First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sheriff Jimmy Boatright

Conyers, GA

#1 Aug 21, 2008
I understand that Jimmy Boatright Sheriff of JeffDavis County was arrested on fraud on Wednesday August 20,2008.
TTT

Tifton, GA

#2 Aug 21, 2008
Sheriff Jimmy Boatright wrote:
I understand that Jimmy Boatright Sheriff of JeffDavis County was arrested on fraud on Wednesday August 20,2008.
Any other info or links on this subject? thanks for the response?
some where in Georiga

Eddyville, KY

#3 Aug 21, 2008
TTT wrote:
<quoted text>
Any other info or links on this subject? thanks for the response?
You can go to the Jeff Davis Ledger, its there. He was not arrested but the wire and bank fraud is true! Why is it that people like this only get a slap on the wrist. Hazlehurst has a lot of people in office that been caught with there hand in the cookie jar, but nothing happens to them!
wondering where

Pearson, GA

#4 Aug 21, 2008
I went to jeff davis ledger website. It isn't there. I've heard several people talking about this but haven't been able to find it anywhere.
some where in Georiga

Eddyville, KY

#5 Aug 21, 2008
Type in "Sheriff Jimmy Boatright charged with bank fraud" in Google and it should pull it up!
from Atlanta

Atlanta, GA

#6 Aug 21, 2008
This town has needed "cleaning up" for a long time. It appears the Mayor is trying to do his best but he has a lot of folks pulling against him rather than providing the support he so badly needs. One should ask themselves, how can someone attain so many material things including property on a sheriff's salary? And, it's not just the sheriff...there are others as well. Why do you think industries have left and there's no one to take their place? Jobs are leaving? Folks are leaving? It's a real shame. Rural America used to be an escape...now it's a drug haven and everyone has their hand in the cookie jar. Let's sit back and see what unravels...very interesting to say the least! Action is long overdue!
Somewhere in Hazlehell

Hazlehurst, GA

#7 Aug 21, 2008
some where in Georiga wrote:
<quoted text>
You can go to the Jeff Davis Ledger, its there. He was not arrested but the wire and bank fraud is true! Why is it that people like this only get a slap on the wrist. Hazlehurst has a lot of people in office that been caught with there hand in the cookie jar, but nothing happens to them!
EXACTLY! There are quite a few officials, I'm sure, who have been caught with "their hand in the cookie jar" and only got slapped on the wrist. I think it's high time one of them faces the music. Boatright seems as good as any to be made an example of. And since this is dealing with FEDERAL charges, there's no way he can legally get out of it. NO WAY he should be allowed to go unpunished! I also don't think he will be the last to get his cummupance. I'm sure there are plenty of people who do not agree with the ways of our Sheriff nor the department of deputies he employs. I believe he should get the maximum sentence for his wrong doings, he's gotten away with it long enough!
Somewhere in Hazlehell

Hazlehurst, GA

#8 Aug 21, 2008
Oh, btw, there was an article posted in The Times Union about this. I have a copy of it, but have been unable to find it online anywhere. If anyone finds anything else out, please post the link.
Hazle Hurst

Lawrenceburg, TN

#9 Aug 22, 2008
The mayor is as crooked as the rest, so don't think for one minute that his nose is clean.
about time

Dexter, GA

#10 Aug 22, 2008
jimmy boatright is and has been a joke. where is it right for the likes of him to sit in a court room and pass judgement on anyone?????????? he is one nasty man.
about time

Dexter, GA

#11 Aug 22, 2008
Jimmy Boatright it is about tiime he gets what is coming to him
Chuck Roast

Aiken, SC

#12 Aug 22, 2008
I think everyone should leave Jimmy alone he has not done anymore than any of the rest of them up there has done. Swwep around your own back door before you go judging others.
Chuck Roast

Aiken, SC

#13 Aug 22, 2008
Sweep not Swwep...
Chuck Roast

Aiken, SC

#14 Aug 22, 2008
What about the police chief he did away with $177,000 in cops grant funds and he got a slap on the wrist and now all the taxpayers are paying that back to them.
some where in Georiga

Eddyville, KY

#15 Aug 22, 2008
Chuck Roast wrote:
What about the police chief he did away with $177,000 in cops grant funds and he got a slap on the wrist and now all the taxpayers are paying that back to them.
I dont think for one minute that its right for any of them to get away with anything. I believe that jimmy wont get in any trouble, and think that if he does then Land should be right there with him. I have always liked jimmy, he is always there if you need any help. I just dont think that its fair that he is doing wrong, but keeps his cops locking up people thats in the streets tring to make money. They have to live just as him, and if you want things to be equal you not only have to keep the rules in place but also do the same as you ask your town to do! HAZLEHURST has never been a FAIR place to live and I dont think thats ever going to change. WRONG IS WRONG....ALL SHOULD SEE THE PUNISHMENT
South georgia

Sharon, GA

#16 Aug 22, 2008
The Mayor sure isn't any better he locks the doors to the court room and fires the ploice cheif so he doesn't get put in jail himself so there is a lot of cleaning up to do. Every town you see have someone doing something wrong not just Hazlehurst, the rest just don't know it yet!
well well

Dexter, GA

#17 Aug 22, 2008
you don't say!! look got caught with thier pants down..lmao jeff davis county need to have a "river sweep" just like telfair county did years ago. i'm telling you now jimmy is crooked as they come setting behind his "untouchable" deputies. he thinks he and his deputies can do
whatever whenever well well let's see them get out of this one.
from Atlanta

Atlanta, GA

#18 Aug 22, 2008
Chuck Roast wrote:
I think everyone should leave Jimmy alone he has not done anymore than any of the rest of them up there has done. Swwep around your own back door before you go judging others.
No one should get away with anything. Don't you remember...you do the crime you do the time! Life has a way of coming full circle. This has gone on too long! I hope he gets what he "deserves" whatever that might be! And, the others too! They're supposed to uphold the law...not break the law! Some role models they are for the community!
Somewhere in Hazlehell

Hazlehurst, GA

#19 Aug 22, 2008
Chuck Roast wrote:
From what I hear, he's next on the list to get caught anyways. Chief Land is an okay guy, but if he's doing wrong he should be punished too.
well well

Dexter, GA

#20 Aug 22, 2008
how long has jimmy been in office? thier is only one thing that needs to be done!! we need a new sheriff!!!not to mention new deputies. heck maybe all offices should be investigated and all new officals take over, it sure could not hurt the county or city anymore.......if this crime goes unpunished it will be a disgrace to the judicial system. kevin mathis is one of jimmys right "crooked" hand men...so thats why i say all of the "untouchables" needs to be investigated. tell me can you build a brand new huge house on a deputys and bank tellers salary? come on now --well well

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff Davis County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Midstate mother shot dead after bringing childr... (Jan '08) Feb '17 Jason from Vidalia 635
ATV accident off Old Graham Rd (Dec '16) Dec '16 K elliott 1
Kathy... Scared of Fireworks? (Sep '16) Sep '16 Doos Flicnkhen Dr... 1
Does anyone know who Ricky Pope is (Jul '16) Jul '16 Jasper b 1
News Jeff Davis County officer involved shooting inv... (Jun '14) Jun '16 Ace23 24
News Two arrested in Hazlehurst for leaving children... (Jul '14) Mar '16 RIKKI 20
Cell phone service (Dec '15) Dec '15 Just me 1
More from around the web