Judge rules against Oregon teacher who wants to take gun to class

Nov 9, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KGW-TV Portland

“To make a big difference between a policy and an ordinance makes no sense. This is just an antigun decision.”

An English teacher in Southern Oregon has no right to take her semiautomatic handgun onto school grounds, a judge said Friday in a ruling that may clarify a possible conflict between school policy and state law ... via KGW-TV Portland

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Nov 15, 2007
Anonymous

Eugene, OR

#1 Nov 10, 2007
Ok, Seriously Lady! You can't take a gun onto school property. If your ex is a psycho,(and truley it is not fair that you even have to think about dealing with it, let alone dealing with him) You are placing those children in danger with the gun and by maybe bringing your physco ex onto the school grounds with a GUN that WILL KILL people. I am NOT a ANTI GUN person. I beleive that People kill People WITH GUNS, do not carry a GUN.
Anonymous

Eugene, OR

#2 Nov 10, 2007
Try Using MACE
Jason D Neel

United States

#3 Nov 15, 2007
And how would you propose to do to the person who is killing people with the gun? So, seriously Anonymous, how many more school killings do we have to have before someone shows these kids that there is a deterent facing them? Just like aircraft, pilots and teachers and police alike should be allowed to carry a weapon. Anytime you are in a position where someone might try and KILL you would be a good time to carry a weapon. Do we not have people teaching in our classrooms who are trustworthy enough to carry a gun? Sounds like that is another question altogether....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Medford man dies in rollover accident on Old St... (Jun '13) Aug 6 klh 3
Fast-Growing Independent Party of Oregon Opens ... Jul '14 Real Indepedent 1
Jackson County, Oregon, Approves GMO Ban May '14 Oregonbythesea 1
Judge says flashing headlights is free speech Apr '14 Tony Waters 1
White City principal sits front and center (Nov '13) Nov '13 Joseph 1
Will Oregon Protect Monsanto? (May '13) May '13 Maui 1
2nd player in county drug ring sentenced (Sep '12) Sep '12 Smudge 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••