Letter to the Editor: Meth and methad...

Letter to the Editor: Meth and methadone aren't the same thing

There are 2 comments on the The Mississippi Press story from Jan 16, 2010, titled Letter to the Editor: Meth and methadone aren't the same thing. In it, The Mississippi Press reports that:

Don't confuse meth with methadone I am writing regarding the Jan. 1 article titled "Jackson County law authorities see rise of meth." My concern is that the way the article was worded could lead people to believe that methamphetamine and methadone are the same substance, when in fact they are extremely different.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Mississippi Press.

Ex-PPT

AOL

#1 Jan 20, 2010
I am glad this person wrote to the columnist to clear up the meth/methadone issue, but it just infuriates me that this person blames the pain community for all the methadone in the street and we know this is not all true. I think it comes from both places. By ppl doing this it makes it harder for pain patients to get the care they need and ultimately hurts them in the long run as they are not able to get the pain control needed either.
So if this poster is reading, the one who wrote the columnist, please try to place the blame properly. Also there is documentation about where the diversion is coming from. If you go here you will find out where most of the diversion comes from.
http://www.painpolicy.wisc.edu/publicat/89rav...

“Don't let the man get u down!!”

Since: Apr 09

Seattle Via London

#2 Jan 22, 2010
I aggree with you totally methampadmine and methadone are FAR from the same thing and in England ppl on methadone call it meth where as ppl in America call methamphedmine meth and methadone done. I know it varies from state to state and person to person but this article could cause allot of bad press to be fired at the MMT community. Where thier already is enough bad press regarding methadone. I think undereducation has a huge part in this.

Love & Light The Budda...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Texan arrested in Jackson County accused of smu... May 2 tomin cali 1
News Ex-senator set to plead guilty in Jackson Count... Dec '15 OS DOG 2
Kelly smith Dixon (Nov '15) Nov '15 Alabama 1
News Lake George plan submitted for federal, state p... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Frank Leach 1
Mississippi Senate district 51 (Mar '15) Mar '15 Butch Loper 1
News No ruling on motion to recuse Chancery Court Ju... (Feb '15) Feb '15 debra heumphreus 1
News Singing River Health employees ask for Jackson ... (Nov '14) Feb '15 Taxpayer Too 6
More from around the web