First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Somewhere in Hazlehell

Vidalia, GA

#21 Aug 22, 2008
That's what I'm saying. There are quite a few of the deputies who look as if they are living beyond their means. A little suspicious, isn't it?
who really cares

Blackshear, GA

#22 Aug 22, 2008
I understand every man has his day in court, if it's DUI, murder or BANK FRAUD, but hopefully Boatright will role over on every sorry S.O.B that works for him. I hope he doesn't get just a slap on the wrist like every other "official" in Jeff Davis. I'm pretty damn sure if I was to go borrow money on a vehicle that belonged to the sheriff's office I would sit UNDER the jail till my court date. It must be nice to go out and buy a $2000 TV with DARE funds. Now we know why so many of Jeff Davis' youths are CRACKHEADS!!!! To clarify what I mean by youths and crackheads, people spending money that's supposed to go to the children to teach them to stay off drugs.
The Watcher

United States

#23 Aug 22, 2008
Sheriff Jimmy Boatright wrote:
I understand that Jimmy Boatright Sheriff of JeffDavis County was arrested on fraud on Wednesday August 20,2008.
Him and a bunch of his "wanna be police" underlings need to go. They need to dig a little deeper and there is no telling what they might find. That whole place needs revamping....crooks and more crooks...
The Watcher

United States

#24 Aug 22, 2008
I know for a fact his goons have beat people up in the past in the jail and good ole Mathis will stop a crack head and flirt with then and try to bully drug information out of them. That whole place is a disgrace and gives the community a bad name.
JDSO-9

Baltimore, MD

#25 Aug 23, 2008
well well wrote:
how long has jimmy been in office? thier is only one thing that needs to be done!! we need a new sheriff!!!not to mention new deputies. heck maybe all offices should be investigated and all new officals take over, it sure could not hurt the county or city anymore.......if this crime goes unpunished it will be a disgrace to the judicial system. kevin mathis is one of jimmys right "crooked" hand men...so thats why i say all of the "untouchables" needs to be investigated. tell me can you build a brand new huge house on a deputys and bank tellers salary? come on now --well well
WELL WELL
DO YOU KNOW THE SALARY OF DEPUTY MATHIS? OR DID YOU KNOW HE OWNS A MOBILE HOME PARK? AND LAST OF ALL SHE IS NOT A BANK TELLER SHE IS A EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT. PLEASE GET THE FACTS FIRST. OH YOU FORGOT THAT SHE GOT A NEW 2007 TAHOE LAST YEAR. MAYBE GOD WILL BLESS YOU AS HE HAS THEM.HAVE A GREAT DAY :)
well well

Dublin, GA

#26 Aug 23, 2008
get real, he can build $300,000 dollar home????
where did the money come from to own a mobile home park????? oh, can we only guess???
The Watcher

United States

#27 Aug 23, 2008
I have seen what they do and I know the tactics they use very questionable....By the way does the good ole Sheriff still have that red headed girlfriend that worked in probation? I know the duputies use to let drunk girls race the patrol cars up and down the runway at the airport.....how is that for your tax dollars???
CURIOUS

United States

#28 Aug 23, 2008
did jimmy boatright sell one of the county vehicle
CURIOUS

United States

#29 Aug 23, 2008
bad mouthing people is not going to help the sitiuation. nine times out of ten those who talk trash is doing wrong themself
JDSO-9

Hazlehurst, GA

#30 Aug 23, 2008
no he did not sell a county vehicle. the vehicle in question is at the jeff davis county road dept. being used everyday by them.
shame on you

Dublin, GA

#31 Aug 23, 2008
we wan't to hear from jimmy! what does he have to say about the charges? he should be very ashamed of himself.... if you are in a position like he is you should make sure you do not break any laws. well well i guess it depends on who you are or even who you know. he and his deputies should be hung out to dry just like they do to other citizens who break petty laws. this is not a petty law that he and his deputies have broken so lets just sit back and see what happens to them. BRAEKING THE LAW IS A CRIME NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!!
JD CO RES

United States

#32 Aug 24, 2008
Amen on the "river sweep" idea. We need a Jeff Davis County Sweep. Our Mayor has good intentions and the drive to turn this County's problems around. He didn't follow the correct procedures and he needs to think things out before he acts. He also needs the backing of the council. I wish that all these matters, including the issues with the Sherrif, would be handled in way that what ever is best for Jeff Davis County and the City of Hazlehurst would be priority not individual gains.
ME MYSELF and I

Gainesville, GA

#33 Aug 24, 2008
Ok, so everyone wants to get on here and bad mouth someone for doing something wrong. No matter who you are myself included we have all done wrong. Take it how you want to take it. So, he is the sheriff does that mean you can judge him any different then me or you? I mean look its everywhere the he said she said BS. Its a small town things happen, look at all the other little towns that are so perfect. Oh Yeah there arent any. If this is how all you ignorant people want to be, then maybe all the deputies should just not show up to work and when someone breaks in your home and steals something no one shows up. See how that feels, calling 911 and no one responds, think about it and you will appreciate what they do. Why dont some of you people get out there and do there job for a few months.GOOD PEOPLE MAKE NOT SO GOOD CHOICES SOMETIMES. If he is such a bad guy and yall all want to talk about him, WHY DID YOU VOTE HIM IN!!!!!! Thats all I got to say about this matter for now. So everyone quit riding the backs of the people who protect you. I have supported the Sherrif and his deputies for quite a while and I dont plan on turning my back on them now. So yall keep doing yalls jobs and just BRUSH THESE HATERS OFF!!!!
Bucket of Rocks

Ringgold, GA

#34 Aug 25, 2008
All these perfect people on here...where are u at everyday...cause i've not met a perfect person yet in my life....if your without sin...cast the first stone. I vote we lift he and his family up in prayer during this time. It could be your family member who has done wrong one day...how would u like it if people ran them in the dirt. No matter what has happened Boatright is a good man. So, I say...if your perfect cast a stone at him. If your not...SHUT UP!
CURIOUS

United States

#35 Aug 25, 2008
i've always told you jb and your family if you need me call me your friend indeed the other jb
White Owl

United States

#36 Aug 25, 2008
Not to change the subject but just when does Bob Hill stand trial for those charges brought against him last year?. His name was on the list of indictments that was in the Ledger the very last week of 2007. He was arrested in April of 2007 and to the best of my knowledge he hasn't stood trial YET. How can a man get his court date put off over and over again? He's been out on bond for 16 months and he's had time to hire a lawyer and prepare himself to stand trial.Assuming those charges are true he has NO place out in society. Can anyone answer these questions?
The Watcher

United States

#37 Aug 26, 2008
Might wanna ask those perfect folks above that want us truth sayers to shut up....That whole county is jacked up
sue

United States

#38 Nov 9, 2008
i think the whole dam bunch should go down knot have they beat people in jail they murderd people in jail

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff Davis County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Midstate mother shot dead after bringing childr... (Jan '08) Jan 25 Unknown 608
Senior citizens and taxes Jan 2 Gloria Crosby 1
wands marchant (May '14) Dec '14 red rose 2
Jeff Davis school officials address Ebola rumors Oct '14 Warriors come out... 1
Family appeals for leads in mother, son's murder (May '14) Sep '14 shame shame shame 7
Two arrested in Hazlehurst for leaving children... (Jul '14) Jul '14 BBB 14
Jeff Davis County officer involved shooting inv... (Jun '14) Jun '14 shame shame shame 9
More from around the web