Henderson hosts wind power forum

Apr 5, 2009 Full story: Watertown Daily Times 7

Town officials and a few dozen residents heard expert opinions on the impacts of wind farm development at a community forum Saturday morning organized by the town Planning Board.

Full Story

Since: Apr 09

Henderson

#1 Apr 20, 2009
This could be very good for the town and the nation. I wish I could have made the meeting.
goingdeaf

Syracuse, NY

#2 Apr 20, 2009
Wind Turbines make a considerable amount of noise.Just imagine, listening to several wind turbines whipping 24 hours a day...like living in the middle of the bussiest airport in the world. The smartest thing to do if this become "FACT", is to get youself an exclusive franchise on "EAR PLUGS" in the Town of Henderson!

Since: Apr 09

Henderson

#3 Apr 21, 2009
Please check your stats. I work near the Windmills in Lowville and you barely hear them at all. I have been right next to them, and they are barely audible. I would rather have the light sound of wind then the pollution we have. Instead of dismissing alternative energy sources you clearly are not educated on, why not do some research, you are on the internet.

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008/06/windf...

Notice the out of sight, out of mind, and also that those compensated did not hear anything. This is still up in the air (no pun intended) but you gotta think "stress over decrease in property value," is a little less meaningful than pollution that actually has an affect.
TMaker

Syracuse, NY

#4 Apr 22, 2009
If anyone is interested in the TRUE facts on Wind Turbine noise they should read Mick Sagrillo's "Windletter", Feb & Mar 1997. Its on the internet. Just type in Wind Turbine and Noise. Looks like H Miller and goingdeaf are both right.
G IAM Not Sure

Keeseville, NY

#5 Apr 29, 2009
If you have ever read much about what goes on in Henderson, you will realize not much gets done right, there, Why would the siteing of windtowers be any different? The best use for Henderson is to use the land for residential use, not windmill industrial. Perhaps the windtowers should go closer to the people that would get the electricity? I do not believe anyone is making any effort to conserve electricity, only to make more so more can be used, at the cost of the quality of life in these rural towns, who do not have the money nor expertise to fight such projects, which really just through a little money around, which hardly compensates for what is taken.

perhaps the people who want the towers in Henderson, don't live there?
G IAM Not Sure

Keeseville, NY

#6 Apr 29, 2009
The wind blows everywhere right? If windtowers are so great, why not save lots of money, in transmission line development and put the towers where the electricity will be used.

Oh, because they don't want the towers next to them either. perhaps a mandatory conservation program should be implemented, but we couldnt ask that of anyone, so why do we force these towers on rural areas, where people, believe it or not, also live, and live there because they want the rural life. Light flicker, ice throw, reduced or 0 property values, who knows what the impact will be? But if the transmission line review and concern by town officials is any indication, the towers will be sited right on top of your head,,, with no one saying boo, until its too late.
homer

Oxford, IA

#7 Apr 29, 2009
What ever is decided here.Dont purchase a ClipperWind Turbine.They are a very poor design. The gear box is a nightmare.ohandthey are extremly loud when they do run,Fortunatly they dont run long before they breakdown.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jefferson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What a 100-year-old book tells us about the fig... Oct 6 Le Jimbo 18
N.Y. Deputies Responding to Grass Fire Discover... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Sickening 1
Watertown man urges Northern New Yorkers to get... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Riparian 1
Watertown man convicted of sexually abusing chi... (Mar '14) Mar '14 michieohio 4
Gouverneur and St. Lawrence County Fair deemed ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 buhwheat 2
Watertown police charge Breanna Simpson with se... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Hmm 3
One Cape Vincent blogger settles lawsuit; judge... (May '13) May '13 Manual LaBore 1

Jefferson County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE