Jefferson Parish Council is Wasting Money

Posted in the Jefferson Parish Forum

aconcernedcitize n123

Baton Rouge, LA

#1 Aug 24, 2009
Did you know….

That Jefferson Parish recently awarded their grass cutting to a medium priced company and not the lowest bidder. They claim experience was the reason for the award, when in fact, the lowest bidder is one of the biggest, most successful landscape and maintenance companies in the state of Louisiana. Makes you wonder about the cost of bids for other projects, such as garbage pickup, building maintenance, etc….

Over the two year line of the contract that Jefferson Parish awared for the grass cutting for Jefferson Parish Department of Public Works – Parkways Department, the 30% difference will result in estimated excess payments of more than One Million Dollars by Jefferson Parish to have grass cut.

They have already had articles published about lowering the cost they ask from businesses but planned to sacrifice the quality and beauty. Well, I’m thinking they will be sacrificing quality and beauty, but spending a ton of money that they do not need to necessarily spend.

http://jeffersonparish.wordpress.com/2009/08/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jefferson Parish Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
first time home buyer program (Mar '12) Mar '12 PMO 1
CCC greater New Orleans Residents (Nov '07) Dec '10 Nora 2
Prosecutors: John Katopodis used charity as own... (Jul '09) Jul '09 toasale 1
Compass furniture (Jul '08) Jul '08 fred 1
Dateline NBC to air Tina Watson's story (May '08) May '08 suzie 1
C.C.C greater New Orleans Residents (Nov '07) Nov '07 Miranda Fairleigh 1
Jefferson Parish Sheriff Election (Oct '07) Oct '07 MR NICEGUY65 1

Jefferson Parish People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE