Mother Indicted in Newwborn's Drug-Re...

Mother Indicted in Newwborn's Drug-Related Death

There are 11 comments on the Local 15 story from Apr 14, 2012, titled Mother Indicted in Newwborn's Drug-Related Death. In it, Local 15 reports that:

A Jackson County grand jury has charged an Ocean Springs woman with murder in the death of her newborn son more than a year ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Local 15.

bgk

Mcnary, AZ

#1 Apr 14, 2012
This woman should have just had an abortion. She's obviously not fit to be a mother. Please sterilize her for her good, for her potential childrens' good, & for the good of my tax dollars. I'm so sick of this shit.

Why do so many Republicans whine about abortion & then double-whine when she spits the baby she never wanted out & then you have to comp the brain-damaged child for life with disability welfare subsidies.

If you don't want to pay for the woman's care or the care of her disabled children then just force her to get her fucking tubes tied.

Because of the way the system is set up she's gonna cost you $$$$ any way. Either she's going to rehab & a mental institution on your taxpayer dime or she's going to prison on your taxpayer dime. The difference is that a trial is gonna cost tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars & we have to comp her witnesses & lawyer fees AND HER HEALTH CARE AND HER ADDICT PROGRAM IN PRISON AND HER ROOM & BOARD AND HER DENTAL CARE AND THIS AND THAT SO ON AND SO FORTH. You guys know the drill.

Just consider the tragic death an abortion, which is totally legal & if we had abortion clinics in the region I'm sure she would have taken advantage of the service & then the baby would be in heaven. Consider it an abortion, tie her tubes under a 'threat-to-herself' psychiatric court order on the tax payer dime so we won't have to pay for this shit again when she gets out of prison & relapses like most of them do.

If she wants to live the life of a junkie that's her life choice but its high-time to bring back forced-sterilization of people not fit to be parents. And this woman obviously fits every criteria needed to justify such an action. Fix her, call the death a legal abortion or accidental miscarriage, which it is, & throw her in a fucking mental institution slash rehab drug institution & let her get the serious help she needs.

Stop with this self-important grand-standing & moralizing. Its not gonna bring the baby back. You're not gonna shame her. Her physical withdrawal symptoms are probably screwing her up right now as we speak & you're probably paying for her methadone & whatever they're treating her coke-addiction with your hard-earned tax dollars.

Lets SAVE money & do the common sense thing. Save a few hundred grand that it will cost for the trial & any appeals & for her prison health care/upkeep & just throw her in a mental hospital & be done with it.

Its cheaper than prison, its more efficient. Sterilize her under court order, get a 'threat-to-herself' hold order, & get her serious help. But stop with the faux-moral showboating. We're not proving anything. This is just another societal outcast nobody wanted so she turned to dope to escape her problems.

Either way you have to pay for the junkie. If you have a brain you'll choose the cheaper way & just throw her in a permanent psychiatric hold. That way she won't be able to get out & hurt any other of her potential children & we won't have to pay for her kicks & screwups in life again.
Orville

Burley, ID

#2 Apr 14, 2012
Infanticide as birth control. Forced sterilization. Where have I heard this before and who are the greatest advocates today? I believe we fought something called World War Two against people who echoed your thought processes.
bgk

Mcnary, AZ

#3 Apr 14, 2012
Orville wrote:
Infanticide as birth control. Forced sterilization. Where have I heard this before and who are the greatest advocates today? I believe we fought something called World War Two against people who echoed your thought processes.
That's fine. Then 1 of 2 things:

Either a) YOU hike YOUR taxes to pay for white trash like this woman & her mistakes or b) YOU quit bitching about higher taxes to pay for cut ups & irresponsible people like this.

I'm not a perfect person as no one is but I try hard to stay out of trouble. Everybody has problems but when somebody reaches this point there is no hope. And if she had been lucky enough to live in a community with better access to abortion this story wouldn't have happened.

I was reading in the news a few weeks ago: 75% of all black children are born out of wedlock. Half of hispanic children the same & a third of white people the same. If you think the whining from Republicans is bad now, you actually are in a twilight grace period right now.

Half of all black men under 40 don't have a job or are 'under employed' & work under 30 hours a week. 50%. All of these illegal aliens spitting out kids -- the restaurant & construction jobs these people are working won't be here in 20 years. Their kids are living off the welfare state. When they grow up without jobs what are they gonna do? They're gonna turn to crime is what they're gonna do.

