So That's What A 30% Chance Of Showers Means

Jul 16, 2008 Full story: WWNY-TV Watertown

I am asked often why I say 30% chance of showersIsn't it either going to rain or not going to rain? Yes, it's either going to rain or not going to rain in your backyard, however, the forecast is not JUST for ...

Read more
tinytoon

Manlius, NY

#1 Jul 17, 2008
yes you are correct about forcasting for a large area but it isnt very hard to look at a radar screen and say "looks like in a few hours a good size thunder storm is going to track through the area and most likely go right over watertown". thats what I saw at 630 yesterday morning. by the way how about putting a thermometer outside the studio so we can have a downtown temp along with the airport since it runs about 5 degrees different!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jefferson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Watertown police blocked from using county jail... Jan '15 military gal 1
News What a 100-year-old book tells us about the fig... Oct '14 Le Jimbo 15
News N.Y. Deputies Responding to Grass Fire Discover... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Sickening 1
News Watertown man urges Northern New Yorkers to get... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Riparian 1
News Watertown man convicted of sexually abusing chi... (Mar '14) Mar '14 michieohio 4
News Gouverneur and St. Lawrence County Fair deemed ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 buhwheat 2
News Watertown police charge Breanna Simpson with se... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Hmm 3
More from around the web