Bobby Cox defeats Melanie Allen the O...

Bobby Cox defeats Melanie Allen the Ocean Springs alderman at large race

There are 5 comments on the The Mississippi Press story from Feb 7, 2012, titled Bobby Cox defeats Melanie Allen the Ocean Springs alderman at large race. In it, The Mississippi Press reports that:

Bobby Cox soundly defeated Melanie Allen in Tuesday's special election to claim the Alderman at large seat on the Board of Aldermen, according to unofficial results.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Mississippi Press.

Old Ocean Springs

Eagle, ID

#1 Feb 7, 2012
Connie, you might want to look at the results. Bobby Cox beat you and Melanie Allen in all 6 wards. That's right he even won in old Ocean Springs. Your days of wasting money, being an embarassment to our city because of your bad habits, keeeping the loud noise from bands playing late night in the bars, and those roosters are a big part why Melanie Allen lost big. everybody knew how hard you were supporting Melanie. I got an email from you and I was determined to see Melanie lose just to send a loud and clear message that we have had enough of you. June of 2013 is just around the corner. Any one you support, I will work very hard to make sure they don't win.
Court Side

Mobile, AL

#2 Feb 9, 2012
I agree that Allen lost in part due to the heavy support from Connie. Some people saw a vote for Cox to be a way to voice frustration at Connie. That said, I still think Cox, while a fine businessman, won't the the Alderman Allen would have been. He didn't seem to much more than get a well placed yard sign campaign organized. Has he taken a clear position on anything as of yet?
O S DOG

Long Beach, MS

#3 Feb 9, 2012
Yes he has. Controlled spending within the cities means.Substained and controlled growth.He was sworn in last night and will do just fine as soon as he gets going. He sure ran an effective campaign and should be proud so many people have faith in him.
Old Ocean Springs

Boise, ID

#4 Mar 13, 2012
I am looking forward to seeing Bobby at the alderman meeting. We citizens should make an effort to come out and see our government in action.
bgk

Mcnary, AZ

#5 Mar 14, 2012
I'm not taking sides for or against Moran but I can back up Mr. Cox. He's cut my hair before on several occasions & is a very nice & honest man. I think he'll make a great alderman.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Voice of the people: Bricklee Miller Oct '17 Proven Liar 12
News Couple expecting baby murdered (Jan '08) Sep '17 Know your facts 19
News Mississippi Choctaws give details on $375M coas... (Oct '06) Apr '17 Cherie 98
Wake up dum num (Jan '17) Jan '17 Skale it 1
News Will this Mississippi murder be the first feder... (Sep '16) Sep '16 TerriB1 1
News Deputy: Transgender woman stabbed 119 times (Sep '16) Sep '16 Sneaky Pete 1
News Vancleave's Alec Lara arrested in connection to... (May '13) Jul '16 Alec Lara 5
More from around the web