Senator Schumer pushes for federal investment in MetalCraft Marine, creating jobs in Jefferson Co...

There are 2 comments on the MyABC50.com story from Feb 24, 2012, titled Senator Schumer pushes for federal investment in MetalCraft Marine, creating jobs in Jefferson Co.... In it, MyABC50.com reports that:

The Senator has called on the federal government to approve the company's request for a grant that could help the manufacturer double its workforce and expand its manufacturing operation in Jefferson County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MyABC50.com.

Jack

Rochester, NY

#1 Feb 25, 2012
If Metal Craft Marine is a for profit enterprise, why should the taxpayer fund any company expansion. Should not that expansion be funded using company profits? Also, if it is a not-for-profit venture then there should be a public vote on whether or not to subsidize any endeavor utilizing public funds. I would, however, sooner see that money go to assisting a company rather than go to the coffers of the entitlement and welfare programs that abound in this out-of-control state. It is time to cut the freeloaders off..that includes the overpaid, underworked politicos at all levels..
Stratton

Arlington, MA

#2 Feb 25, 2012
I agree, this is not what the federal government's job is. Let MetalCraft Marine get investment capital the way every other company does - from private investors. If their business plan is sound they will have no trouble, and if it's not sound, all the more reason not to throw taxpayer money at it.

As a general rule, if Chuck "The Schmuck" Schumer is for something, it's probably a bad idea.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jefferson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Watertown police blocked from using county jail... Jan '15 military gal 1
News What a 100-year-old book tells us about the fig... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Le Jimbo 15
News N.Y. Deputies Responding to Grass Fire Discover... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Sickening 1
News Watertown man urges Northern New Yorkers to get... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Riparian 1
News Watertown man convicted of sexually abusing chi... (Mar '14) Mar '14 michieohio 4
News Gouverneur and St. Lawrence County Fair deemed ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 buhwheat 2
News Watertown police charge Breanna Simpson with se... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Hmm 3
More from around the web