Mary Marr Beckman drops out of Ocean Springs mayor's race

Mar 18, 2013 Full story: gulflive.com

A little over a week after it became a three-person race, the campaign for the Ocean Springs mayor's seat is down to two after Independent candidate Mary Marr Beckman dropped out Monday morning.

Full Story
The Cobra

Ocean Springs, MS

#1 Mar 18, 2013
Now Ocean Springs is down to ZERO candidates for Mayor.The two left don't know anything about honest Goverment.IT is a real shame for the good People of Ocean Springs that this is all they have to pick from. Bad Or Bad

Local boy

Ocean Springs, MS

#2 Mar 18, 2013
You have to pick one.
Taxpayer

Ocean Springs, MS

#3 Mar 19, 2013
Why did Beckman drop out? Because she was told to by the McKay camp in my opinion.She was going to take votes away from him and he sent word to her to get out I heard.
Justthinkin

Prairieville, LA

#4 Mar 19, 2013
It is IMPERATIVE that the Media ask Mr. McKay for specifics about the New Jail complex. Why was the ONLY LOCAL presenter and the substantially less costly model " overlooked " by the Board back in July ??? And,... With what monies are the costs going to be paid with for thus "excessive " project.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SRHS retirees, employees band together to get l... Dec 16 just me 2
Singing River Health employees ask for Jackson ... Dec 9 Godzilla 4
Small employee raises included in Ocean Springs... Sep '14 gulf 5
Jackson County School Board Sep '14 Vancleave Sally 1
Jackson County supervisor fights for money to f... (Mar '09) Aug '14 Ed Harper 7
Former alderman, commissioner is new Ocean Spri... Aug '14 Godzilla 4
Walter Anderson Museum in Ocean Springs wants c... Aug '14 gulf 3
More from around the web