Drug problem ignored

Drug problem ignored

There are 19 comments on the Azle News Online story from Jun 15, 2007, titled Drug problem ignored. In it, Azle News Online reports that:

“A passive response is not going to work”

There is a drug problem in Azle, Texas. And not enough is being done by parents and community leaders to combat apathy. via Azle News Online

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Azle News Online.

big boy

United States

#1 Jul 5, 2007
i think the school is taking it to hard on the students about drugs they make the kids want to do it instead of not doing it most of the student have alreadey tried drugs how do i know because i am a former student of JHS i know most of the students they like to drink and party this school is not doing a good job of making it a drug free zone
Madonna

Cleburne, TX

#2 Jul 5, 2007
big boy wrote:
i think the school is taking it to hard on the students about drugs they make the kids want to do it instead of not doing it most of the student have alreadey tried drugs how do i know because i am a former student of JHS i know most of the students they like to drink and party this school is not doing a good job of making it a drug free zone
I think you may have tried them(drugs) because you were doing something other than your school work! Try proof reading before posting and maybe you won't sound so stupid! Enough can't be done or said in our schools or community to keep our kids off drugs! There will always be some kids that are stupid enough to try drugs but the fight on drugs starts at home and how you are raised and the school, community, and our PD are there for backup support! Schools are tough enough on drugs------can't be too tough!
Flabbergasted

Iowa Park, TX

#3 Jul 5, 2007
big boy wrote:
Nor are they, apparently, doing a good job of teaching sentence structure, capitalization, grammar or spelling!!!!
Madonna

United States

#4 Jul 5, 2007
Flabbergasted wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor are they, apparently, doing a good job of teaching sentence structure, capitalization, grammar or spelling!!!!
I agree! My first grader is smarter than "big boy"!
JHSmother

United States

#5 Jul 5, 2007
I'm not saying ya'll are wrong, but why make fun of him? Guess we dont teach proper courtesy here either.
Flabbergasted

Iowa Park, TX

#6 Jul 5, 2007
JHSmother wrote:
I'm not saying ya'll are wrong, but why make fun of him? Guess we dont teach proper courtesy here either.
Who's making FUN???? It's just sad.......

Since: Jul 07

United States

#7 Jul 5, 2007
My child goes to school here and she can spell. He was only making a statement and was downed for his spelling and such...and I wasnt talking to you as much as I was talkin got MT, who happens to not like this town from her previous posts in other forums. Maybe I should say the PD? I've lurked for a while and decided to join. I attended school here also, want to check my spelling? I'm just saying lighten up on people and their spelling, gosh.

United States

#8 Jul 5, 2007
woops see there, I typo'ed.

United States

#9 Jul 5, 2007
big boy wrote:
In reality, there is not much more the school can do. The same problem is with ANY school.
Madonna

Sunset, TX

#10 Jul 5, 2007
JHSmother wrote:
My child goes to school here and she can spell. He was only making a statement and was downed for his spelling and such...and I wasnt talking to you as much as I was talkin got MT, who happens to not like this town from her previous posts in other forums. Maybe I should say the PD? I've lurked for a while and decided to join. I attended school here also, want to check my spelling? I'm just saying lighten up on people and their spelling, gosh.
I like Jacksboro just don't like everyone that lives there and that's the way it is in any town! I am sure there are people who don't like me and that's fine--------it's what makes the world go round! I don't like James Forbus, he's not what makes Jacksboro and I am not trying to get people not to like him, I am just stating my opinion! It's just not a good one! I am glad he has friends------I have friends--------just not the same ones!

United States

#11 Jul 6, 2007
Mother Teresa wrote:
<quoted text>I like Jacksboro just don't like everyone that lives there and that's the way it is in any town! I am sure there are people who don't like me and that's fine--------it's what makes the world go round! I don't like James Forbus, he's not what makes Jacksboro and I am not trying to get people not to like him, I am just stating my opinion! It's just not a good one! I am glad he has friends------I have friends--------just not the same ones!
Well, heres my opinion of you LOL. NOW I am laughing AT YOU and YOUR situation. You are a hysterical being.
Madonna

Royse City, TX

#12 Jul 6, 2007
JHSmother wrote:
<quoted text>Well, heres my opinion of you LOL. NOW I am laughing AT YOU and YOUR situation. You are a hysterical being.
I have no situation and I don't mind being laughed at. I thought you were laughing at the whole Mr. Rhone thing and I find nothing funny about it. I was wrong in making any sort of assumption.
Fascinated

Sunset, TX

#13 Jul 16, 2007
Madonna wrote:
<quoted text>I have no situation and I don't mind being laughed at. I thought you were laughing at the whole Mr. Rhone thing and I find nothing funny about it. I was wrong in making any sort of assumption.
What's a "Mr. Rhone thing"?
Well-advised

Sunset, TX

#14 Jul 16, 2007
JHSmother wrote:
I always say...."LURK BEFORE YOU JOIN!"
CMM

Conway, AR

#15 Jul 16, 2007
Why are you all blaming this on the school. I always thought that it was the parent that raised a child not the school district!!! But hey I guess this is what can be expected out of a society that relies on T.V. as a babysitter. By the way I grew up and went to school in Jacksboro and have never tried any drugs.
Joyce

Lubbock, TX

#16 Jul 20, 2007
JHSmother wrote:
W0W you hit the nail on the head .....*Kudos*
GUNNER

Littlefield, TX

#17 Jul 30, 2007
Madonna wrote:
<quoted text>I like Jacksboro just don't like everyone that lives there and that's the way it is in any town! I am sure there are people who don't like me and that's fine--------it's what makes the world go round! I don't like James Forbus, he's not what makes Jacksboro and I am not trying to get people not to like him, I am just stating my opinion! It's just not a good one! I am glad he has friends------I have friends--------just not the same ones!
Sadly the people DO make a town what it is .The actions of the towns people is what attracts new people to ANY town.Maybe Jacksboro shouldn't be so cheap and PAY the officers better ,maybe people like you should just move on and find a different town than Jacksboro,then the town won't have to worry about pleaseing ONLY you huh .As you are the ONLY one complaining.
Sarah

Littlefield, TX

#18 Jul 31, 2007
Nuthins changed huh?
Madonna

Sunset, TX

#19 Aug 7, 2007
GUNNER wrote:
<quoted text>Sadly the people DO make a town what it is .The actions of the towns people is what attracts new people to ANY town.Maybe Jacksboro shouldn't be so cheap and PAY the officers better ,maybe people like you should just move on and find a different town than Jacksboro,then the town won't have to worry about pleaseing ONLY you huh .As you are the ONLY one complaining.
Not the only one complaining, just the only one stating my opinions on this forum! There are lots of people who agree with me. We are just in a different circle of friends!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jack County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Steven M. Williams Interview (Nov '07) Sep '15 My name is Nobody 32
News New Texas State Laws Went into Effect on Monday (Sep '14) Sep '14 Janice 1
fire (Aug '11) Aug '11 zipdoday 1
News /C O R R E C T I O N -- Halek Energy LLC/ (Dec '10) Dec '10 Was an Investor 1
News North Texas Counties Act On Burn, Fireworks Bans (Jul '08) Jul '08 Good Luck 1
More from around the web