For all of the problems we have now its nothing in comparison to what we have coming. Obama, Romney, its all the same. What they offer in solutions isn't enough. They can only slow or accelerate our decline depending on who you ask.

Look I have a white trash aunt. Just got out of prison, again, for, I don't know maybe the 4th or 5th time since the hurricane. Her rap sheet was longer before the storm. Shoplifting, grand theft auto, simple theft, drug possession, non-payment of fines, public drunk, you name it she's done it.

She has 4 kids, I think. Maybe more. I haven't seen her in over a decade & the last time I spoke with her over the phone around the time of the hurricane she asked me for money. I don't know why. She knows I don't have any to spare. Her 4 kids, all 4 have been in and out of jail, juvey hall, always in trouble with the school, involved with drugs, running the roads, shoplifting, petty theft, you know the drill. Every time I speak with my cousins they cry & moan about their situations. They have drug & alcohol problems. Now they have children who are on food stamps/WIC/welfare & they themselves were on welfare growing up, food stamps, etc.

She spat out 4 kids, all of whom were on welfare who themselves now have 3 or 4 grandkids for her who also are on welfare & constantly run up police usage. Your tax dollars currently paying for one of my cousins to go thru a drug rehab program in another state.

With the 4 kids & 3 grandkids plus her that's 8 ppl who in some way are dependent on the federal, state, or local govts for food, money, rent, everything.

And you....want to multiply that?

You want your taxes to keep going up paying for ppl like that? And they're white, its even worse when you look @ the prison/welfare stats for minorities. I don't have to explain this to you.

Abortion is a necessary evil, & its perfectly legal. Until you people realize that talk about 'bringing the family back' is nonsense & won't fix anything you'll continue to find yourself in this cycle. These people are nihilistic drug-addled troubled ppl who have no business having kids.

And each kid they bring into the world while not being able to care for that child is a kid YOU PAY FOR WITH YOUR TAX DOLLARS.

But hey, you want your taxes hiked to pay for people who otherwise can't function in a normal society, more power to you I guess.

WHY? Why? What's the point? Why allow that kind of suffering
bgk

Mcnary, AZ

#4 Apr 14, 2012
By the way, the United States federal govt & various state govts practiced sterilization up until the 60s & the 70s.

We didn't fight to beat that in WW2. That was standard psychiatric practice in the USA for about a century.

Google 'eugenics movement' & 'forced sterilization in america' if you want to read more.

What I speak of isn't an 'anti-American idea'-- it was stock policy in this country for over a decade.
Orville

Burley, ID

#5 Apr 14, 2012
You must be a Margaret Sanger acolyte. She and others have advocated your ideas and in some brutal experiments, even applied them, but I do not believe any state ever enacted mandatory sterilization or have given judges that power. Aside from the moral and ethical issues who would make and enforce any law(s)enacted? Who will be the arbiter of who can and cannot give birth? What would be the legal threshold for forced sterilization? What will be the criminal penalties for violating these laws. Will medical personnel be criminally liable if they refuse to perform one of these mandated procedures? To the matter of taxes: It goes both ways. I do not want my tax dollars spent on any abortion or forced sterilization and you do, so it's a wash. I have so little trust in our government to run any program let alone these decisions that I cringe when I hear someone advocating more power for an already bloated and out of control government at every level from municipal to federal. If they can make these decisions for you it's no stretch to see them making every decision for you.
bgk

Mcnary, AZ

#6 Apr 15, 2012
Compulsory sterilization was practiced in many many states. Read for yourself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsory_steri...

...in the early to mid 20th century. I distinctly remember hearing on CNN once that the last forced sterilization happened in the 70s, I think in California.

Who would make the law you ask? Congress. Or on the state level I guess the legislatures or in states with referendum systems -- the ppl who vote in the law. Who will enforce it? The state psychiatric/prison authorities/the courts. As they did in the past:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_v._Bell

You ask who will determine who can & can't give birth? Why not a judge or a panel of govt psychiatrists/social scientists? The trend is becoming the norm.

As of last year half of all births were to minority mothers. 75% of black births are out-of-wedlock & half of latino births the same. You seem pretty smart I'm sure you know of all the various studies that connect out-of-wedlock birth to stunted education attainment rates, high incarceration rates, high mental hospital usage rates, high drug abuse rates, high police costs(arrests, multiple calls, etc), welfare, WIC, free schooling, etc etc etc. You know the drill. I don't have to explain it. But if all these ppl are using up disproportionate amts. of govt services than does not the govt have a right to regulate their behavior? You take the govt's money they can dictate how you get it & how you live, or you don't get the money, no?

