Shooter felt threatened but gunshot w...

Shooter felt threatened but gunshot was accident, attorney says

There are 9 comments on the WHAS11 story from Jun 16, 2011, titled Shooter felt threatened but gunshot was accident, attorney says. In it, WHAS11 reports that:

Michael Bishop, charged with attempted murder in the shotgun shooting of a 12 year old neighbor boy, admits to shooting Jacob Eberle yet says it was an accident and that he felt threatened after other incidents outside his house, Bishop's attorney said on Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHAS11.

“Hello”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#1 Jun 16, 2011
This is what i said in an earlier post.When people live alone,and they have incidents happen they're gonna be more jumpy and cautious.It was reported that he had called the police before on being harassed,and nothing changed.He had been sleeping and didnt know it was a young boy until afterwards.
Just a sad situation all around....
Ho-tep

Louisville, KY

#2 Jun 16, 2011
Maybe if they weren't running away he'd of gotten a better look!
Ho-tep

Louisville, KY

#3 Jun 16, 2011
He's a gun happy bastard in my book!

“Hello”

Location hidden

#4 Jun 16, 2011
Ho-tep wrote:
He's a gun happy bastard in my book!
Im pretty sure he feels bad enough as it is.Like i said,ppl who live alone are more wary about what happens on their property.Like his lawyers says,he didnt set out to kill a 12 yo child.This is why i worry sometimes about my brother living alone.Esp after his house was broken in to last week....That 'prank' needs to be discouraged these days with people being on edge more.I've been ding dong ditched while asleep,and would love to see it stopped among kids today.Im pretty sure he wishes he could undo what happened,and its not even summer yet.

“Hello”

Location hidden

#5 Jun 16, 2011
OOOOh,my own personal hater following me around like a puppy,lol.At least im commenting on the story and its ontopic,goofball.
Remembering Mike

Mount Sterling, KY

#6 Jun 17, 2011
I really don't think Mike was trying to harm anyone, but was trying to get his message across to get off of his property and stay off. This will be something he will never forget, I'm sure he didn't mean for this to happen the way it did.

“Hello”

Location hidden

#7 Jun 17, 2011
Remembering Mike wrote:
I really don't think Mike was trying to harm anyone, but was trying to get his message across to get off of his property and stay off. This will be something he will never forget, I'm sure he didn't mean for this to happen the way it did.
Thats what i think too.Kids need to find other ways to combat boredom besides this.I read somewhere they've also been egging cars/houses,turning on people's hoses,vandalizing property also.At 10 o clock at night when i was a kid,i was back home getting ready for bed.Not walking around looking for trouble,but times have changed.That poor boy,his life has changed forever too.
shorty_loves_cho colate

Hurley, VA

#8 Jul 20, 2011
sandy mr bishop was married he diddnt live alone
Stan

Owensboro, KY

#9 Oct 2, 2011
so sad

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jefferson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need some Nov 20 John bobcock 1
News Police clear officer in shooting of teen (Nov '07) Nov 20 Jules2000 67
News Former teacher gets prison time in child sodomy... (Jun '08) Nov 15 Debbie 174
News Louisville off-duty officers told to disarm or ... (Dec '15) Sep '17 Steven Deaks 45
News Louisville mother mistakenly dubbed 'deadbeat' ... Sep '17 deadbeat 1
christian vause of cardinal aluminum son of mar... (Jun '17) Jun '17 Jdog 2
Jefferson County Music Thread (Jul '13) Jun '17 Musikologist 10
More from around the web