Allegations of violence emerge from Constellium strike

Aug 9, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Charleston Daily Mail

The back-and-forth between the striking steelworkers union in Jackson County and Constellium company officials became sharper on Thursday as the union and the company blamed each other for destructive picket line behavior.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of188
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sumwrnwv

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

He said...She said...
goon gaurds....jackrocks....bricks through a window......
If it were me....
that new metal stretcher would be gone....
tear the place down and sell it for scrap.....
been there

Kernersville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

when its all said and done its going to be a big cornfield,,,,,,
driver

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

Amen maybe me and my truck driving friends will have that job.and we will have the last laugh but then again personally I would like to haul aluminum instead of my neighborsjobs. So stop the bullshit it makes union members look like children
sumwrnwv

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

A big cornfield....Karma..
Thats what it was before Kiaser built there...
been there

Kernersville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Just look at the kanawha valley,,, all the plant jobs there,,,,,, going away,,,,, most already gone,,,,and the mining industry is hitting the skids,,,,,,looks like its going to be a big nanny state,,,,,,,,,,,,,
sumwrnwv

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

been there wrote:
Just look at the kanawha valley,,, all the plant jobs there,,,,,, going away,,,,, most already gone,,,,and the mining industry is hitting the skids,,,,,,looks like its going to be a big nanny state,,,,,,,,,,
Has been for awhile....
I wonder if theyll get unemployment benefits this time??....

Not likely see-in as how the State is already broke....
fred

Sardis, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

sumwrnwv wrote:
He said...She said...
goon gaurds....jackrocks....bricks through a window......
If it were me....
that new metal stretcher would be gone....
tear the place down and sell it for scrap.....
i agree with you 100%
Another Hall

Gallipolis, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

I'll cross the picket line and spit in the eye of anyone of the boys who try to stop me.
I'm in it for the money and benefits and don't mind kickin a few arses to make it happen.
Don't test me fella's, I guarantee it won't be pretty
worried

Mount Alto, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Another Hall wrote:
I'll cross the picket line and spit in the eye of anyone of the boys who try to stop me.
I'm in it for the money and benefits and don't mind kickin a few arses to make it happen.
sure are lots of bad asses on here ! Lol
sumwrnwv

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Another Hall wrote:
You go right down there and get it big buddy....

we'll all read about it in the paper.....

Id spit shine shoes before i'd work at that fuggin place...strike time or any other time...
newlife

Billings, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

I would really like to know about the "goon guards". From what I understand, the company has brought in guards from one of the best companies in the industry.
fitness-guru READ

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

ive got to keep my mouth shut. but public outright crime...by factory workers....why ?
Another Hall

Gallipolis, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Judged:

sumwrnwv wrote:
<quoted text>
You go right down there and get it big buddy....
we'll all read about it in the paper.....
Id spit shine shoes before i'd work at that fuggin place...strike time or any other time...
I want my piece of the pie, you had yours and left it setting on the table like some spoiled brat throwing a tantrum.
Take a real man to scare me,last man I remember doing that was my daddy and mister you ain't my daddy.
So threaten all you want I'll still be there on the other side of that fence and there's nothing you or any of your hillbilly buddies can do. So tuck your tales and leave us scabs the hell alone. Here's an idea, get a job!
disgusted

Point Pleasant, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Judged:

Who is picketing 5668 or the Taliban. Come on you fools throwing rocks!! Low life scums,
Evans woman

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Judged:

According to the newspaper Robert Mason Sullivan II, 49, of Evans, and Michael Robert Fowler, 43, of Mt. Alto was arrested for it. I'm sure the truckdriver has several friends that may pay them a visit in a few years long after they are paying jail time, attorney fees, and loss of their jobs. BTW I wander who will pay their healthcare after they are fired?
Union Wife and PROUD

Grantsville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Judged:

I sickened to see all the negativity toward the plant workers. If YOUR company reached into YOUR pockets are took your money, you'd be pissed too! These workers have given up pay raises for YEARS in order to keep their insurance.
Mr. CEO is on a media blitz to make the Company seem as though "they" are doing everything possible to come to an agreement with the Union.
This is NOT true! The Union had an agreement with the Company NOT to discuss the ongoing talks.
No one WANTS to strike but we are fighting for what is FAIR, nothing more!
I do NOT agree with the rock/brick throwing & yes, those 2 men should pay for what they have done.
No matter how flat the pancake is, it STILL HAS 2 sides!
Union Wife and PROUD

Grantsville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Judged:

Union Wife and PROUD wrote:
I sickened to see all the negativity toward the plant workers. If YOUR company reached into YOUR pockets are took your money, you'd be pissed too! These workers have given up pay raises for YEARS in order to keep their insurance.
Mr. CEO is on a media blitz to make the Company seem as though "they" are doing everything possible to come to an agreement with the Union.
This is NOT true! The Union had an agreement with the Company NOT to discuss the ongoing talks.
No one WANTS to strike but we are fighting for what is FAIR, nothing more!
I do NOT agree with the rock/brick throwing & yes, those 2 men should pay for what they have done.
No matter how flat the pancake is, it STILL HAS 2 sides!
Oh, by the way (because I know all of you are unaware of ALL the things the Compant wants to take from us), at the end of that 5 yr contract, my husband would be making $7.00 LESS per hour due to the healthcare cost. Would any of you want that! I didn't think so!
So, be sure to get the complete side of BOTH stories before you start ranting!
Qwerty

Ripley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Judged:

Union Wife and PROUD wrote:
I sickened to see all the negativity toward the plant workers. If YOUR company reached into YOUR pockets are took your money, you'd be pissed too! These workers have given up pay raises for YEARS in order to keep their insurance...
Woman, it is neither your company, your husband's company, or the union's company. The company is named "Constellium," not "Local 5668." And it isn't your money, your husband's money, or the union's money. Constellium gets the money and then pays back the workers their fair shares. So for you to get on here and make the claim that the company is taking money from union workers is ridiculous at best.

Your greed, your husband's greed, and the hatred and greed on display at the picket lines will drive those union jobs (and other plant jobs) into the ground. And when it does, you'll all be to blame for biting the hands that feed you.
Union Proud

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Judged:

Another Hall wrote:
<quoted text>So threaten all you want I'll still be there on the other side of that fence and there's nothing you or any of your hillbilly buddies can do. So tuck your tales and leave us scabs the hell alone. Here's an idea, get a job!
Hey, Buddy, here's an idea. How about you get a job - your own?

Know what's worse than a scab? Not a damn thing.
Not yours

Piketon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Judged:

At least he would be making something.....and they would go into negotiations again before the end of the contract, so you don't know what he would be making in 5 years.

And really, it isn't negativity towards the workers- it is complete shock at the fact that they would leave fair paying jobs with exceptional benefits in this market.....they may make a slightly lower hourly pay than others in their industry, but I bet that the health car benefits (even the new ones) are much better than elsewhere.

It is no fun when you have to fight for every dollar you bring in in order to keep your lifestyle going.....pride doesn't pay the bills

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of188
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jackson County Discussions

Search the Jackson County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Man Charged With Indecent Expsoure Jun 24 Camilla ann 5
Ravenswood Nursing Home Investigated Jun 24 Camilla ann 2
Jackson County unveils new Kenna school Jun 24 mr fred 1
Jackson County Man Accused Of Selling 300 Wild ... May '14 Grapevine spreads 173
underage drinking May '14 its wrong 1
Ravenswood Council Discusses Ways To Possibly S... (Dec '13) Dec '13 psycho 7
Rescue: Save Cedar Lakes (Sep '13) Dec '13 jack black 3
•••
•••