailer with nothing but a diaper on and it in the twenties. When they catch him he will be gone for a long time. Not because of the dogs so much, but because of the robberies. He's on probation and has 17 years still on the shelf. I look for him not to make it to the jail.
"I look for him not to make it to the jail"
You DO know Marty then...
fitting

Corydon, IN

#15 Oct 1, 2010
Weasel's a good name for him. And anybody sticking up for him is got to be on something. The dogs were on the news...they were not taken care of. It's as obvious as the ribs on those poor dogs that Marty abused them. I hope he rots for this.
ha ha

Gordon, GA

#16 Oct 1, 2010
I cant' beleive they are making a bigger deal out of the dogs than they are about the older woman he an another robbed in Garrad Co.I hope he did break something when he jumped off that balcony. Should have been his neck. The neighbor who had the gun on him should have shot. He's bought and paid for.
upplkillme

Lexington, KY

#17 Oct 12, 2010
Everyone has something to say, when they don't know shit. Cops in this town have been gunning for Marty since I was a kid. His former "best friend" Tony White is the reason he went to prison to begin with..
As far as the alledged "dog fighting" goes, if he was, at least he's not fighting HUMANS!
Does anyone except me see a contradiction in morals?
UFC is a multi-million dollar business, and most of you probably pay $50.00 per ppv to watch PEOPLE beat the hell out of each other. If you think shady shit doesn't go on in that "sport", just read up on it. One more point, b/c I know all the dumbasses will say,"The humans choose this, dogs don't."
Dogs fight, it is their nature, they would fight without human intervention.
As far as mistreatment, read up on high school and college wrestling.. You will never convince me that running up to 10 miles, in 90 degree heat, wrapped in plastic wrap under clothing to fit into a weight class is being treated well.. It's done all the time..
I cannot stand hipocracy...
ufc as a comparison

Kittanning, PA

#18 Oct 13, 2010
Really?
No one forces mma fighting, for a dog it is fight or die, if they don't win they don't eat. You sound like a dog man to me. Yea mike Vick is a true pos person, no matter how good of a qb he is. But no one is talking about how amazing he is off the field are they?
You try to justify it all you want, its wrong and if you cared anything about the dogs you fight you wouldnt fight them. Not saying u don't have a bond with them, every dogman does. You train athletes. I can respect the dog, just not a person that fights them for monetary reasons.
upplkillme

Lexington, KY

#19 Oct 13, 2010
ufc as a comparison wrote:
Really?
No one forces mma fighting, for a dog it is fight or die, if they don't win they don't eat. You sound like a dog man to me. Yea mike Vick is a true pos person, no matter how good of a qb he is. But no one is talking about how amazing he is off the field are they?
You try to justify it all you want, its wrong and if you cared anything about the dogs you fight you wouldnt fight them. Not saying u don't have a bond with them, every dogman does. You train athletes. I can respect the dog, just not a person that fights them for monetary reasons.
So, you are saying, in essence, that UFC and MMA are not about $$$$? I'm assuming you also believe that the families of MMA and UFC fighters don't care about their "athletes" or they wouldn't be fighting.. Educate yourself, quit thinking you are morally superior and try to understand how the world works!!
DUMB

Kittanning, PA

#20 Oct 14, 2010
do the dogs get paid dumbass? didnt think so, if they win the reward is to live another day, to fight another day. a mma fighter can say no, retire, or never start, a dogman gets a dog that wont fight its a dead dog or a bait dog, you can try to justify your own stupidity all you want, doesnt work.
You ever been to a real dog fight? pretty rough experience, if you have a heart it is anyways, after the first break 1 dog never wants to go back, dogs have toes cut off just to get them juiced back up. Yea ive been to one and will never go again. Now, im sure you have seen that and didnt bother you?
No The MMA is totally about money, all sports are, but athletes get paid, and not in dog food dumbss.
Now,
Educate yourself, quit thinking you are morally superior and try to understand how the world works!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jessamine County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Neighbors sue farmer over 'cannon' to keep away... (Sep '07) Nov 22 John Denver jr 50
Jessamine County Music Thread (Jul '13) Nov 20 Musikologist 8
Southbrook Theft Nov 18 readytoprosecute 1
Papa Johns pricing Nov 15 Saver 2
Spears Music Thread (May '16) Nov 11 Musikologist 2
White Oct '16 Trewitbac 1
anybody knows presley cook (Jul '13) Sep '16 mopo 8
More from around the web