Sheriff's funeral: cops expected from across Miss.

Jul 25, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The South Mississippi Sun Herald

George County Deputy Chief Tony Keel says law enforcement officers from across Mississippi and as far as Florida are expected at the funeral Monday for Sheriff Garry Welford.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Judged:

This is probably like the 20th fatality of spike strip thrower guy this year, it is as if the spike strip thrower guy is the red shirt wearing dude on the old Star Trek, the guy you knew wasn't coming back from the landing party.

Why don't they use their time and taxpayer gas money to conduct a convention with professional speakers who will provide a presentation on pedestrian responsibilities and basic common sense don't run out in front of moving car traffic safety?
I SHOULD KNOW

Hattiesburg, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Judged:

Dude, I can appreciate your libertarian stance on issues, but you can go F--k yourself if you think you're winning any friends by insulting the Sheriff.

Our job as cops is to protect the public from people like the two suspects who hit and killed the Sheriff. We risk our azzes so you don't have to.

I guess you would rather have us just let all the meth cooks go?

BTW, a cop throwing spike strips isn't a f--kin pedestrian. And we sure as hell don't just "run" into moving traffic. Go back to reading World Net Daily and listening to Alex Jones' show and hiding from the black helicopters ATF is sending your way. You're an imbecile, plain and simple.
JustLookin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

First and foremost, as with any other "news story" facts can get confused. With that said, Richard, there were NO spikes being thrown. There were NO spikes at the scene. He did NOT walk out in front of the car. There were other options for the driver to take instead of stepping harder on the gas and hitting the Sheriff.
charlie

Purvis, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Richard_ wrote:
This is probably like the 20th fatality of spike strip thrower guy this year, it is as if the spike strip thrower guy is the red shirt wearing dude on the old Star Trek, the guy you knew wasn't coming back from the landing party.
Why don't they use their time and taxpayer gas money to conduct a convention with professional speakers who will provide a presentation on pedestrian responsibilities and basic common sense don't run out in front of moving car traffic safety?
why are you so angry is there anything we can do to make it better

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

I SHOULD KNOW wrote:
Dude, I can appreciate your libertarian stance on issues, but you can go F--k yourself
A police officer is a member of the executive branch of government and as such police execute the will of government and the will of government is pretty simple when it comes to pedestrians, that's all I'm saying:

Here's the state code on the matter of pedestrians:

http://www.mscode.com/free/statutes/63/003/11...

SEC. 63-3-1105. Pedestrians crossing roadways at locations other than crosswalks.

(1) Every pedestrian crossing a roadway at any point other than within a marked crosswalk or within an unmarked crosswalk at an intersection shall yield the right-of-way to all vehicles upon the roadway.

(2) Any pedestrian crossing a roadway at a point where a pedestrian tunnel or overhead pedestrian crossing has been provided shall yield the right-of-way to all vehicles upon the roadway.

(3) Between adjacent intersections at which traffic control signals are in operation pedestrians shall not cross at any place except in a marked crosswalk.

SOURCES: Codes, 1942, Sec. 8202; Laws, 1938, ch. 200; 1983, ch. 350, Sec. 5, eff from and after July 1, 1983.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

charlie wrote:
<quoted text>why are you so angry is there anything we can do to make it better
Angry? Angry is for mullet wearing uneducated guys in wife beater t-shirts, skoal baseball caps, driving pickup trucks.
I SHOULD KNOW

Hattiesburg, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

A cop, trying to stop a felony fleeing vehicle, is hardly a pedestrian. You're an intelligent guy, so why can't you figure that out?

And no, I don't have a mullet. I'm certainly not "uneducated," although I have little in the way of college education. I occasionally wear "wife beaters" around the house, and I wear them well, thank you. I don't wear ball caps (not until my Larue tactical ball cap comes in LOL), and I don't drive a pickup. I'm sorry, but your stereotype doesn't fit.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>
A police officer is a member of the executive branch of government and as such police execute the will of government and the will of government is pretty simple when it comes to pedestrians, that's all I'm saying:
SEC. 63-3-1105. Pedestrians crossing roadways at locations other than crosswalks.
(1) Every pedestrian crossing a roadway at any point other than within a marked crosswalk or within an unmarked crosswalk at an intersection shall yield the right-of-way to all vehicles upon the roadway.
(2) Any pedestrian crossing a roadway at a point where a pedestrian tunnel or overhead pedestrian crossing has been provided shall yield the right-of-way to all vehicles upon the roadway.
(3) Between adjacent intersections at which traffic control signals are in operation pedestrians shall not cross at any place except in a marked crosswalk.
SOURCES: Codes, 1942, Sec. 8202; Laws, 1938, ch. 200; 1983, ch. 350, Sec. 5, eff from and after July 1, 1983.
Maybe your 1488?

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

_N0_N33D_T0_T33L_ wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe your 1488?
"your"? Maybe you're engrish is a little bit off, should we send INS to help you out?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>"your"? Maybe you're engrish is a little bit off, should we send INS to help you out?
Nah you can come big boy!!!!
Scoop

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>
What has any of this got to do with a law officer laying down spike strips to stop a speeding vehicle? There were no pedestrians.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Scoop wrote:
<quoted text>
What has any of this got to do with a law officer laying down spike strips to stop a speeding vehicle? There were no pedestrians.
The officer was a pedestrian by the nature of the fact that he was on foot walking around a street prior to his death. In fact, he might have accidently caused his own death, since a person who is a pedestrian might look a lot like a deer darting out in front of a car at night in some circumstances.
Scoop

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

He was on duty in uniform and by a blue lighted vehicle in plain sight in daylight.
well who knows

Meadville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Richard I drive a pick up truck dont wear wife beaters I have a cope. hat because skoal gives me heart burn but a Law Enforcement Officer is NOT a pedestrian by any means by your interp. of the law I would be a pedestrian once I get out of my patrol unit while checking a building or makeing a traffic stop and thats not so that law deals with people NOT an L.E.O. just like I can speed while going to a call... and by the way it seems that your blameing the sheriff so you can go FUCK your self and if you ever need a cop call a crack head yall seem to be for each other

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

Scoop wrote:
He was on duty in uniform and by a blue lighted vehicle in plain sight in daylight.
Scoop this is only a thought think about this what if they did switch after all that happen the drivers door was still open and what happens when a male is in a hurry he will leave the door open and the females shuts the door i have seen that many times and this is only just a thought
Scoop

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

I heard it today from another citizen that since neither bothered to check on his condition and did not give themselves up voluntarily, they proved themselves to be selfish and undeserving. Trial should be interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jackson County Discussions

Search the Jackson County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Jackson Co. leaders search for Ocean Springs er... May '14 Shopgrl 8
Jackson County searching for missing Tennessee ... Apr '14 Gulf 1
More Mar '14 Wes 1
Jackson County man denied extra compensation fo... Mar '14 Wes 1
Harbor Landing in Ocean Springs turned over for... (Dec '12) Feb '14 Roberta Sparrow 9
Jackson county schools Jan '14 Fishermain 1
Education Notebook Jan '14 Fishermain 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••