The problem with all this whining about 'rights' is that ppl's rights cost society, the govt, & ME the taxpayer money. And the more father-less kids you get the higher the fucking nanny bill you & I have to pay. You wanna preserve the "right" of some drunk abusive ex-con to father literally dozens of kids without having to pay one shiny red cent to support them while you & I pick up the tab for his willies? Are you nuts? There's a black guy I know like that, has 10 children by 3-4 different women. Guess how many he pays for? Zero. That's right. Zilch. You & I are 'daddy' to his kids.

What will be the 'criminal threshold'-- well like my stupid philandering relative, start with her & her 8 govt-dependent progeny. There's obviously some kind of psychiatric or neurological defect causing them to behave in such an illogical & irresponsible way. People who keep having kids they can't support are probably mental cases any way & need to be fixed so as not to increase the monetary burden to our already-strained mental-health system. Habitual criminals, drug addicts, proven mentally-ill individuals -- any person who its obvious isn't fit to be a parent & who causes an out-sized tax burden on the taxpayer to provide for their unwanted children.

What will be the penalties if they are found in violation of the law? Nothing. Sterilize em'. That's penalty enough. Let them keep the one kid or put it in a foster home if they're too incompetent. Then they can have all the freaky sex they want without the collateral damage you & I must via welfare.

@legal liability @ medical staff who refuse to comply -- just replace them with somebody who will comply.

As for the bloated govt/Reaganite crap -- I'm actually your best friend in disguise. I'm the nasty-tasting cough syrup you have to taste to fix the problem. The problem with so many Republicans is that they're delusional & deny reality. I'm sure errors could happen but its not that big of a deal to 'fix' ppl who are mental cases or habitual philandering welfare kings/queens & who run up the tab on your dime & then force you to feed & house & clothe their unwanted kids.

You may not think I know what I'm talking about but I really really fucking do. If you don't wanna pay social welfare benefits to these stupid single mothers, then they have to abort. There's no other way. We've tried 'education' schemes in the past & they don't work. Free condoms have mixed results. The abstinence-only education is a....
Orville

Burley, ID

#8 Apr 15, 2012
bgk:
From your Wikepedia site that you quote:
One of the first acts by Adolf Hitler after achieving total control over the German state was to pass the Law for the Prevention of Hereditarily Diseased Offspring (Gesetz zur Verhütung erbkranken Nachwuchses) in July 1933. The law was signed in by Hitler himself, and over 200 eugenic courts were created specifically as a result of the law. Under the German law, all doctors in the Reich were required to report patients of theirs who were mentally retarded, mentally ill (including schizophrenia and manic depression), epileptic, blind, deaf, or physically deformed, and a steep monetary penalty was imposed for any patients who were not properly reported. Individuals suffering from alcoholism or Huntington's Disease could also be sterilized. The individual's case was then presented in front of a court of Nazi officials and public health officers who would review their medical records, take testimony from friends and colleagues, and eventually decide whether or not to order a sterilization operation performed on the individual, using force if necessary. Though not explicitly covered by the law, 400 mixed-race "Rhineland Bastards" were also sterilized beginning in 1937.[8]
By the end of World War II, over 400,000 individuals were sterilized under the German law and its revisions, most within its first four years of being enacted. When the issue of compulsory sterilization was brought up at the Nuremberg trials after the war, many Nazis defended their actions on the matter by indicating that it was the United States itself from whom they had taken inspiration. The Nazis had many other eugenics-inspired racial policies, including their "euthanasia" program in which around 70,000 people institutionalized or suffering from birth defects were killed.[9]
bgk

