Whiting claims self-defense

Whiting claims self-defense

There are 14 comments on the Daily Sentinel story from Aug 24, 2008, titled Whiting claims self-defense. In it, Daily Sentinel reports that:

Murder suspect Robert Lloyd Whiting said he acted in self-defense in the 2005 killing of Joshua Glenn Griffis, 23, of Rosalie during his trial Thursday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Sentinel.

Since: Aug 08

Panama City Beach, FL

#1 Aug 25, 2008
The verdict the verdict the jury handed down is B.S.Jackson county court system is B.S.

Panama City Beach, FL

#2 Aug 27, 2008
Does anyone not care that this person was wrongfully convicted.
Totenkopf

Fayette, AL

#3 Oct 13, 2008
Wrongfully convicted? Just because you bunked with him in A-pod doesn't mean he was innocent. He confessed when they first brought him in. Heaven forbid if his story changed in 2 years. Especially since there was a sexual crime envolved as well.
R Bradford

Huntsville, AL

#4 Oct 16, 2008
first of all how did u know we were cell mates. second if there was a sex crime commited against his wife why did she come to see him at the jail on visitation.i know that he confessed.he was still wrongfully convicted!!!
Totenkopf

Fayette, AL

#5 Oct 16, 2008
She came to the jail to finalize divorse papers. I believe a judge and jury has a better grasp on determining that than a multipe convicted felon.
curious

Guntersville, AL

#6 Oct 16, 2008
Totenkopf wrote:
She came to the jail to finalize divorse papers. I believe a judge and jury has a better grasp on determining that than a multipe convicted felon.
So i take it you work at the jail then
Totenkopf

Fayette, AL

#7 Oct 18, 2008
I used to, I now work at another agence as a police officer.
curious

Guntersville, AL

#8 Oct 20, 2008
Totenkopf wrote:
I used to, I now work at another agence as a police officer.
hmmm ok i got ya i think i know who you are

Panama City Beach, FL

#9 Oct 25, 2008
OK first of all i am not a multiple convicted felon. I was convisted once in 2002.I have 1 felony in 6 years.1 misdameaner dui in 2006. get your facts straight before you post up information about me. YOU say u are a police officer. Next time you slander me I will get my attorney Involved.
Robert bradford

Panama City Beach, FL

#10 Oct 26, 2008
does any one know how much time he got?
Totenkopf

Haleyville, AL

#11 Oct 28, 2008
Arrests and convictions are public information. There is no possible way to get an attorney involved. Now another aspect, the internet has been deemed constitutionally sound as an alley for freedom of speech. So for instance if I typed: On 11-07-02 Nathan Moore and James Ray Furr were performing anal sex with you in cell A4. Well there is not much that can be done about it. So call the attorney and see how far the slander suit of a multiple felon will go in court.By the way sadomy is a felony as well, as is possesion of a controlled substance. You do not want to open this can of worms.
Cheers
Robert Bradford

Panama City Beach, FL

#12 Oct 29, 2008
OK i will play your game.For instance if i were to type that on 03-10-02 your mom got picked up for prostitution to support her crack habbit. Like u said, just an example. Whats your prodlem anyway. were you abused as a child or something. Did daddy spank u to hard.
referring_to_ref erral

Dawson, AL

#13 Nov 17, 2008
What happens in vegas stays in vegas. What happens in Jackson County Jail, for heaven's sake, please leave it in Jackson County Jail! That was just too much information. I'm going into brain overload here!

Internet laws, they are 'a changin'. I believe it is called internet bullying these days and even though it is hard to stick a slander charge on a person for posting slanderous comments on the internet, there have been a few progressive judges who have seen the light of day. Unfortunately, none of them are in Jackson County.
pboy

United States

#14 Feb 1, 2015
Lol they roomed together and fell in love,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jackson county road dept. (Apr '14) Feb 5 bob 6
News Man stabbed at Stevenson, AL home (Sep '16) Oct '17 tyree 9
News Alabama is the second worst state in the nation... (Jul '17) Jul '17 Badnews 1
News Jackson Co. Deputies: Man accused of holding gi... (Jun '17) Jul '17 Jace 3
News Jackson County man booked on drug charges follo... (Aug '16) Sep '16 Ben 2
Battery Hill (Sep '16) Sep '16 No Ellen 1
Jimmy Jones ant Sh!t (Feb '16) Feb '16 Common Sence 1
More from around the web