Mcnary, AZ

#9 Apr 15, 2012
Orville wrote:
bgk:
From your Wikepedia site that you quote:
One of the first acts by Adolf Hitler after achieving total control over the German state was to pass the Law for the Prevention of Hereditarily Diseased Offspring (Gesetz zur Verhütung erbkranken Nachwuchses) in July 1933. The law was signed in by Hitler himself, and over 200 eugenic courts were created specifically as a result of the law. Under the German law, all doctors in the Reich were required to report patients of theirs who were mentally retarded, mentally ill (including schizophrenia and manic depression), epileptic, blind, deaf, or physically deformed, and a steep monetary penalty was imposed for any patients who were not properly reported. Individuals suffering from alcoholism or Huntington's Disease could also be sterilized. The individual's case was then presented in front of a court of Nazi officials and public health officers who would review their medical records, take testimony from friends and colleagues, and eventually decide whether or not to order a sterilization operation performed on the individual, using force if necessary. Though not explicitly covered by the law, 400 mixed-race "Rhineland Bastards" were also sterilized beginning in 1937.[8]
By the end of World War II, over 400,000 individuals were sterilized under the German law and its revisions, most within its first four years of being enacted. When the issue of compulsory sterilization was brought up at the Nuremberg trials after the war, many Nazis defended their actions on the matter by indicating that it was the United States itself from whom they had taken inspiration. The Nazis had many other eugenics-inspired racial policies, including their "euthanasia" program in which around 70,000 people institutionalized or suffering from birth defects were killed.[9]
Why are you bringing what happened in a foreign nation into the debate? Why did you ignore what happened HERE? What OUR govt did? This was common govt practice up until the 50s or 60s. And we really only stopped it because @ that time the welfare state & economy were strong enough to handle the extra burden. Now, its not. The welfare state is shrinking rapidly.

You know I don't think a lot of ppl in this state understand the brevity of what has happened since 2007/08. I remember reading the local papers & the Jackson Clarion Ledger @ the time. Gov. Barbour back in 08 would slash 10% from the total state budget & then when tax revenues didn't meet projections he'd cut it another 5-10%. Our state govt is actually about 40-50% smaller than what it was in 2007. That's a MASSIVE shift in spending, or lack there of.

This year the new Governor, whatever his name is -- Bryant I think just said in the local paper that we're cutting state education spending by I think it was 15%. The general budget will be cut by about a tenth as well. This isn't sustainable.

You can't keep spitting out unwanted children & then dump them on the welfare dole when their deadbeat fathers go to jail or skip town with another woman. And then the woman struggles with min. wage jobs for the next 20 years unable to control her unwanted kids who then turn to crime & gangs. Who needs this kind of suffering?

I'm not advocating targeting any group, save stupid ppl. If you have kids you can't care for, then get the snip snip & let that be it. What's the big deal?

You still haven't answered my question: do YOU wanna pay for all those kids? Over half of all births now to women under thirty are out of wedlock:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/18/us/for-wome...

In an ideal world I'd be all for 'preserving the family.' But that's delusional now. The world of the 40s is over. Now welfare queens are the norm, regardless of race. And if wasn't for the welfare state, which is quickly going broke, they'd be out stealing your shit to feed themselves & their kids.
bgk

Mcnary, AZ

#10 Apr 15, 2012
Again you need to answer the question: do YOU want to pay for these kids?

Yes or no?

They say kids cost parents over 200k before they turn 18. Throw in prison costs & expand that to say 30 or 40 years & if say 4 kids go to jail from one parent -- that's like an 800k+ dollar tab for one welfare queen. One welfare queen with 7 or 8 troubled kids on welfare & you're looking @ one fucking woman running up over a million dollar tab on the taxpayer dime.

You wanna pay that?

I'm telling you man whether you want to admit it or not ppl are pushing the Republicans to defund the welfare state for this exact reason. They don't like to admit it to themselves but they don't like paying for these kids. They grumble about it but if you look @ what they're doing to social safety net spending, they're gutting it.

Welfare will be gone in 20-30 years time, & the Fed will be printing away our debt.

If you wanna pay for that level of social chaos, then whatever I guess.
Orville

Burley, ID

#11 Apr 16, 2012
bgk:

I would agree with you. But then we would both be wrong.
bgk

Mcnary, AZ

#12 Apr 16, 2012
You haven't explained why I'm wrong but ok man.

I guess you have no problem paying for all these unwanted children & the welfare queens & cut ups who spit out unwanted children. Have fun. I guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Voice of the people: Bricklee Miller Oct 8 Proven Liar 12
News Couple expecting baby murdered (Jan '08) Sep 30 Know your facts 19
News Mississippi Choctaws give details on $375M coas... (Oct '06) Apr '17 Cherie 98
Wake up dum num (Jan '17) Jan '17 Skale it 1
News Will this Mississippi murder be the first feder... (Sep '16) Sep '16 TerriB1 1
News Deputy: Transgender woman stabbed 119 times (Sep '16) Sep '16 Sneaky Pete 1
News Vancleave's Alec Lara arrested in connection to... (May '13) Jul '16 Alec Lara 5
More from around the web